• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

LazyTown downgrades and stuff

Blahblah9755 said:
Here's the calc:

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Blahblah9755/Lazytown_Kicking_a_ball_to_a_blimp

I realized this would also apply to Sport's reactions

Do we need to downgrade Sportacus' Attack speed as well, since we're considering the Apple feat an outlier?
No. The feat calculation is correct but AP yield is inapplicable since the ball falls under gravity and S kicks it from above the clouds to "score the goal". Average end may scale to combat speed though.

Sportacus and Robbie Rotten have relativistic reaction speed for steering a rocket/shuttle to the moon.

In the same episode (S4E1) Sportacus also towed an STS-1 like shuttle back from Moon to Earth. (The shuttle cannot go back because the crew claimed Robbie was on board but the crew did not have the best fuel planning and I really doubt they could go back by themselves. They admitted they could not and called Sportacus to save the day anyway.)

Just a quick calc:

A space shuttle should weigh at least 88,662 kg

Moo escape velocity is 2380 m/s

KE in lifting shuttle to escape velocity = 0.5 * 2380^2 * 88662 = 251,108,516,400 J = 60.0163758 ton TNT (City Block)

8-B Sportacus with Sports Candy.

That's incorrect, he doesn't kick it from above the clouds, he kicks it from the ground to cloud height. The ball has to have a certain speed to reach a certain height while resisting the pull of gravity. I calculated the speed that is needed to reach the given heights.

Blahblah9755 said:
That's incorrect, he doesn't kick it from above the clouds, he kicks it from the ground to cloud height. The ball has to have a certain speed to reach a certain height while resisting the pull of gravity. I calculated the speed that is needed to reach the given heights.
Sorry I likely got the wrong time stamp. Sportacus kicked it from the airship to the ground at the beginning and some children (which Stephanie scales above) kicked it from the ground to the airship.

So that's likely an outlier. I mean if we accept this, then why we are not accepting 7-B prep time Robbie Rotten and Sportacus?

Because that calc gets tier 9 results which are consistent with what's portrayed throughout the series? (You are referring to the kicking calc, right?)

Has the 8-B calculation been placed in a blog yet?

Well, it seems to have been accepted, so it should be possible to use.

Antvasima said:
Well, it seems to have been accepted, so it should be possible to use.
Thanks.

Psychomaster35 said:
Also, Ugarik has commented on the pyramid figures. @Psychomaster35 Please follow the instructions and revise accordingly, thanks.

One thing though: Since Sports Candy is required for the pyramid lifting feat and shuttle towing feat, do we still need one lifting feat for his normal state?

Jasonsith said:
One thing though: Since Sports Candy is required for the pyramid lifting feat and shuttle towing feat, do we still need one lifting feat for his normal state?
Most likely, yes. Or we could place it as unknown.

DMUA approved the low end of the ball calc, so Stephanie can be downgraded to subsonic+ reactions and street level+ AP/durability.

Okay. That seems fine then.

Blahblah9755 said:
DMUA approved the low end of the ball calc, so Stephanie can be downgraded to subsonic+ reactions and street level+ AP/durability.
Attack Potency: At least Street level (should be this strong for the early seasons of the series. weaker than angry Stingy.) to Wall level (Later in the series, she should be stronger or superior to an angry Stingy)

Should we simply rewrite this to

Attack Potency: At least Street level (Should be this strong for the early seasons of the series), possibly Street level+ (Should be no weaker than Stingy, who kicked a soccer ball from ground level to Sportacus's airship); higher with preparation and with Sports Candy

Speed: Likely Peak Human travel speed with Subsonic+ combat speed and reactions (Should be no slower than Stingy, who kicked a soccer ball from ground level to Sportacus's airship)

Striking strength: At least Street Class, possibly Street Class+; higher with preparation and with Sports Candy

Durability: At least Street level (Launched herself in the air to hit a bell and landed safely), possibly Street level+ (Should be no weaker than Stingy); higher with preparation and with Sports Candy

Why are we using "for the early seasons of the series" to justify AP? Lazytown isn't some continuity-driven anime

How come Sportacus is labeled as having Sub-Relativistic attack speed when the value given (0.106 c) is a Relativistic value?

@Jason I'm not really sure why we need the possibly, and unless we have some indication that Steph and the kids have gotten stronger in season 4, I don't think we need to split her between early and late seasons

@Soupy it looks like it was just a mistake that was made in the calc's blog (calling it sub rel) and never got corrected.

Blahblah probably makes sense.

So, do we have indication that Stephanie got stronger between seasons?

The apple batting feat is what's in the episode where Robbie was shot to the moon iirc, and is calced at 0.106 c. Why would one feat scale to aanother vaguely related feat?

The rocket feat isn't where his current rating comes from. I also checked the episode, and he doesn't react to anything until he's already on the moon where he could have slowed down, so I don't think that scales to his reactions anyways. Though it should be listed as flight speed with the sky chase scooter.

The agreed upon changes should be applied, yes.

Almost done.

(The "The apple he hit flew to the moon at this speed, approximately 0.106 times the speed of light" part needs a calc link. Otherwise almost done)

@Jason

You've made a pretty big mess of Sportacus' speed section, to the point where almost every clause in it is inaccurate:

"At least Subsonic travel speed and reactions (Was scientifically measured to be able to run 22.7 times faster than Robbie Rotten, assuming Robbie is as fast as the average human (15 mph without tire), despite being very unfit, Sportacus should be able to run 340.6 mph)"

This would make the lower end of his reactions slower than Stephanie. (Also, 15 mph is an average sprint speed, not an average for running without tire, but that's not something you put in)

"possibly Supersonic travel speed (Outraced a cannonball)"

The linked calc to this that calculates his speed as subsonic, which is what we had this listed as before.

