• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

LDO revisions

Status
Not open for further replies.
>LARF want to say he can resist fire magic

Don't put random words into my mouth please, i never said anything like that

I didn't through

You said any LDO have resistance for magic then you said Bey wasn't burn by kei Braih even though she didn't even touch him and when she did he arm was burnt to ashes then you claim that because the ignoring durability thing not the magic or the fire

I am absolutely against the magic resistance

Sorry if I assumed anything on your part

>Bey wasn't burn by kei Braih even though she didn't even touch him and when she did he arm was burnt to ashes then you claim that because the ignoring durability thing not the magic or the fire

>Yeah when she attacked him he arm was cut at the spot, he kept doging everything she throw and even if he was hit directly that point of the souls count

You said ******* cut his arm ..............................

His arm was served then turned into ashes and his bones were melted and the blood that came from his body was vaporized in the very same moment , in Kasumi's route he was also burned by Kei's fire without the letter attacking him directly

Again what your point ? They can hurt each other like hell and you can only ignore such attack by having huge souls count different which is translated into "more power"

>His arm was served then turned into ashes and his bones were melted and the blood that came from his body was vaporized in the very same moment , in Kasumi's route he was also burned by Kei's fire without the letter attacking him directly

It's a specific weakness of his, fire, duh of course he would be weak to it.

And no i never said Wilhelm will gain resistance towards magical fire, that is something you brought yourself (I never even said Wilhelm can resist fire) , resistance towards magic =/= resistance towards a single element.

Let's say for exemple he is fighting against a magician, this of course means some of the spells used by the magician will not be as strong as some others, if he throws an Arcane blast, Wilhelm can shrug it off but a fireball? nah it will harm him.

This is gonna be my last post about this magic stuff, and if people agreed with me at keeping it, sure if not then remove it ┬»\_(Òâä)_/┬»

>Again what your point ? They can hurt each other like hell and you can only ignore such attack by having huge souls count different which is translated into "more power"

Why are you even bringing something that is irrelevant to our discussion now?

Dunno if this bit has been covered already, but as I was going through Kei's route I found the "cain busts mountains" statement.

Ren is the one saying it. Ren is a 17 year old highschool student, and the most destructive thing he's seen from Cain is the guy shooting lightning and decimating schoolyards and club theatres.

It really doesn't seem like a reliable statement to me. It seems very much like hyperbole.

Monarch Laciel said:
Dunno if this bit has been covered already, but as I was going through Kei's route I found the "cain busts mountains" statement.
Ren is the one saying it. Ren is a 17 year old highschool student, and the most destructive thing he's seen from Cain is the guy shooting lightning and decimating schoolyards and club theatres.

It really doesn't seem like a reliable statement to me. It seems very much like hyperbole.
We actually agreed to scale them from KKK who have much better feats instead of half ass statement

Anyway is there anyone who still have complains about the ability removal ? i wish to get this over with if not

TBH I kinda find the "scale to KKK" questionable in and of itself. It comes from author statements doesn't it?

We don't change profiles based on author statements if those statements are not supported by the actual source material, and considering that Elenore melting an amusement park is so impressive by LDO stabdards and was apparently calc'd at 7-C, that's a very large jump to say people capable of cutting through mountain ranges and having the force of earthquakes in their attacks are weaker.

As for the immortality, I'm pretty sure that eating more souls, while it might delay that expiration date, cannot hold it off forvever. Rusalka outright says 300 years or so is the absolute limit when that lifespan is extended by her own witchcraft

Let's remember that the main things about bringing back Reinhard is they want A) the dead to be resurrected and B) they want immortality

Implying they don't already have it.

