• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Large Size (Names and so forth)

ProspectX said:
Also, technically size does not really equal to higher dimensions, just as you can't measure speed for 4-D speed, this holds the same significance in higher dimensions.

You can. Speed is equal to s/t. s = Distance between the spatial points.

Any n-dimensional space can be used to discorver "s". For exemple a 4 Dimensional Space:

Someone go from (0,0,0,0) to (2,2,2,2)..

Distance = square root of [(2-0)┬▓ + (2-0)┬▓ + (2-0)┬▓ + (2-0)┬▓]

Distance = 4

s = 4

Anything with dimensions can be measured

Of course it is measurable, anything within the realm of physics is describable through mathematics. But, people stil have immeasurable speed for 4-dimensional beings.

however, i'm not referring to the mathematical interpretation of it.

Guys...it's just a basic scale for fictional characters. No need to overthink it. This size scale translates to higher dimensions.

Actually, we stopped automatically counting spatially higher-dimensional beings as having immeasurable speed for the same reasons that Executor N0 mentioned.

I'm not certain that Deus with the Karma Fortress is necessarily the best example to use for a Planetary super-sized character, given how much larger it is than the Earth and how its not as much of an iconic aspect of his character... might I suggest Wyze instead? They make quite a big deal about his transformation to a being of that size early in the game, to ease the player into the tone, so for iconic examples I think it works better.

Would Weapons be viable candidates for examples on the page? The Death Stars I and II, from the classic Star Wars trilogy, are both rather iconic examples of a Type 4/"Global" physical body.

I suppose so, but it depends on what the rest of the staff thinks.

This article should be reworked.

• Current Skyscrapper sized should be renamed into Large Building sized.
  • Skycrapper sized: Characters is comparable to the highest skyscrapers in the world and starts from 500 meters, ending with a kilometer.
  • Small Island sized: Characters whose size exceeds height of Everest (8848 meters), but still not enough to be viewable from the surface of the planet when viewed from space.
  • Planetoid sized: Characters comparable in size to planetoids, according to characteristics beginning from Charon.
  • Planetary: Characters comparable in size to planets, according to characteristics beginning from Mars.
  • Large-Planetary: Characters comparable in size to large planet, according to characteristics beginning from Neptun.
  • Sub-Stellar sized: Characters whose size exceeds size of Jupiter, but still does not reach the size of the Sun.
  • Stellar: Characters comparable in size to stars, according to characteristics beginning from Sun.
  • Solar System sized: Characters comparable in size to the largest stars, according to characteristics beginning from Betelgeuse, or with the entire solar system and even more, but still does not cover several stellar systems.
  • Multi-Solar System sized: Characters whose size exceeds the distance between Sun and Proxima Centauri, that is, at least 4.2 light years, but still does not reach the size of a full-fledged galaxy.
  • Galactic: Characters comparable in size to galaxies, according to characteristics beginning from NGC 3310 (22K LY).
  • Local Group sized: Characters whose size is comparable to the size of the Local Group of Galaxies, including the Milky Way, the Andromeda galaxy and the Triangle galaxy, that is at least 10 million light-years away.
  • Supercluster sized: Characters whose size is comparable to the size of the Cluster and / or Supercluster of galaxies, that is, at least 100 million light-years.
  • Sub-Universal: Characters whose size is comparable to the size of the largest structures of the Universe: Pisces―Cetus Supercluster Complex (1 billion LY), Sloane Great Wall (1.37 billion LY), Huge-LGQ (4 billion LY), Hercules―Corona Borealis Great Wall (10 billion LY).
Also, I will later make a similar article about Small Size, like the one on Characters Power Wiki.

^ I feel like this divides them up too much and doesn't have the higher ones, and I also feel like the one we have now is fine. I also don't think we need a page for "small size". That's usually not a benefit and few characters would even have it.

I also do not think that a page for small size seems necessary.

.TheHadouCyberspaceWitch said:
^ I feel like this divides them up too much and doesn't have the higher ones, and I also feel like the one we have now is fine. I also don't think we need a page for "small size". That's usually not a benefit and few characters would even have it.
I don't think so. For example, Gourmet Gods is much, much larger than average stars, but much smaller than average galaxies. Giant Amoeba is much, much larger than average galaxies, but much smaller than Universal size.

I would not say that there are few small characters (Starting from high-end dwarf size, that is 147 cm, ending completely sizeless 0-Dimensional beings).

Well, in any case, only experienced staff members and former staff members should create new powers and abilities pages.

Well, okay. But I'm sure that it is necessary to add more types to this page, some of which I described above.

I think that it is mostly fine as it is, except for the lack of proper examples for multiversal size.

Difference between stellar, galactic and universal types is too big. Above I have already cited examples of characters that would have much better fit in "intermediate" types.

It's calles "Large Size". For sizes larger than ordinary humans. 0-D already has Zero-Dimensionality. I have more examples for multiverse size, they just don't have pages (yet. I am in the process and adding new verses with explanations).

Would perhaps Galactus and/or Bhunivelze work as good examples of Planetary-sized beings? Marvel Comics and Final Fantasy are both series that a very large contingent of people are familiar with, so they'd work as good examples as well, I think.

Well, most of the times I've seen him depicted, it was with the planet Earth between his hands. Apparently he also gets to be the size of a galaxy, though, according to his profile, so maybe that would fit better...?

Galactus varies greatly in size depending on the story.

I think the current list is fine as it is, except I'd like a category for characters the size of multiple galaxies added in between galaxy and universe size.

You know, I'm pretty sure Magi God tiers are Multiverse size. Just saying.

It is not confirmed though, or at least not as far as I know.

Ugo points to a tiny Il-Ilah creating a "lower order" universe.

Yes, I remembered that, but we haven't seen them truly encompass a full multiversal spectrum of parallel universes in terms of size.

If you're that much larger than a universe, especially on that scale, it's multiversal in size.

Also, have we considered the New Gods for multiversal size?

I am not sure, although both the Magi gods and the true form New Gods are definitely far larger than regular universes.

IMO, especially considering how rare it is, Multiversal size can be characters who are "considerably larger than regular universes", which would make the Magi Gods and New Gods the best qualifiers.

Back