• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kung fu Panda speed revisions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm surprised nobody has talked about this yet.

In the beginning of Kung fu Panda 3, Po is running through town to greet all of his fans. He runs down a street filled with fans so fast that his hands catch on fire, lighting the hands of the citizens as well.

For something to ignite from speed alone, the minimum speed required would be Mach 5 or Hypersonic, correct? Similar to how Donkey Kong's fists ignite from moving so fast.

I mean, I guess you could assume it's from the friction of the high fives, but his hands were already on fire as he started running.

Hypersonic Kung fu Panda anyone?

PO MACH 5 PART 1
PO MACH 5 PART 2
PO MACH 5 PART 3
PO MACH 5 PART 4
Update
This has been found to yield Hypersonic+ speeds at Mach 23.

For something to ignite from speed alone, the minimum speed required would be Mach 5 or Hypersonic, correct? Similar to how Donkey Kong's fists ignite from moving so fast.
You have a source for this?

Are you certain that his hand caught on fire from speed, and not some technique?

It required Mach 23 to catch fire (air friction), but I personally think that is a dramatic effect, or it catched fire due to the friction with the people's hand (that is unquantificable, I think).

Welp, said that cuz can't see the scene and I don't remember it correctly. Can't determinate speed unless there's a related formula.

Really? I thought people would have gone over this. Either way, here's a seal of approval.

Antvasima said:
Are you certain that his hand caught on fire from speed, and not some technique?
Yes I am certain. Po has never displayed any fire related techniques in the main canon. The only time Po has ever played with fire is the Mongolian Fireball in the TV series. But that requires a few flips and hand motions that he does not do here. Plus the Mongolian fireball appears as an orb-like shape and has a vacuum affect. It doesn't catch the users hands on fire.

^That is if catch fire due air friction, catch fire due something else should yield less. A mathematical relationship would be need.

Antoniofer said:
^That is if catch fire due air friction, catch fire due something else should yield less. A mathematical relationship would be need.
Well as stated in the top post his hands were already glowing and on fire at the start of his run before high fiving anyone, so air friction is most likely.

Antvasima said:
Okay. According to Antoniofer this would yield results of Mach 23, or Hypersonic+.
I can edit the pages to add the upgrades if you'd like. Or would you rather wait for more approval?

I don't agree with this. His hands were already glowing beforehand (pun intended), which leads me to believe that this is just some special effects.

Also most male Pandas weigh up to 115kg (about the weight of a large human adult), so lets just assume they have the same body measurements as a human. A male human's arm is 5.7% of their body weight. 5.7% of 115kg is 6.555kg.

At Mach 23 and using the weight of the arm (since Po isn't hitting with the weight of his hand only), that would mean all the fodder animals in the background have 9-A+ durability (since the fire was the only thing that concerned the pig, no noticeable pain), and most of the top tiers in the verse is low tier 8.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Logic is not entirely a word that applies to fiction ya know.

Unite My Rice said:
Like the basis of this calc? I guess we can both agree it's toonforce and call it a day then.
One of the fodder characters (An average goose messenger with no kung fu experience or training) from the first movie, survived a dynamite explosion that blasted open a large door and sent several hundred rhino guards flying. I say the 9-A stats for the average animals match up.

Feat at 3:27

Kung Fu Panda - Tai Lung Escape
Kung Fu Panda - Tai Lung Escape

Unite My Rice said:
At Mach 23 and using the weight of the arm (since Po isn't hitting with the weight of his hand only), that would mean all the fodder animals in the background have 9-A+ durability (since the fire was the only thing that concerned the pig, no noticeable pain), and most of the top tiers in the verse is low tier 8.
Yes, exactly like when main characters hit fodders and they don't die immediately or outright blow up. Or when main characters are barely able to outrun fodder characters. Those are used to put balance in the anime, so in short, it's anime logic and you're reading way too much into it.

Except that's an outlier and PIS.

The goose and the rhino holding him were the closest to the bundle of TNT, yet there were rhinos that were further away from the blast, and every single rhino (some of which had armor and shields) was knocked out, instead of the goose.

