• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Let's go back, shall we: Adventures Mario vs Young Cranky

I mean, yes, Cranky is smart, but I don't recall classic DK having much complex thought.

I gotta agree with about, young Cranky isn't nearly as 'wise' in his prime, he didn't really have much strategy when fighting Jumpman and seemed more like he was winging it. The Genuis rank we have for him probably applies more for older Cranky.

With that in mind, they both don't have all too many abilities, they're going to be slugging it out melee style since they have no gear or range, and they don't have too many combat feats. Cranky has lifting strength, but Mario has some level of toon force and regen, plus he actually confronted some of his opponents while Cranky tries to stay away and ahead of Jumpman rather than directly fighting him.

With that, I think Mario takes a small skill edge and his comedic regen will let him brush off a few more hits, so I lean Mario. A repeat of the good-ol days

Yeah it's not good, it's literially the worst regen possible. But bouncing back from minor wounds, beatings, and bruisings is something in a fight where niether side really has all that much of an advantage. These two have nothing other than thier fists and probably being baseline. No gear, barely any powers, similar stamina and durability, smarts is even up for debate.

This is a drag-out slugfest, they're going to be meleeing each other for the majority of this fight, so if Mario is going to get over the pain and bruising faster than young Cracky does, that's at least something in his favor for outlasting him in this encounter.

And when I said 'comedic regen' I meant it as in his regen seems to be tied into his toon-force, that he recovers because it's a slapstick joke when he gets hurt. Not that I'm trying to imply that he's going to just bounce back entirely after every hit and be totally fine.

So yeah, it isn't 'good', but tied in with Mario's other advantages I think it's something, and both characters desprately need something to give them the edge here.

Back