"and Sub-Relativistic combat and reaction speed (Can constantly react to his own zeppelin's practice sequence, which can shoot things at extremely high speed."

We have nothing indicating that his practice sequence shoots objects at these speeds.

"Can steer his Sky Chaser Scooter alone when travelling in the outer space.)."

You didn't link the calc, and that calc hasn't been approved. But more importantly, the calc isn't usable for reactions in the first place, his flight in space involved no reactions until he was reaching the moon, at which point we don't know if he was still maintaining his top speed.

" Sub-Relativistic travel speed with Sky Chaser Scooter."

This isn't inaccurate, but we need that calc approved before we can use it.

Blahblah9755 said:
1. The subsonic part is previously agreed, not my words. Unless you all want to delete that since we need to have a screenshot for that to allow that in the first place.
We can discard that altogether, or just slap in "should be faster than Stingy and Stephanie" but this only verifies football attack speed and reactions.

2. The cannonball outrunning feat comes from S4E10. Is supersonic by scaling to the cannon Robbie fired here, not here. I'll fix it - anyone may fix that later.

3. "and Sub-Relativistic combat and reaction speed (Can constantly react to his own zeppelin's practice sequence, which can shoot things at extremely high speed."

We have nothing indicating that his practice sequence shoots objects at these speeds.

True, but again do we override this statement with what statement? This stays in the past before the overhaul and I am not deleting that just because nobody calls for deleting so.

4. "Sub-Relativistic travel speed with Sky Chaser Scooter." < we need that calc approved before we can use it.

Sure we need to find a calc group member to approve that.

I am out for work. ttyl

1. He should be subsonic in terms of movement and subsonic+ in terms of reactions

2. I think you have the episode wrong, that one doesn't involve a canon. You used the high end of canon speed explicitly so you could get a higher tier as well. Also that's the same feat as the old calc, you've just raised the tier by using the level of a typical canon instead of the calculated value. Based on appearance, this very obviously isn't a normal canon/canon ball, so the calculated speed should be used rather than an assumed speed.

3. This justification has always been used for his subsonic speed, but you're using it to justify sub relativistic.

Blahblah9755 said:
1. He should be subsonic in terms of movement and subsonic+ in terms of reactions

2. I think you have the episode wrong, that one doesn't involve a canon. You used the high end of canon speed explicitly so you could get a higher tier as well. Also that's the same feat as the old calc, you've just raised the tier by using the level of a typical canon instead of the calculated value. Based on appearance, this very obviously isn't a normal canon/canon ball, so the calculated speed should be used rather than an assumed speed.

3. This justification has always been used for his subsonic speed, but you're using it to justify sub relativistic.
1/2. With subsonic reactions on that Stingy soccer ball kicking feat sure. But for the cannonball outrunning feat... this blog has no mod approval and this has. Once the LordX's calc blog gets approved by a calc staff member LordX's values will be what we can reliably use.

Also, since the cannonball Sports outran and stopped is one that has been somewhat slowed down by Robbie Rotten, do we now have different attack speed of Robbie and combat reaction speed of Sports?

And this means we may have Wall to wall+ prep time Robbie and casual Sports instead of Small Building Sports and Robbie. Sports is still city block+ with Candy.

3. Got it. So basically the statement can stay but is referring to whatever feat and standing Sports is at.

4. Waiting for staff to approve

I assumed it had been approved since it was on the profile for so long, my bad. I looked through it myself, and Xcano's calc doesn't comply with cinematic timing rules, so your assumed speeds are actually better. My apologies.

I think at least wall level, likely small building level would be fine.

Here's a calc of how fast the cannonball would be with Robbie on it:

I'm gonna use conservation of momentum for this, so m*v=m2*v2

Mass of the cannonball: 178.56 kg or 223.2 kg

Velocity of cannonball: 381-518 m/s averaging to 449.5 m/s

Robbie's height is 6 foot 2 inches, and going by this chart someone with normal BMI of that height should be between 148 and 193 lbs, averaging at 170.5 lbs. Robbie is very thin but is also considered to be unfit, so he has very little of both muscle and fat, meaning he should be on the lower end of normal, so I'll use 148 and 170.5 lbs (67.132 and 77.337 kg) as two ends for this.

So now for the math

M2 is m+ Robbie's mass

m*v/m2=v2

v2=178.56kg*449.5 m/s /(178.56kg+77.337kg)= 313.65 m/s

v2=178.56kg*449.5 m/s /(178.56kg+67.132kg)= 326.68 m/s

v2=223.2kg*449.5 m/s /(223.2kg+77.337kg)= 333.83 m/s

v2= 223.2kg*449.5 m/s /(223.2kg+67.132kg)= 345.56 m/s

From this image we can see that the canon is angled upwards slightly, since Sportacus and Stephanie ran along the ground he'd only have to match the x component of Robbie's speed, so I'll find that as well.

Using a protractor I found it to be about 22.5 degrees.

Using law of sines, we can therefore find that the x component of the velocity is going to be the overall velocity*sin(67.5 degrees)

313.65 m/s*sin(67.5 degrees)=289.78 m/s

326.68 m/s*sin(67.5 degrees)=301.81 m/s

333.83 m/s*sin(67.5 degrees)=308.42 m/s

345.56 m/s*sin(67.5 degrees)=319.26 m/s

I can put this in a blog later. I'm on my phone right now.

If you want to use any new calculations, you need to place them in blog posts first.

Thank you. You should state the official speed level at the bottom though.

Back