• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ladybug VS Ruby Rose Bug VS Flower

Kazuma kuwabara said:
Mickey1940 said:
Ruby via pretty much everything
And everything means...?
Not counting your vote
Everything meaning stats and abilities

Ruby likely has more AP since she's multiple times stronger than a Nevermore, which is as powerful as the entirety of Team RWBY before the timeskip, who all scale to Ruby, who is 1.21 tons. So basically she's bastly above 4.84 tons. Ladybug has no calc for her AP, so it's assumed baseline

Ruby also has more manuverability due to speed amp and flight

Ruby is also more durable due to her Aura

She also has more EXP due to her age

She also has more variety in her abilities due to elemental manipulation, plus range in the form of sniper bullets

So basically Ruby is superior to Ladybug in all categories. I daresay this is a stomp

Experience is a moot point when Ladybug has faced more diversity of enemies,all with unique abilities

Ladybug can use his yo-yo to move like Spiderman can do with his webs,so Ruby has manuverability but Ladybug is not outclassed in that aspect

Elemental manipulation that can be blocked using his yo-yo,Weekly said that the yo-yo could be frozen or electrocuted,but the yo-yo has never been affected for that type of attacks and Ladybug said in one episode that the strings are unbreakable

I can count your vote now because you gave me an explanation

Kazuma kuwabara said:
Experience is a moot point when Ladybug has faced more diversity of enemies,all with unique abilities
Ladybug can use his yo-yo to move like Spiderman can do with his webs,so Ruby has manuverability but Ladybug is not outclassed in that aspect

Elemental manipulation that can be blocked using his yo-yo,Weekly said that the yo-yo could be frozen or electrocuted,but the yo-yo has never been affected for that type of attacks and Ladybug said in one episode that the strings are unbreakable

I can count your vote now because you gave me an explanation
Expierience is not a moot point if you consider the fact that Ruby has been using her scythe far longer than Ladybug has been using her Yo-yo. Plus she's likely fought every first-year in Beacon due to training classes, all of which have different semblances, weapons, and fighting styles, so it's not moot at all

wow, Ladybug can swing around like Spider-man. That's definetely going ti give her an edge against someone who can freaking fly. Sure

Other than swinging her Yo-yo and creating borderline useless objects, what can Ladybug do? Despite Ruby not having much variety herself, she at least has more useful options than Ladybug has

Pseudo fly,I never said it would gave her and edge

"Borderline useless objects" that always are usefull to defeat her opponents because she finds how to use it properly

Okey,fighting Jaune or Nora is more impressive than fighting true haxxed opponents with abilities like stopping your time,create everything I draw,obtain the power of egyptian gods or in the new season,create a volcan so powerfull that it was going to move the earth out of its gravitational pull with the sun

Comparing that to the different semblances is not funny

Unless she can conjure something that can take Ruby out in 5 minutes (due to the time limit), she's not going to win. Nothing she makes directly impacts her AP or any of her other stats to take out her opponent. Rather, it relies of either a very specific weakness her opponent has(physical, psychological, or otherwise), or it relies on the environment to retrieve the opponent's Akuma. None of Ruby's weaknesses can be abused by Lucky Charm, as they either aren't combat applicable (Silver Eyes), or they need a direct boost to AP in order to abuse (Aura damage),. Thus, Lucky Charm is almost completely useless against someone like Ruby

As for EXP, it's an undeniable fact that Ruby has been fighting longer than Ladybug has, and although fighting the likes of Jaune obviously doesn't compare to the enemies Ladybug has fought, you have to realize that Beacon has dozens if not hundreds of students, all with different semblances, fighting styles, and weapons. Since Ruby has at the very least fought the majority of them in the form of combat classes, then it's safe to assume that Ruby also has quite a large amount of experience fighting different types of enemies. Besides, it's not like any of the 2's variety in villains mattetr much anyways, as they've both probably fought other people with the same abilities as the other before, so the only thing that really matters in this fight is each fighter's proficiency using their own powers. In my opinion, Ruby has a massive edge in this category.

Well we've seen Ruby go up against JNPR before in Volume 2 and against Cardin in the manga (fluid cannon but cannon nonetheless). So her experience against different people is pretty solid at least.

Wow one look at Ladybug's profile and yeah she's hurting hard. Especially in terms powerful ranged weaponry (the yo-yo isn't gonna be as powerful as Ruby's shots).

Voting Ruby for reasons above and my own.

Back