• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Large Size (Names and so forth)

As long as something qualifies as a planet by astronomical standards, it should be fine.

Regarding 5-D characters, it is a somewhat ambivalent issue, since we use geometrical size as a basis for that part of our system, not physics. Basically, not matter how many 4-D universes you stack on top of each other along a 5-D axis, they would still not have a 5-D volume, unless there would be an uncountable infinity of them.

Perhaps, it is necessary to lower minimum planetary size to the size of Mercury. But we have not yet discussed characters that are comparable in size to the Moon. Do you want to assign them to Global or add another type?

That's okay but i don't understand why do we need size as a stat/ability in the first place? Size doesn't give "character A" advantage over "character B" who is smaller but has the same speed, mass and durability

@Ugarik While its not exactly the same, I think of it like trying to smack a fly. The fly is not faster than us, but their small size allows them to weave out of the way easily. The difference here is that the fly has a fly-sized gun that is equal to you in AP. Also, keep in mind that a larger target is typically easier to hit due to sheer volume, or at least that's how its treated.

Also, this is primarily an indexing site, despite the name. Having a way of listing their size seems like something we should have.

Moon size is Global size, yes. Let's say the size of the Earth is minimal for Planetary size and call it a day, as you must exceed the Earth's surface area to be considered larger. Everything else should be left alone.

I also agree with Ant regarding 5-dimensional geometric size.

Sera Loveheart said:
Moon size is Global size, yes. Let's say the size of the Earth is minimal for Planetary size and call it a day, as you must exceed the Earth's surface area to be considered larger. Everything else should be left alone.

I also agree with Ant regarding 5-dimensional geometric size.
i agree

If larger size can be a disadvantage then it shouldn't be a "power/ability" let alone classifying different types. I mean for sure, I guess it is intimidating to a smaller opponent and I suppose could destroy more shit by default if it's a big deal.

Maybe we'll start giving each large character a link for the Large Size page and the same category?

There are already hundreds of them.

Giants should be a subcategory of Large Sized Characters.

i couldve done it already instead of putting "large size" on every giant's page but yeah its locked

noticed a typo on the large size page

" This not not be confused with Size Manipulation, as while manipulating one's size does grant one a larger or smaller size, someone with large size cannot, by default, actually control their size. "

2 nots when there should be one

Back