• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Lack of information on the Tales Series.

There is, though given how we see how Florian reacted, it's safe to assume that they don't really know anything at all. Heck, when Luke was "saved" he didn't know a damn thing what happened

Yeah, they're blank slates, of course. They have no memories or personality yet, however, they seem to be far more capable than a newborn child would be. Luke has higher learning capabilities than a 7 year old would, i believe. This is because his body and brain is that of a 17 year old, despite having existed only for 7 years. Florian was likely kept locked up for his entire 2 years of existence, obviously he wouldn't know anything. His only purpose was to read the Score.

Velvet being not Multi Continent level is really make fell bitter . I don't know know why i fell that . Even OBD agree about Velvet being continent level .

I still haven't finished watching Beseria, though I've started watching part of Abyss.

Apologies for my lack of time recently. Things are only getting increasingly hectic for me it seems.

I just got Berseria, hopefully there's some new things we can use for speed upgrades.

I know how you feel dude.

I would somewhat call that a spoiler there, but glass didn't seem to mind, so i assume they already made it far enough that nothing shown there is a significant spoiler.

I already knew that he's a playable character in the game. Unless him using Indignation spell is a plot point.

Theglassman12 said:
I already knew that he's a playable character in the game. Unless him using Indignation spell is a plot point.
Nah, Indignation just kinda happens, you get it during the final dungeon, a bit out of the way too. No plot relevance, but it's certainly there.

Saint rider 890 said:
True but at least we can scaled Berseria cast to Zestria cast ?
Be patient, with Indignation in Berseria there might not even be any need, Zestiria should also, at the very least, scale to High 6-A from them fighting Jade who can damage Van who is, in turn, comparable to Luke.

It depends on the mobile games. Considering that Rays is essentially having characters from their respective games being exoflected and still retains their own identity, not to mention we get little gems like Ratatosk and Mithos, which makes sense if you know what happened between the two in the canon games.

Well they are a reoccuring thing throughout the series. It's not a one and done thing that the series did one time.

True, but if they don't have plot relevance, then it's likely just there to please the fans. I'm certain other series do this as well. Bring back popular characters as bosses. But nothing in the games gives overwhelming indication that the two verses are canonically together.

I think 80% of the games have Indignation.

As much as I love the length of the games, it makes gathering information for them an arduous process.

@Teon I guess. I merely imagine it to be like how in the final fantasy games, they have the same type of creatures, the crystals at certain games, and Gilgamesh reoccur in the later entries. Though for tales we do have the Sword Dancer being the series's Gilgamesh

Also, doesn't Berserias Cameo thing state that the characters were dragged there from a different world or something like that? I don't know for sure, but i heard something like that, i intend to do the fight myself sometime soon.

I guess so. Perhaps it's a personal thing as I'm weary of cameos since they seldom have plot relevance across the board, not just in Tales of Games.

But that's true, they do use the same monsters, and Sword Dancer does appear in every game (love/hate that guy). As do most artes, albeit the same arte can wield different results aside from the ones with plot relevance.

Do we use cameos for scaling in other verses like Final fantasy? Or DQ?

For final fantasy, we have them scaled from Gilgamesh.

FF5 was where he first appeared, and he shows up in 8, 12, 13, and some of the spinoffs

I think scaling to Sword Dancer is fine.

I guess I moreso meant things like Jade appearing in Zestiria. Those types of cameos I don't think should scale if they don't have plot relevance. But if those kind of cameons are used to scale in other verse then I think it's fine.

An example is Yugioh Arc-V. They have returning characters like Jack and Kite that have plot relevance, though due to the nature of the show I'm not sure if they can actually be scaled to their 5Ds and Zexal counterparts respectively. Maybe this is a bad example...

Back