ALRF said:
>Bey's Braih work on nearly everyone

Do they get absorbed instantly?

ect~
Honjou and Shirou didn't get absorbed instantly when they were within, and in that route they were just normal people

ALRF said:
Conceptual is legit, just found the quote in japanese...though wouldn't that mean they should get Conceptual manipulation?
  • ÞüûÚü║þë®Òü½ÒéêÒéïµö╗µÆâÒü»þë®þÉåþÜäÒâ╗Ú£èþÜäÒü«õ©íÚØóÒüºÚÿ▓ÒüîÒü¬ÒüæÒéîÒü░µ¡óÒéüÒéëÒéîÒüÜÒÇüÒüØÒü«ÕéÀÒü»ÚÇÜÕ©©Òü«Þ▓áÕéÀÒüºÒü»Òü¬Òüŵ¡┤ÕÅ▓ÒéÆÚçìÒü¡ÒéïÒüôÒü¿ÒüºÞôäþ®ìÒüòÒéîÒüƒµâ│Õ┐ÁÒü¿ÒüäÒüåÕæ¬ÒüäÒüºÒüéÒéèÒÇüÞç┤Õæ¢þÜäÒü¬µ»ÆÒü¿Òü¬ÒéèÒüåÒéïÒÇé
The part that i highlighted seems to be talking about how they can hurt the concept or idea of someone just like the translation
See, I remember this bit from the english version. It's from when Rusalka and Wilhelm are chasing Executioner-Kasumi right? I'll look for the translated quote.

I never got the impression that it was conceptual damage. Sure, it's a poison caused by built up resentment and thoughts. But that doesn't say conceptual damage to me, that just says mental/spiritual.

Monarch Laciel said:
TBH I kinda find the "scale to KKK" questionable in and of itself. It comes from author statements doesn't it?
We don't change profiles based on author statements if those statements are not supported by the actual source material, and considering that Elenore melting an amusement park is so impressive by LDO stabdards and was apparently calc'd at 7-C, that's a very large jump to say people capable of cutting through mountain ranges and having the force of earthquakes in their attacks are weaker.
Nah it's actual feat, Keishirou is much stronger than Meebo who can cut tsunami as large as mountain, according to KKK Keishirou is much weaker than Bey

Dunno if the tsunami thing can be scaled to 7-A tier though

Does KKK actually straight up say Keishirou is stronger than Wilhelm, or is that an author statement? If it is in the game, does the statement come from a reliable source?

Going to need a bit more context on that tsunami cutting feat. I can wave my hand through the water at the beach quick enough to leave a brief void, and that in no way makes me having multi-continent level AP for cutting through an ocean.

Or in other words, cutting a straight line through a wave the size of a mountain is not as impressive as actually blowing up a mountain.

Found the translation of the conceptual quote (I think)

"An injury inflicted by an Ahnenerbe was no ordinary wound; the concepts accumulated within them over countless years turned both into a curse and lethal venom"

Sure it mentions concepts. But this doesn't seem like conceptual damage. It's not "attacking the idea" at all. It's just that these weapons have built up nasty histories and they act like a poison/curse. At the most I would say it acts more like Conceptual Weapons from Nasuverse (which, I'm beginning to realise, DI takes a lot of its stuff from), inflicting a certain concept on the target, which in this case appears to be the concept of "poisoned by spirit poison"

jap and english do vary at times because translators translate slightly different so the conversation flows better iirc just like with microseconds

Monarch Laciel said:
Does KKK actually straight up say Keishirou is stronger than Wilhelm, or is that an author statement? If it is in the game, does the statement come from a reliable source?
Going to need a bit more context on that tsunami cutting feat. I can wave my hand through the water at the beach quick enough to leave a brief void, and that in no way makes me having multi-continent level AP for cutting through an ocean.

Or in other words, cutting a straight line through a wave the size of a mountain is not as impressive as actually blowing up a mountain.
Pretty sure it said in the game itself, dunno who said but i think it was Shirou\Sakuna

Indeed cutting a mountain is 7-C feat iirc you need to destroy mountain itself to be 7-A but on Mibu page it said he cut tsunami apart, again i don't know if this is truly scale to 7-A rating

You will need to ask ALRF about KKK, he will bring you bunch of japanese lines you won't understand though lol

There also the fact they can trade attacks with tenmas who can bust mountains although the tenmas may just been messing around so dunno if you can scale that either

Again i know barely anything about KKK so i can't make assumptions

Here's the google translation (don't lynch me, it's not that bad this time) of the quote ALRF posted.

Attacks by sacred relics can not be stopped unless they are prevented physically and spiritually, and the wound is not a normal injury but a curse of the thought accumulated by overlapping history, which can be a fatal Poison.

Still not seeing anything about attacking ideas. "A curse of thought" sure, like Nasu Conceptual Weapons. But not outright attacking a person's concept.

