• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

JnSteHar002

Bronze Supporter

This is the Alcatraz feat that has been evaluated/approved! The thread will be used to determine if it can be used and who scales from it.

This would upgrade Ladd as well as Claire and Shizuo (Claire being above Ladd and Shizuo being a confirmed equal to Claire). There are some characters who might scale to this feat, such as Simon, Graham and potentially others.

There are some characters who might scale to this feat, such as Simon, Graham and potentially others.
From those who have a profile, Chris too. No idea about the Durarara side of things, though.

As for the thread, just wait a day to see if anything substantial is going on; if not, call the staff for input (I think one would be enough here) and apply the changes. This has been going on for way too long, really.

From those who have a profile, Chris too. No idea about the Durarara side of things, though.

As for the thread, just wait a day to see if anything substantial is going on; if not, call the staff for input (I think one would be enough here) and apply the changes. This has been going on for way too long, really.
Thanks 😊

Chris should be able to scale; plum forgot about him.

And hopefully will be able to get this all sorted and done as it's been  Ages!

Yeah physically, I don't see anyone on Shizuo's realm of power in Durarara other than Simon.
I can only think of maybe 2 other people in Durarara tops that could scale but it's very iffy, even for me.
  • Hajime Shishizaki: He has a statement of being on par w/Shizuo's strength and Izaya's speed, but this was in context to their high school days; there's no indication that Shizuo would have that level of strength then. Plus, it's just that one statement and a few references; I don't think he's even made an actual, physical appearance in the series.
  • Yahiro Mizuchi: He was able to hold his own in an actual fight w/Shizuo. However, the narrative states his raw strength isn't that impressive. It was a combination of his strength, insane reflexes, dirty fighting style/moves and is much more willing to hurt others that let Yahiro fight Shizuo hand to hand.

Been a day so maybe I should contact some staff. Anyone have recommendations for who and/or how to contact to avoid potential harassment?

Anyone have recommendations for who and/or how to contact to avoid potential harassment?
I think you're most likely to get a response from DarkDragonMedeus. It's largely a lottery, so try your luck, I guess. Not sure what you mean by the latter half of the sentence; just go to their wall and politely ask them if they can take a look at the thread. If they do, cool; if not, try another one.

uhhh, what does that mean??
A while ago, I heard asking around to much, or even once depending on the circumstances, could be potential grounds for harassment; maybe I misread/misremembered it but didn't want to risk a request becoming "that" sorta thing
I think you're most likely to get a response from DarkDragonMedeus. It's largely a lottery, so try your luck, I guess. Not sure what you mean by the latter half of the sentence; just go to their wall and politely ask them if they can take a look at the thread. If they do, cool; if not, try another one.
Cool and will do

I hate to be a party pooper. It's my own calc, after all, but.

The current profile is 9-A. How is 7-C not an outlier?

Normally, I'd only argue about outliers if I have familiarity for the verse given I may not know the nature of the verse at hand.

Sure, but like

9-A to 7-C, DDM.

I'm aware; but I have seen much larger jumps remain consistent and not outliers. While at the same time, it's also possible for smaller jumps than that to be outliers.

Think this might be a decent place too look at.

And moreover, looking into it myself, most of the "9-A" stuff aren't even properly calculated and seem to be guesswork heavy. There are quite a few feats that appear Wall level albeit are extremely casual such as snapping large tables in half like pencils or smashing through metal doors without breaking a sweat; breaking out of handcuffs as if they were wet paper. But also causing large scale shockwaves that appear to be like Earthquakes and causing large buildings to become unstable. And there's other stuff that consistently look like they'd be much higher than Tier 9 that appear fairly casual.

Unless there are good arguments to argue consistent anti-feats, 7-C doesn't sound like anything that would really be contested as something some of these characters wouldn't be capable of.

Hold up, I know that the calc was already accepted, but a Magnitude 6 is nowhere near the baseline for a quake that's simply "felt by everyone". At that level of intensity slight structural damage is expected, and someone who's standing upright can easily fall over just from the vibrations. For a quake that's just vaguely felt but doesn't cause any meaningful damage Magnitude 4 or at most 4.5 is typically used.

Hold up, I know that the calc was already accepted, but a Magnitude 6 is nowhere near the baseline for a quake that's simply "felt by everyone". At that level of intensity slight structural damage is expected, and someone who's standing upright can easily fall over just from the vibrations. For a quake that's just vaguely felt but doesn't cause any meaningful damage Magnitude 4 or at most 4.5 is typically used.
Think it mentions someone on the top floor falling over, but you may make a good point then. This may downgrade the feat to be in the 8-B to 8-A range.

