• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I don't think it can (unless robots count as equipment). It never copied Magus' scythe when it was imitating Magus

Aside from Sha Nagba Imuru, all of Gil's abilities are tied to his treasury, which in turn is tied to a sword, so that settles that.

That said, I don't think Gil has anything to put Lavos down due to his Acausality.

Oh my god, please enough of the Gilgamesh threads, I'm sorry but this is exactly what CP says when too many people use too little characters and why we should enforce using different ones. We already have two ongoing Gilgamesh threads and two just got finished days ago.

Besides, it's impossible for Gil to win with his acausulity anyway.

@Gargoyle

It's true. We have dozens of other Servant profiles but the only ones that really see use are Gil, Saber, and Archer.

@Gargoyle: It's because people here don't like to be veritable and open-minded in this place compared to places like Animevice or Spacebattles.

I'd love to see more Lancer of Black and Siegfried threads, but I can never seem to find good opponents

As for this thread, how does Lavos's acausality stop Gil from taking him down? Wouldn't Ea's whole "return the target to their origin, killing things that lack a concept of death" be able to stop that?

@Monarch

Considering the fact that King Hassan needed to remove it in order to kill Tiamat, I sort of assumed that Ea wouldn't cover that.

That said, Gil explicitly went Caster and sealed much of the GoB because he couldn't handle everything on his own (as little sense as that makes).

Tiamat vs Lavos already exists. I'm not gonna remake that thread. Besides, I don't even make a lot of Fate matches.

@Reppu Gil going Caster makes a lot of sense actually, since he can summon up to seven Servants and mantain them at full power when he does that. Considering he was facing an all-out war against the Goddes Alliance and couldn't possibly fight off their combined armies + the goddesses themselves alone without losing the war, deciding to sit back and summon some help actually makes much more sense.

@Monarch No, Gil does not have Azrael, and it's not a Divine Construct either. The reason people use Gil more is simply because he's one of the more well known characters in Fate, having appeared in literally every single installement of the series except Apocrypha, Extra (though he does appear on both of Extra's sequels) and Labyrinth (this one is so obscure most people don't know/remember it exists), and he has a lot of hax, which are pretty much the two main reasons that lead to a character being used here.

Anyway, Gil doesn't really have a way of killing Lavos, so he kinda loses by default.

@NotEvenHuman

I mean, considering the fact the has Ea in his position along with Enkidu, you'd think he'd use them against those gods.

But like you said, Gil has no way of putting Lavos down.

Gilgamesh's main goal in Babylon was to protect Uruk. Using Ea would be one hell of a pyrrhic victory, since even the after-effects from it would destroy the city, and probably wouldn't even defeat the entire enemy army.

Also, if they teamed up against him, the Goddess Alliance would stomp Gil pretty hard. He would have to take on Gorgon (strong enough to hurt Tiamat), Kingu (has all of Enkidu's powers and then some), Quetz (stronger than Gorgon and arguably Kingu at her full power) and possibly Ereshkigal. There's no way he could walk out alive from that. Even if he somehow won that fight, by the time it was over, Uruk would have been completely destroyed.. Thus it would be a loss for him regardless.

@Monarch Laciel

Gil doesn't have feat based noble phantasms such as god hand either or conceptual ones such as Achilles speed noble phantasm. Gilgamesh would not have Azrael but he might have the broadsword, since Azrael is not the sword itself but rather the combination of King Hassans faith and beliefs which he uses through his sword.

Okay I don't want to derail this thread but I looked at Lancer.

Try Tatsumi, they're equal in stats and both are godlike spear users.

Or any AGK character for that matter, Labcer has a win against Esdeath before she was buffed, try a rematch.

Back