Also, I'm curious as to what would happen if someone tried to use a holy relic to attack through an inanimate obect with massively higher physical durability, but no soul resistance (but also no soul to attack)

ahh monarch...google translate doesn't help that well TBF it's better to ask like ALRFY or trex for example who can read jap because...gaggle translate doesn't exactly help all too well. It does give an idea but sometimes it could mean something totally different in a sense if you get what i mean

TISSG7Redgrave said:
jap and english do vary at times because translators translate slightly different so the conversation flows better iirc just like with microseconds
Maybe we can make one of those translators translate the line for us so we can reach conclusion ?

It gets the point across this time at least.

And in neither the official translation, nor the google translation, nor any of the other online translators I've used, does it say anything about attacking ideas.

Monarch Laciel said:
Here's the google translation (don't lynch me, it's not that bad this time) of the quote ALRF posted.
Attacks by sacred relics can not be stopped unless they are prevented physically and spiritually, and the wound is not a normal injury but a curse of the thought accumulated by overlapping history, which can be a fatal Poison.

Still not seeing anything about attacking ideas. "A curse of thought" sure, like Nasu Conceptual Weapons. But not outright attacking a person's concept.

Also, I'm curious as to what would happen if someone tried to use a holy relic to attack through an inanimate obect with massively higher physical durability, but no soul resistance (but also no soul to attack)
Google translation doesn't cut it, like at all .......

I'll also point out that apparently Machina being able to erase concepts with his punches is super impressive. I don't see it being made as big of a deal of if all HR users can damage concepts with their attacks.

Ok, right

Clearly I am missing something important in that quote that is not being translated properly, but I don't know what because I can't read japanse.

Monarch Laciel said:
As for the immortality, I'm pretty sure that eating more souls, while it might delay that expiration date, cannot hold it off forvever. Rusalka outright says 300 years or so is the absolute limit when that lifespan is extended by her own witchcraftLet's remember that the main things about bringing back Reinhard is they want A) the dead to be resurrected and B) they want immortality
Implying they don't already have it.
The commanders and Reinhard are truly immortals and it's proven many times, dunno about Regular LDO though

Is that them just being immortal because Reinhard's Briah resurrects them constantly though? I remember Elenore saying something along those lines, I think it was when she was talking to Kei after Kei killed Wilhelm?

I think that's something Trex once commented on some Masada related thread, might be a versus one, where he noted that the reason Einherjar's are immortal and also "lack a concept of death" is more of his Briah's ressurection ability.

....COULD BE (PARTIALLY) WRONG THO. O.O

I do remember some Masada related thread on Spacebattles I think, where the whole "Einhjar lack a concept of death" was brought up and said to just be a fancy way of saying they get resurrected, so yeah, you are right. They don't "lack a concept of death" in the same way Nasu Types/Aristoteles do.

Also, EvilMegaCookie brought up on Animevice the whole "Briah will get weaker the more living beings there are within". I'll quote him:

"But it has a weakness that is pretty much the same for Hadou in general (Reinhard being the exception): It will get weaker the more living beings there are in the field of effect."

Or at least I'm assuming it's our EMC and not someone copying his name

http://animevice.boards.net/thread/4890/strongest-vampire-wilhelm-ehrenburg-defeat

So that should probably be added to their weaknesses.

ZERO7772 said:
As long Reinhard is alive they will always be resurrected ~
So not actual immortality then. Just resurrection

LDO immortality removal when?

Or just make it type 8 reliant on Gladshiemr when they are within

Monarch Laciel said:
Also, EvilMegaCookie brought up on Animevice the whole "Briah will get weaker the more living beings there are within". I'll quote him:
"But it has a weakness that is pretty much the same for Hadou in general (Reinhard being the exception): It will get weaker the more living beings there are in the field of effect."

Or at least I'm assuming it's our EMC and not someone copying his name

http://animevice.boards.net/thread/4890/strongest-vampire-wilhelm-ehrenburg-defeat

So that should probably be added to their weaknesses.
This is weakness for hadou type of Briah yes, the more souls are within your range the weaker your Briah become

@Monarch: Nah that's actual him since he, Trex, and Fabtastic (another user we have that's familiar with the verse) are also usually present there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back