• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

L beats up old man (L vs John Kramer) One vote needed

No he uses it once in the anime, and is shown doing it in the part 2 theme song as well.

To quote the wiki: "Obata mentions being told often that L's fighting style is much like capoeira; the artist claims that he did not consider this when he drew L's fights - he was simply thinking of the most effective method of kicking an adversary while being handcuffed to him. In Obata's opinion, if the style resembles capoeira, then this 'adds another element to it' and 'that makes me happy.'"

Was L captured by Kramer beforehand or is he just infiltrated in his hideout?

If yes, then Kramer can end L's life whenever he wished to, but L has the will to break out of the traps, and be smart enough to survive them, but because most of Kramer's traps are physically taxing, L will leave the trap seriously injured, and not really able to finish off Kramer at the end of the hallway. But, if he has not been captured, L will just defuse traps and go thru no problem until he has to put down Kramer by either shutting his life support off or shooting him with a gun.

L for reasons above

L infiltrated but John was ready.

We don't count feats from themes so not sure if that counts :/. If he does then make a thread about it. Otherwise it just seems like two athletic untrained fighters fighting. Though John has the equipment, L is likely faster and more physical fit. Main thing John could do is try to trick L with words and such, though might be more or less like Light (though John seems smarter). Neither are aware of what the other is capable of. Neither have the benefit of surprise.

L was smarter than Light, but he was overwhelmed beecause of all of the Godly Magic shenanigans.

Kramer simply cannot do anything to L that he wouldnt predict.

L is likely smarter, though Kramer would likely need one good hit with either his syringe or his hidden blade. John has taken bad beatings before, like from a detective in the second movie, and being shot. So John could POSSIBLY holdout a little longer than L due to his superior durability feats but L's speed does make it hard unless John can surprise him.

Okay, I've had to think about this one for a while, but now I think I can be confident in my decision now. And personally, I think L has this in the bag for two reasons. One, as has been said before, L is faster, stronger, younger, healthier, and possibly even smarter than John. Plus, his knowledge of martial arts will really help in this fight. John may have a possible durability edge, but that's about it. Second comes in assuming neither character know each other, in which case, L will be able to almost immediately identify him as the Jigsaw killer. In Light's case, he was able to avoid police custody for months, even years, because he was extremely intelligent about what he was doing and made sure to leave as few clues as possible to his whereabouts. As for John, he got raided by the police in the second movie. And not only that, but he made no attempt to hide himself from anyone, even deflecting the term "Jigsaw Killer" as something the media came up with, not him. So, L would be able to identify him, be able to restrain him, and not fall for any mind games he may try to play, such as what happened later during Saw II. Overall, John just couldn't puzzle his way out from this young detective.

Winner: L

Your pun was worse then any Jigsaw trap. Adding it, and like your explanation. Does L have martial arts on his profile? Also John does have his weapons (Syringe, Hidden Blade)

For the martaI arts question, refer to Jordan's post for that. And as for John's weapons, while it's a very effective strategy to use against those who aren't prepared for it, such as with many of the victims in the Saw franchise, I don't think L would get caught off guard as easily. However, I will give that if John somehow does manage to stick L with the needle, then he will probably go down. But given L's tendency to be ready for any situation, if John does manage to pull one of these out, he'll probably see it coming and quickly disarm him. So, I still give the win to L, including the weapons.

4 for L.

Really though, if he has martial arts, can someone add it to his profile? Cause that is kind of important, and one of the reasons he will win matches.

Back