• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kyle Rayner Ion key

As far as I know, back when Kyle Rayner (first?) used the Ion name, he did not actually act as a host to the willpower entity (it was invented by later writers), and did not have any clear demonstrations of his full scale of power.

Given that he shared a name with an unrelated entity, I think that adding such a key would create misunderstandings for our visitors.

I do not underestimate their intelligence. I just doubt that most of them have indepth knowledge of a very complicated continuity.

Actually i did some more research and it turns out its the entity Ion. The first time he becomes ion is when he absorb the powers of Oblivion and Parallax Hal left in the sun.Then he gives some of his power to Jade and the rest he uses to restart the power battery he loses his ion powers after that.

When Jade died the powers he gave her returned to him and he is again IoThe guardians even note that he has held such powers before.

And finally in during the sinestro corps war. Sinestro pulls Ion out of himand leter Sodam Yat became the host the entire time Kyle wasn't aware that he had an entity like Parallax inside of him the guardians told him after the war

It was never stated that Kyle's original reality warper power-up was due to the Ion entity as far as I am aware. Some writer simply thought that it was a good name to use.

The guardian state it right here . Originally Hal also tought Parallax was just a cool name Geoff Johns rewrote both of them to actually have entities inside of them.

It seems like you are correct in that the Judd Winick storyline was later retconned by Geoff Johns so the Ion power-up was the similarly named entity all along:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ion_(DC_Comics)

As such, I suppose that an extra statistics key should be fine.

I do not think that it seems controversial to add a key.

Okay. Tell me here when you are done.

Back