• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kung fu Panda speed revisions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
And yet he doesn't have flight (unless it isn't described as a hax ability) and has never been seen flying. and he seems to be giving Monkey a pretty good beatdown despite being inferior in AP?

...He was pretty obvously flying, you can even see his wings in the scene you posted, and flight isnt hax

Plus Mantis is comparable to the Furious five and has fought both members of the Five, Po, and opponents of similar strength before

Mantis has never been described as inferior, if he were inferior he wouldnt be a member of the Five...

Plus the fact that he can ragdoll Monkey and Po means he's anything but inferior

You didn't debunk it. The scene still shows that Po's hand caught fire from friction, which can only be achieved at certain speeds.

The scene being comical doesn't mean anything. Kung Fu Panda is a comedy series, that doesn't mean there can't be feats.

Po's fight with Tai Lung is played entirely for comedy but it still contains plenty of good feats for Po as he stomps him.

Yes, Mantis has clearly displayed the ability to fly, i see no reason why it shouldnt be on his profile

Mantis' profile is actually pretty outdated, he should be on the same level as the Five and Po, and his pressure point attacks arent listed either

Matthew Schroeder said:
You didn't debunk it. The scene still shows that Po's hand caught fire from friction, which can only be achieved at certain speeds.
Except his hand is quite obviously not on fire, it's glowing. This isn't even an argument anymore.

But in addition, many KFP characters should also have gravity manipulation based on their abilities to stay in the air for so long, and apparently alternate between different falling speeds.

Unite My Rice said:
Nothing was ever really debunked, just a bunch of red herrings involving other series and applications of feats to pose even a fraction of an argument.
The goose feat is very much PIS, and I find it funny how a calculation was required to be done for this feat, yet when I question the feat with a calculation, all of a sudden people want to pull the fiction card.

1. Po's hands are clearly not on fire.

2. This feat is likely for comedic effect, as nobody before or after that pig had their hand set on fire. As you can see here in the actual scene, we can see Po run past an entire line of people after the pig, who are completely fine. Then there's the fact that literally everybody was reacting to him. 9-A+ Hypersonic+ fodder confirmed?

3. "The line of fans was longer than the city"

We must be watching a different movie, because the before and after of that scene showcases the same bridge in the background.

4. How would it be possible that only his hands would be on fire, rather than his entire body?

Debunked.
Bumping this

I don't think we can say that this is a comedic effect, but I agree with you fodder should not able to react him, and of course the line of fans is not longer than the city, its possible that only his hands were on fire because the friction of his hand was highter than the rest of the body.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Could someone find the scene in a source that is not sped up and in utter shit quality?

Regardless, his hands were still glowing with heat in the scene and the friction caused burning.
Agreed. And last time I checked, fire glows too.

Feat at 4:55, watch it on the highest quality.

"his hands were still glowing with heat in the scene"

Speculation, and incorrect. It was glowing with chi, once again supported by the movie .

"and the friction caused burning."

His friction only burned one pig out of the likely hundreds that came before and after? That's sketchy.

Comedic effect - Let me rephrase, extremely inconsistent and outlierish within the very frame of the feat.

Are we still on the imaginary fire?

2. This feat is likely for comedic effect, as nobody before or after that pig had their hand set on fire. As you can see here in the actual scene, we can see Po run past an entire line of people after the pig, who are completely fine.

This. The glow/friction (whatever it is) only caused burning to one person and failed to effect anyone else, it seems like a comedic effect to me too.

@UniteMyRice

Huh totally didn't think of chi as the glow. Good one, it does seem to be visually identical in color to his actual chi attacks.

XING06 said:
@UniteMyRice

Huh totally didn't think of chi as the glow. Good one, it does seem to be visually identical in color to his actual chi attacks.
It isn't chi. Po hadn't mastered chi and didn't even know what it was at this point in the movie. It's in the first 5 minutes.

Even if we assumed "Well maybe he had the power within him all along and he didn't know it yet" (which would sound like nothing more than a fan theory) chi has healing properties and has not shown any ability to generate fire.

Well then he's simply glowing. But there's evidence of chi, when he uses the Wushi finger hold on Tai Lung.

Besides the scene being comic Matt, that pig was the only one there shown with it's hand on fire.

Yeah you guys notice how there's a shift in the art style too (for the background - it becomes more comic book like)? Everything seems to get a lot more exagerated at that point, so that could be an indicator of something exaggerated for humor (eg. how a bent tree branch was enough to launch him to cloud level and how he double jumped forward to kick the cloud).

Also even if we accepted the Hypersonic+ it seems like an outlier. We don't have any other feats even coming close to this sort of speed. A old style cannon is a lethal threat to most of the master level characters so the characters should still be around Supersonic like in their profile currently.

Unite My Rice said:
The goose feat is very much PIS, and I find it funny how a calculation was required to be done for this feat, yet when I question the feat with a calculation, all of a sudden people want to pull the fiction card.

1. Po's hands are clearly not on fire

2. This feat is likely for comedic effect, as nobody before or after that pig had their hand set on fire. As you can see here in the actual scene, we can see Po run past an entire line of people after the pig, who are completely fine. Then there's the fact that literally everybody was reacting to him. 9-A+ Hypersonic+ fodder confirmed?

3. "The line of fans was longer than the city"

We must be watching a different movie, because the before and after of that scene showcases the same bridge in the background.

4. How would it be possible that only his hands would be on fire, rather than his entire body?

Debunked.
I am leaning towards agreeing with UMR. Sorry.

It seems more likely that Po either used another technique, or that the fire was done for dramatic effect, without any intentions of being due to sheer running speed.

I think that it is better to scale from more reliable feats in these types of situations.

I also lean more towards this feat not being reliable. I just dislike the argument of "This is for comedy so it isn't legit."

So, should we close this thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back