• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Lain Tendou Upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhantomØ4

He/Him
AP & Durability Upgrade

Alright, to begin with this I just wanna note that the current reasoning for the page erroneous. While lain is one of the most powerful Sages that's not referring to her strength, but to her overall fighting ability which is basically carried by her defensive skills (immortality, Regenerationn, cloning, ect...)

However she does scale above sage candidates who have feats, well, considerably above building level.

Vaporization of the top of a Mountai
"Can only use basic tier magic, after all. All I trained while leveling was this so now it's strong enough to take down demon lords. Oh yeah, guess who blew off the top of Mount Karuone?"

"No! Was that you, Higashida-dono!? Now that's what I call a hero summon. 'As expected of hero-sama,' as they say!"

— Instant Death volume 1, Chapter 6.

Vaporization of a "Road" trough the plai
"His right hand started sparkling and in the next moment something had passed right by Yogiri. That was all.

Usually one would expect a flying globe of fire from a 'fireball,' but Yogiri didn't see anything like that. There should have been the sound of impact from hitting the bus behind them, but he heard nothing at all."

"A perfectly straight line of the grass-covered plain had been hollowed out, continuing all the way to the forest like a concave road. But it didn't stop there; where the road of nothingness entered the forest a gaping hole had opened.

Whatever Higashida brought forth, it soundlessly erased everything in its path of trajectory."

Confirmation that the fire ball Vaporizes and size of a casual blast.

"The Fireball must've been a sphere of 10 meters in diameter. Everything it passed through burned down to less than ash, evaporated eve, and what was even more impressive was that everything outside its diameter was hardly affected, a clean cut. He tried touching the bus' frame--only a faint heat remained."

— Instant Death Volume 1, Chapter 6

Riona puches Ayaka across the city
"The royal capital was also an enormous town, but still, if it was 'diameter', it was probably about ten kilometers. It was a scale that simply couldn't cover all of hell."

"There was a long stretch of cityscape absolutely blown away and a mountain of debris and earth piled up behind her. Looking at it directly, every building in a straight line from the royal castle to where she stood now had been destroyed."

— Instant Death Volume 4, Chapter 3.

The castle is found on the center of the city, so Riona destroyed quite a lot of Buildings with a single punch.

Speed
Sages should be scalable to Sword Saints, and as such it means that Lain's speed should scale to Sword Saint Rick. As further proof Lain also fought a Hero who is endowed with power of a Sword Saint, making Heroes at least somewhat relative to Sword Saints.

Rick fends off light magic
"The man found his resolution and passed through the wall of light. ÔÇ¿While fending of the rays, he approached the goddess. ÔÇ¿Even if he was the Sword Saint, it was impossible to strike down an attack that could be emitted at the speed of light.ÔÇ¿However, if he knew the source and direction, he could deal with it."

Here it is plainly stated that light magic moves at the speed of light and that it is impossible for a Sword Saint to block attacks moving at lightspeed, but, this should still give them a Relativistic or Relativistic+ rating.

Abilities

It is only natural for a sage to manipulate the laws that govern space'
" That, which was as if the space was cut disorderly and connected over again halfheartedly, certainly seemed to be something that should be called 'chaos' or something.

There were no signs of life in that place.
Naturally, it was because there wasn't supposed to be a living thing or something that tried to approach such a strange place.

But, in front of such a strange place, a woman in a white dress was standing.
"

"The laws that controlled the space were different for each mosaic. Each was in a state as if they were in a different universe or something; each one that should be called a 'fragment of the world' was changing, being rewritten, combining, and splitting just like that."

"However, Shion casually stepped into this strange space. Forcibly rewriting the overbearing surrounding laws of space. Converting it into a world that was convenient for her, to a world where Shion could exist. If it was a sage, it was a natural ability that could be done."

Resistance to Death Manipulation for those with the System
"In addition to that, when using it against a foe stronger than oneself it would simply be resisted, which meant that the only time instant death magic was applicable was when fighting opponents far weaker than oneself and killable far more efficiently."

