• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Lack of information on the Tales Series.

The_Divine_Phoenix

She/Her
VS Battles
Image Helper
Greetings, i am a long time lurker making my first appearance here, that aside, i have noticed that information regarding the Tales series is very lacking and inaccurate, i hope this is the right board for this.

Currently, i can only speak for Berseria and Abyss, though, those two are still in need of massive revisions.

The following profiles should be created:

For Berseria:

Innominat, Artorius Collbrande, Teresa Linares, Melchior Mayvin, Van Aifread, Seres, Dyle, Kurogane, Kamoana, Medissa, Orthrus and possibly Griffin and Silva.

For Abyss:

Tear Grants, Jade Curtiss, Anise Tatlin, Guy Cecil, Natalia L. K. Lanvaldear, Ion, Mohs, Van Grants, Asch, Largo, Dist, Arietta, Legretta, Sync, Nebilim and possibly Lorelei (Lorelei doesn't really have any feats on its own, however, it does fuel Van later on).

The characters in Abyss would likely scale to Luke fon Fabre (aside from maybe Ion), Van was also greatly implied to be capable of destroying and replicating every continent even prior to his merger with Lorelei, there is also the possiblity of scaling to this (first arte in the video) though i find it questionable.

As for Berseria, i will look more into this, but, the main cast should at least scale to Melchior's statement of Innominat wiping out all of civilization here , here and here .

My apologies, but the staff cannot create profiles for you, especially not ones that we know very little about.

@Pheonix there's only one profile for Abyss. I'm going to make those when I get the time.

@Glass

Luke could do with some upgrades, most notably speed, for being capable of dodging and using lightning based attacks.

That's the plan. I'm currently going over another fan regarding some potential planet level feats that can cross scale throughout the series.

@Glass

Aren't most games in the series canonically seperate from eachother, aside from the cameo fights? To my knowledge, no other Tales game takes place in Auldrant.

they are, but the fact that some reoccuring monsters like the Sword Dancer and the cameo fights can be able to potentially cross scale considering well...................they're fighting each other.

Should those fights be considered canon though? And would only the characters they fight scale, or the whole game? Jade, for example, makes a cameo in Zestiria. Would that make the Berseria/Zestiria verse scale to Multi Continent then?

I'm not sure reoccurring monster is solid unless it's like Gilgamesh from FF who is basically the same one in almost every game except FF15 where it's a different Gilgamesh.

@Phoenix

Also, with the right information, you're welcome to make the profile yourself.

I myself have only played through Vesperia, and part of Xillia 2. Though I've seen walkthroughs of Xillia and Zestiria, as well as good portions of Beseria and Graces.

The Sword Dancer is a reocurring monster that appears in multiple games. Not to mention the Indignation Spell has a feat of wounding a planet level being.

Also, might I suggest just having a general Tales Of verse page, and the further separating it based upon series from there. We have random characters like Karol Capel and Lloyd Irving who have no real home. Collecting feats for these characters might be a bit of a hassle, but seeing as how they all belong to the same series, grouping them together on a page of some kind seems ideal.

Indignation has that? I suppose it would make sense to scale based on that. What are your thoughts on the Big Bang arte?

@Teon well that can be a possibility.

@Pheonix that could possibly scale, though something tells me that someone might call that an outlier

Litentric Teon said:
Also, might I suggest just having a general Tales Of verse page, and the further separating it based upon series from there. We have random characters like Karol Capel and Lloyd Irving who have no real home. Collecting feats for these characters might be a bit of a hassle, but seeing as how they all belong to the same series, grouping them together on a page of some kind seems ideal.
This seems like a good idea.

I can help in trying to get some renders for Abyss and Symphonia done do you can use them for the verse page.

Final fantasy would be a better verse option for the tales series imo, considering that they're both JRPGs.

I think it's worth mentioning that i'm currently working on a blog compiling all the major feats of Tales altogether, as well as scaling (which i reckon should apply to the entire verse through reasons soon to be stated in the blog).

Also, this seems minor but should Luke's age be changed to

17 Physically, 7 Chronologically, 20 Physically and 10 Chronologically at the end?

He was created 7 years prior to the story but his body at the time of his creation was 10.

I mean, he's still technically 7, then 10 years old since he was born when Asch was kidnapped

@Glass

Yeah, but his body and arguably his mind (at least post Akzeriuth) isn't that of a 7 year old, i feel like that should maybe be mentioned.

biologically, it's still 7 years old. He just was able to go through his character arc which made him more mature than like....................any other 7 year old.

Is it biologically 7 though? It's more akin to having a blank brain implanted in a 10 year old body. Still physically 17, he has the body of a full adult at the end of the game. It doesn't seem like replicas have the mental capacities of babies when they are created either, they appear to have the mental capacity or a normal person their age, just without any memories or skills.

@Pheonix Ion was replicated again to his normal self, but was acting like a little child scared of strangers. Tear and Natalia pointed this out when they left the new Ion in Daath

Florian was replicated along with the other Ion replicas (Sync and our Ion), he was kept as a spare in case this Ion wouldn't read the score, he likely didn't have a chance to learn much of anything.

I feel there is a notable difference between a 10 year old blank slate (mental capacities of 10 year old rather than a baby) and a newborn child.

Back