Then there's the fact that Master Rhino was killed/defeated by a cannonball, which arguably packs much less of a punch than a point blank bundle of TNT.

@Scarlet

How would you hold back at Mach 23?

That's like saying Krillin would survive being slapped by Goku at 1 billion c.

I mean....Yeah...

Fodders don't immediately die when struck, by this logic, every single game with fodders that don't get one shot makes them on the same level, it's the same reason The Boss doesn't one shot every cop in Saints Row or why Bayonetta doesn't one shot every angel.

It's fiction logic and a low end, the fodders surviving means nothing.

@Gargoyle

Game mechanics. Not at all comparable.

If I load up Xenoverse right now and hit Hercule with Beerus's strongest attack (which he WILL survive), your argument wouldn't be the same.

@William He's high fiving people for god's sake, why would he need a technique for that?

@Unite Again fodders not dying to main characters is a modus operandi for a vast array of shows/animes and it certainly does not discredit anything.

Unite My Rice said:
Except that's an outlier and PIS.

The goose and the rhino holding him were the closest to the bundle of TNT, yet there were rhinos that were further away from the blast, and every single rhino (some of which had armor and shields) was knocked out, instead of the goose.

Then there's the fact that Master Rhino was killed/defeated by a cannonball, which arguably packs much less of a punch than a point blank bundle of TNT.

@Scarlet

How would you hold back at Mach 23?
I really don't get your point there.

Any proof it's weaker? Just because it looks weaker doesn't mean it is.

How does the Galaxy Busting Morrigan not one shot the Dwarf Star Demitri? How does the Mountain busting Esdeath not blitzstomp the Small Town level Leone? Because this is fiction and people can hold back to whatever degree.

Unite My Rice said:
@Gargoyle

Game mechanics. Not at all comparable.

If I load up Xenoverse right now and hit Hercule with Beerus's strongest attack (which he WILL survive), your argument wouldn't be the same.
Exactly, Hercule would survive the first punch, this strenghthing what I said.

Everything you're saying regarding fodders is ludicrous, and would downgrade every verse by this logic.

Unite My Rice said:
I don't agree with this. His hands were already glowing beforehand (pun intended), which leads me to believe that this is just some special effects.
Also most male Pandas weigh up to 115kg (about the weight of a large human adult), so lets just assume they have the same body measurements as a human. A male human's arm is 5.7% of their body weight. 5.7% of 115kg is 6.555kg.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
^ This

Gargoyle One said:
How does the Galaxy Busting Morrigan not one shot the Dwarf Star Demitri? How does the Mountain busting Esdeath not blitzstomp the Small Town level Leone? Because this is fiction and people can hold back to whatever degree.
These are actual people which can be under the veil of PIS and holding back.

Have you ever seen a nuke hold back before?

Unite My Rice said:
These are actual people which can be under the veil of PIS and holding back.

Have you ever seen a nuke hold back before?
I've seen fodders basically getting out unharmed even though a meteor hit just in front of them. Does that count?

Let's look at the examples

• The calc Rice did above
  • The explosion feat I showed
  • The abuse they've taken from both heroes and villains in the series which is supposedly canon
  • The abuse Po took before starting his Kung fu training.
Sounds a bit too consistent to be outlier-ish to me.

But this thread is about the speed anyways and not the tier of the fodders. So try not to get tooooo off track.

Going to agree that with the goose surviving a nearly point black explosion is PIS, and that common animals being Room level when a Kung Fu master was killed by a cannonball is completely unlikely. But letting that at the side: Hasn't Poo showed difficult to move large distances? in the previous movie he was having troubles catching the wolf.

I guess Quicksilver wasn't moving at Massively Hypersonic speeds in that scene in Days of Future Pass, since he was able to grab, throw and move people with him and they didn't die from the Kinetic Energy and friction.

Seriously, these types of things happen all the time.

Spartacus batted an apple to the moon and the apple didn't explode from the Kinetic Energy that was produced.

Nah Leopoldo, you're just trying to upgrade Po to prove he stomps Aang.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh......Still too soon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back