I'm aware; but I have seen much larger jumps remain consistent and not outliers. While at the same time, it's also possible for smaller jumps than that to be outliers.

Think this might be a decent place too look at.

And moreover, looking into it myself, most of the "9-A" stuff aren't even properly calculated and seem to be guesswork heavy. There are quite a few feats that appear Wall level albeit are extremely casual such as snapping large tables in half like pencils or smashing through metal doors without breaking a sweat; breaking out of handcuffs as if they were wet paper. But also causing large scale shockwaves that appear to be like Earthquakes and causing large buildings to become unstable. And there's other stuff that consistently look like they'd be much higher than Tier 9 that appear fairly casual.

Unless there are good arguments to argue consistent anti-feats, 7-C doesn't sound like anything that would really be contested as something some of these characters wouldn't be capable of.
Yeah I just straight up disagree, these characters have other feats (that you mention are probably even lower than they are presented as on their profiles, currently). I can't imagine a situation where a character who has otherwise at best Street level to Small Building level feats realistically scaling to a dodgy 7-C feat and it not being at least a bit questionable. Even in the calc, I mention that this is at the very least borderline- such a small area to shake is pushing the limits of what we could realistically allow for an Earthquake. That mixed with the apparent lack of literally any supporting feat (until such a feat is brought forward, at least- I am open to that) makes me against this. There is no reason to run with the highest interpretation every time.

I don't think Mag 4 would cover it, I'd probably go with Mag 5 if I were to redo it. The text mentions people being unable to maintain their balance, which is a bit above just being felt. I'd still like it if there were supporting feats presented to go with this, however, given the vast leap in tiers being proposed.

Yeah I just straight up disagree, these characters have other feats (that you mention are probably even lower than they are presented as on their profiles, currently). I can't imagine a situation where a character who has otherwise at best Street level to Small Building level feats realistically scaling to a dodgy 7-C feat and it not being at least a bit questionable. Even in the calc, I mention that this is at the very least borderline- such a small area to shake is pushing the limits of what we could realistically allow for an Earthquake. That mixed with the apparent lack of literally any supporting feat (until such a feat is brought forward, at least- I am open to that) makes me against this. There is no reason to run with the highest interpretation every time.
Not so much every time, also I'm not the type who uses "Highest interpretation" of every feat. I usually lean towards lower interpretations of a specific feat. There is a difference between higher or lower interpretations of a specific feat and simply considering best specific feat uncontradictory. We don't call Saitama's one and only cosmic feat an outlier just because his next best feat is less than planetary, since he's still Saitama. If there were a lot of anti-feats of someone being susceptible to basic conventional firearms but has one nuke tier feat; I see potential arguments for outliers however.

I don't think Mag 4 would cover it, I'd probably go with Mag 5 if I were to redo it. The text mentions people being unable to maintain their balance, which is a bit above just being felt. I'd still like it if there were supporting feats presented to go with this, however, given the vast leap in tiers being proposed.
Though that's a different story. We could recalculate the specific feat yes.

I don't know the verse, but Saitama's specific scenario shouldn't be the default assumption. You haven't made it clear: are you arguing from a point of knowledge that this is a specific exception? Because you linked to the Power of the Verse section as evidence for particular powerhouses, but this character, Ladd Russo, is not mentioned.

I do not know nothing of the verse; I never mentioned anything about default assumptions. My general opinion is basically to not have any default assumptions at least till I look into it or hear sides of the story. But generally speaking, it's case by case. If the nature of the verse is ordinary people firing bullets at other ordinary people who in turn fire shots back is the common fight scene, I will have a generally strict mentality when it comes to consistency and do not expect many characters above Tier 9. But if it's about a protagonist or antagonist who overpowers through everything without even trying or behave like "They live in a world made of cardboard and having to always hold themselves back" I will show leniency. But most verses; probably somewhere in between.

From the last thread that lead to this one, we had to discuss issues on the outlier potential. Honestly, we came to a conclusion similar to @DarkDragonMedeus. Despite the massive jump, it would only apply to the top tiers of the verses and leave the rest alone, pretty much.

@Mr. Bambu This is your calc, so we can take time to re-examine it. I'd even be willing to redo the calc myself; my only concern would be how long it might take for an evaluation.

Hopefully, this came out right! And thanks for all the input everyone (y)

What is their next best feat?

What is their next best feat?
For Baccano and Durarara, there's the calculated 9-A feat but I think there was a multi-story explosion contained by Celty that never got calced, to the best of my knowledge.

It get's a bit crazier if you take in all of the Naritaverse

Would you be able to show me the text describing the explosion? And is this something attributed to Ladd or someone comparable to him?

Back