Barrier Creation, and Power Nullification
"Hayabusa's barrier was raised by Lain, and the duty of controlling it was given to Ryouta. The key was indispensable in that regard, it allowed one to release the barrier, strengthen it, and even restricting the sages' blessings was possible. It certainly wasn't something one handed over just like that."

— Instant Death Volume 1, Chapter 32

Undead Warrior Effect
"That one~. That was Masayuki placing the 'Corpse Warrior' ability on the barrier. Therefore, dead people shouldn't be turning into zombies after this...

— Instant Death Volume 1, Chapter 35

Queen of Unlife
"Lain-sama's class is Origin Blood. The highest rank among undeads, also called Queen of Unlife and Immortal Empress"

The Undead are "immune" towards instant death spells because they're already dead, Lain should be no exception.

Sages have control over the life and death of those with the system installed
"The life-and-death power I have over the people who have the system installed is completely in control."

— Instant Death Volume 3, Chapter 9.

Sages have self sustenance (Type 2)
"She was worn out. If it was a sage, they could live even without eating and drinking, but it seemed to be something emotional."

Sages can track down people with the system
"When she went outside, Shion searched for the responses of the sage candidates. The parent who installed the gifts had authority management towards the child. Around searching for their locations was a simple thing."

"Shion painted the positions of the twenty-eight people in her mind."

Sage's can make it impossible for one to go against them, render skills unusable, & null resistances
"Yes. When receiving the Sages' blessing a kind of restraint is placed upon you, making it impossible to go against them. That restraint is also what makes it possible for them to render skills unusable, or even lower one's resistance to instant death magic to zero. That said, I believe it's highly doubtful that either of these two might rank above Lisa and Chelsea in terms of hierarchy."

Note that in this case they are referring to instant death magic in specific due to the topic being the legitimacy of Yogiri's ability and possible alternatives to it.

Anyone with the system can absorb souls, higher exp = bigger and heavier soul
"There was also a strange feeling of a great amount of energy flowing into her, increasing the weight of her soul -- with Yuuki having died, his soul dispersed and was absorbed by the two girls next to him. Most of it dissolved into the atmosphere, but even just a fragment of his soul was gigantic and certainly a blessing of unfathomable magnitude."

Instant Death, Vol.1 Chapter 33.

Sages can bestow immunity towards gifts and likely have immunity themselves
"Since the source of the candidates' gifts were the sages it would only make sense for them to also have a way to suppress the gifts bestowed by them. There was most likely quite a number of Japanese with the sages' gifts, which would indeed raise a need for the protectors of public order to have immunity against them.

――Meaning, opposing the sages with powers given by them would be difficult, huh."

Instant Death, Vol.1 Chapter 14.

The system increases readiness to fight and decreases one's fear of death, and aversion to manslaughter is numbed.
"Frankly, I wouldn't recommend getting that thing. It's designed for battle, just by having it installed one's readiness to fight increases, one's fear of death decreases and one's aversion to manslaughter is numbed. You're basically turned into a battle junkie."

— Instant Death, Vol.1 Chapter 15.

TL;DR
Attack Potency and Durability: At least MCB+, likely higher. (As a Sage, Lain is above Sage Candidates such as Higashida, who could blow off the top of a mountain and vaporize a "road" across a plain into a forest with a casual fireball 10 meters in diameter, and Riona who punched Ayaka across a city destroying all the buildings in the way in the process.)

