• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Let's see if Cal was right: -mon vs Yhwach

Status
Not open for further replies.
>_>

If you really think this is unfair you can close it, you know. You are an admin ovo

I never argued Causality tho. Matter of fact I have argued this entire time Yhwach stomps.

Yhwach's Almighty is the most NLF ability in Bleach, a verse filled with NLF ability descriptions. And it isn't much better because practically every single one of it's superlative properties gets contradicted on-panel.

Stuff

If only Kubo hadn't told us that the Almighty could resurrect him post death (whoops, doesn't matter if he died now)

or negate power nullification (whoops, doesn't matter that he got hit with the plot arrow now)

or see through enemy powers (whoops, doesn't matter that KS is being used on him now)

or nullify enemy powers (whoops, doesn't matter that KS is being used on him now x2 combo)
So it is always suspect when people go "Lol Yhwach Power Nulls / Haxes immediately". Yhwach himself addresses the limitations of his power, which only changes his own future and is bound by what he can do himself.

Anyway, Yhwach canonically displays a difficulty dealing with temporal powers not related to the future, has never dealt with Time Stop, and Timemon's Causality Manipulation seems more impressive.

So my vote is on Timemon.

Knightofannihilation666 said:
Temporal abilities such as? I don't recall Yhwach ever struggling against such a thing.
He likely means Tsukishima changing the past rendering The Almighty ineffective.

I don't think that's a temporal ability, rather a form of causality manipulation. And even then it didn't do much to the Almighty, he simply fixed Ichigo's Zangetsu. Yhwach broke that shit again.

"Book of the End has the ability to split the past of whomever it cuts. This ability works not by manipulating time and memories, but by literally inserting Tsukishima's presence into the victim's history."

So no, Yhwach never struggled with any form of temporal powers. And even then all it did was fix Ichigo's Zangetsu which Yhwach broke again.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Tsukishima's ability to influence the past is a blatant example of temporal powers countering the Almighty.

Said ability is already confirmed not to be temporal. Even if we do ignore that, Yhwach never showed any difficulty with it whatsoever. Thrid time now all it did was fix his Zanpakuto and Yhwach broke it again.

Book of the End has the ability to split the past of whoever it cuts. This ability works not by manipulating time and memories, but by literally inserting Tsukishima's presence into the victim's history.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
The issue here is whether this is passive or not. That is the issue.

Depends on what you mean. The Almighty itself doesn't stop once it's already activated, and the power null takes effect instantly. I wouldn't call it passive but it's very close to being passive.

Inserting one presence into the victim's history sounds like a Temporal ability to me, especially when it was shown to affect the present multiple times.

Now Timemon Age Manipulation works by punching. Of course he will do so while stopping Yhwach in time.

>My ability doesn't affect time

>Says ability affects the past of others in the next line.

past

nou

noun: the past

1. 1.
the time or a period of time before the moment of speaking or writing.

"she found it hard to make ends meet in the past"

synonyms: formerly, previously, in days/years/times gone by, in former times, in the (good) old days, in days of old, in olden times, once (upon a time); More

Timemon is an Appmon with the rare ability to transcend the flow of time and space. It is able to interfere with not only its own flow of time, but also the flow of time of any opponent it strikes with its fists.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
He can de age him and redirect his flow of time. The moment he punches Yhwach, Timemon has complete control over Yhwach's time flow.

I'm not sure if Yhwach would allow him to hit him. Typically Yhwach will abuse the Almighty from the start of the match, he'll see a future where that happens and will avoid it. Btw this dude reminds me of Barragan. But on steroids.

I should note that it is in character for Timemon even when casually playing around to stop time for his opponent. This is done via thought.

Yhwach can rewrite causality to replace the futures where he loses with ones where he wins except for the most crucial moment of the final arc where he didn't do that and ******* died.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back