• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Let's discuss Real Steel files

The_Impress

She/Her
VS Battles
Retired

So this got brought up to my attention, the way we treat Real Steel files is kinda weird, they SHOULD be treated as a duo file, listing a 10-B/10-A/9-C operator for each bot. Why? Because the robots can literally not function without their controllers, as such being more comparable to Weapons.

By this, we quickly realize character page for Atom, would actually belong to Charlie Kenton, since he is the actual "character", and the robot would be considered a weapon.

So proposal to fix that

From my memory of the movie, yeah. It is kinda implied Atom can act on his own, but generally in a fight he's got a human on the sidelines.

I mean Zeus is programmed to fight on autopilot but can switch to manual if needed. I think a separate profile for the operators is unnecessary since the pro-bots are on autopilot anyway and their operators are just normal ass dudes with 0 feats besides Charlie.

Just switch the bots to weapon profiles and we're good.

Yeah sure, but I don't like profiles that are like 2 dudes on a single profile that are two seperate things. I feel like there should be standardisation on that front since we have profiles for mechs and then we have profiles for pilots and their mechs. What constitutes something that deserves a profile on its own and a profile for two things?

Yeah sure, but I don't like profiles that are like 2 dudes on a single profile that are two seperate things. I feel like there should be standardisation on that front since we have profiles for mechs and then we have profiles for pilots and their mechs. What constitutes something that deserves a profile on its own and a profile for two things?
I feel case-by-case, no? By this notion according to you every arsenal a character owns should be indexed separate, something we don't do.

You don't need to standardize everything in existence, sometimes it should be case-by-case

i think the profiles for the bots themselves should become weapon profiles, and should be listed on the profiles of their operators

I'm fine with giving operators their own profiles and treating the robots as weapons of their controllers.

that would only put him at 10-A. it doesn’t help that he’s past his prime.
A pro boxer of his weight class would definitely be 9-C, you can make the argument that he's past his prime but he does still get into fights IIRC

FYI, his name is Charlie Kenton, and he does have a profile on the wiki.

I honestly agree with the bot profiles being classed as "weapons". Without operators, they’re basically useless unless they have a mode that allows them to operate by themselves.

Back