Speed: Relativistic+ (As a Sage, Lain should be comparable to Sword Saints such as Rick who could fend off attacks being emitted at the speed of light with only knowing where they were coming from.) with Supersonic movement speed (Stated to fly at Supersonic speeds)

Abilities added: Law Manipulation, Spatial Manipulation (Sages can naturally alter the laws that govern space), Soul Absorption (Everyone with the system passively absorbs the souls in the surroundings to gain EXP and increase the size of their own soul), Power Bestowal (Sages can bestow gifts unto others and also grant immunity towards gifts), Death Manipulation, Life Manipulation (Sages have control over the life and death of those with the system), Summoning (Can summon others from different worlds), Fear Manipulation (The system decreases fear towards death), Morality Manipulation (The system numbs aversion to manslaughter), Revival (Can apply revival effects to her barriers), Transformation (Can transform her body to grow wings), Forcefield Creation (Can erect barriers with multiple effects such as only letting certain people/things trough, revival and Power Nullification), Immortality (Type 7; She belongs to the undead class), Self-Sustenance (Type 2), Resistance Negation (Can lower the resistance one has to an ability to zero), Statistics Amplification (Can boost other's power trough turning them into vampires), Status Effect Inducement (Can induce charm with a glance), Power Nullification ( Can restrict abilities, render them unusable, and become immune to them.), Extrasensory Perception (Sages locate and mentally picture the location of those with the system), Resistance towards Law Manipulation, Spatial Manipulation (Sages overwrite the laws of space in order to make them fit for their existence) and Death Manipulation (Those with the system can resist instant death magic as long as they're stronger than the user).

Adding explanations/details to abilities: Healing (Can perfectly heal entire organs), [Edit this one] Limited Telepathy (Can communicate telepathically with her servants), Soul Manipulation (Can take control of other's soul with a a glance), Mind Manipulation (Can command others trough controlling their souls as well as those who she bites or are revived under her barrier), Paralysis Inducement (Trough her charm skill), Fire Manipulation, Creation (Can modify aspects of her clones to become different to her even too the poor of becoming totally different existences).

Holy sh*t!

I agree with everything, only, it would probably be best to calc the ap stuffs; everything else is superb though.

Only, her abilities which involve the system should only be allowed to work against someone who's abilities can be said to come from a similar system.

I knew Lain's profile was missing something, but I didnt know it was that much, kek

Anyways, everything seems fine, but I remember the author/narrator stating that Lain could fly at the speed of sound. So it should be Transonic flight speed

EDIT: Oh nevrmind, I thought Supersonic was inferior to Transonic. It should be okay then

Lain's air mobility speed slightly exceeded the speed of sound. An ordinary person wouldn't be able to see the assault."

- Volume 1, Chapter 37

They had heard it was brittle if it was compared to the exterior of the robot, but it appeared that it was enough that it was able to repel a human body flying at supersonic speed.

- Volume 1, Chapter 37

Second one is when Tomochinka blocks one of Lain's dead bodies. I think you may have remembered incorrectly.

Also, I'm unsure if her Kamikaze attack, which isn't really Kamikaze since she can survive it, be added into AP as higher, I recall it she has city level Statements although it might be Town Level if it's accounting for her 100+ clones.

It was fine if she did a kamikaze attack and struck randomly with her physical strength, which wasn't exceptional for a vampire. Even without establishing her aim, she was sure to damage the entire town with only the aftermath.

— Volume 1, Chapter 37.

It says town but earlier on it is described as being like a modern Japanese City, even having skyscrapers.

Basically we ask for a Staff member to see this thread and they'll discuss with us if the changes can be applied or not

But...I dont think there is any staff member out there who is familiar with the verse tbh

If I'm not wrong, in chapter 19 of Volume 1, the sage Santarou was facing that robot, which literally destroyed mountains.

Well, it seems that this will be an eternal CRT. We already know that her Sage abilities scales to Aoi and vice-versa, and the calcs were accepted. And since there is no Staff member familiar with the verse, I'll apply the changes. In any case, I can just undo the edits with a click if some Staff disagrees.

And, "Resistance Negation (Can lower the resistance one has to an ability to zero)", it should also be counted as Statistics Reduction

The calculations were never properly accepted by the calc group, so I had to revert the edits. My apologies.

From what I remember, he was never clear enough about it.

Okay. Is there anything left to discuss here, or should we close this thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back