• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kung fu Panda speed revisions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Donkey Kong is also scaled from two Massively Hypersonic speed feats, so that at least Hypersonic rating is just a lowball for him.

Antoniofer said:
Going to agree that with the goose surviving a nearly point black explosion is PIS, and that common animals being Room level when a Kung Fu master was killed by a cannonball is completely unlikely. But letting that at the side: Hasn't Poo showed difficult to move large distances? in the previous movie he was having troubles catching the wolf.
Po getting tired from running is merely for gags. We can see him travel long distances with no problem multiple times. Like when he's fighting Tai Lung, He runs around the city in Kung fu Panda 2 with ease. And in the scene with this running feat, he was jumping, running, and doing acrobatics through the entire valley of peace without breaking a sweat.

The time when was outran by the wolf wasn't a gag, he need a push from to catch him. Similar way when they were escaping from the collapsing tower.

Antoniofer said:
The time when was outran by the wolf wasn't a gag, he need a push from to catch him. Similar way when they were escaping from the collapsing tower.

Didn't that push also give a speed fast enough to start a fire where Po was also able to react during it as he grabbed onto the wolf's rickshaw?

Feat at 1:49

(Plus they were both on rickshaw's and not running so of course he wasn't catching up. AND this is KFP2. There are different tiers for Po with each movie.)

Kung Fu Panda 2 - Rickshaw Chase 1080p HD
Kung Fu Panda 2 - Rickshaw Chase 1080p HD

Gargoyle One said:
Longer then the city itself.
Also accelerations a thing
Bruh, I know that.

The line would still need to be really damn long if he accelerated from like, athletic human to mach 23 all while not running away from them immediately.

Bruh, I know that.

The line would still need to be really damn long if he accelerated from like, athletic human to mach 23 all while not running away from them immediately.

ikr? Might as well downgrade Sonic's speed for not being able to run through city themed stages in a fraction of a second. Dang fiction.

I'd agree with UniteMyRice. I just rewatched the part on Netflix and his hands were glowing almost before he even started accelerating. Also, he only set one person on fire as compared to everyone in the line afterwards like what would have happened if he was actually going at that speed. He continued to high five his fans at the same speed after this but none of them caught on fire. This leads me to think the light and fire was mostly for comedic effect.

Bruh, I know that.

Someone's never seen a lightning dodge before, where people can go anywhere from Mach 250 to Mach 1100 within a meter.

Weren't a discussion on where we shouldn't use the "the we should upgrade/downgrade X cuz characters did/didn't Y" to justify/debunk something? Is starting to become irritating, and look that I'm a patient person.

Anyway, we known that those rickshaw weren't going as fast as you think, several citizen react to them, the scene itself was running at real time, so there's no reason to think that they were running at hypersonic speeds, at least not until Poo is pushed (I known it could be fast, but not hypersonic, also, doesn't scale to no one).

Antoniofer said:
Weren't a discussion on where we shouldn't use the "the we should upgrade/downgrade X cuz characters did/didn't Y" to justify/debunk something? Is starting to become irritating, and look that I'm a patient person.
Anyway, we known that those rickshaw weren't going as fast as you think, several citizen react to them, the scene itself was running at real time, so there's no reason to think that they were running at hypersonic speeds, at least not until Poo is pushed (I known it could be fast, but not hypersonic, also, doesn't scale to no one).
Lol. But yeah, 9-C fodder is an outlier, and I very seriously doubt Po is going at the speeds that was stated for the reasons stated.

Gargoyle One said:
Someone's never seen a lightning dodge before, where people can go anywhere from Mach 250 to Mach 1100 within a meter.
Think, just for a bit.

It doesn't matter how long it took for him to accelerate. He was shown running along the line with people for a while. That would mean he was running at hypersonic speeds for at least most of the time, or nearing the end.

This is becoming less and less about the feats and upgrade itself and more about "why isn't fiction being realistic!?" The feat has been shown, the consistency of the fodders stats have been shown which added more support for the feat, the "It's an outlier" argument seems to been non-existent now. And now ones on the opposing side are saying "Well if he were REALLY going that fast, he'd be out of the entire city in the seconds he was running" when barely any speed feats in fiction follow this rule to begin with.

LeopoldTheBrave said:
This is becoming less and less about the feats and upgrade itself and more about "why isn't fiction being realistic!?" The feat has been shown, the consistency of the fodders stats have been show, the "It's an outlier" argument seems to been non-existent now. And now ones on the opposing side are saying "Well if he were REALLY going that fast, he'd be out of the entire city in the seconds he was running" when barely any speed feats in fiction follow this rule to begin with.
Problem is that this is a thread about revision based on a feat that may or may not even be valid as a speed feat in the first place. It would be just as plausible to say that he wasn't going that fast but they ignited anyway because this is fantasy and it works. if it's wrong for me to say that he couldn't have been going that fast because he'd be out of the city, it's also wrong for people to say that he was going that fast because that's the speed required in RL physics.

Think, just for a bit.

It doesn't matter how long it took for him to accelerate. He was shown running along the line with people for a while. That would mean he was running at hypersonic speeds for at least most of the time, or nearing the end.

This has basically no relevance at all.

He was running along the line of people at a speed high enough to ignite the hands. 23 mach? in just one millisecond that speed brings you like 80 meters. Unless you're saying he only went that fast when he went past the pig, which would just be odd.

Calculations > Visuals

If the visuals HAD to be realistic, there would pretty much be no Hypersonic+ or higher characters in fiction as we realistically shouldn't be able to see them moving or travelling through cities and whatnot but we do.

No matter what you do, you're contradicting reality one way or another.

A: He was going at hypersonic speed because IRL that's what's required for his hands to start burning. This means we suspend our dsibelief that this would mean he'd be out of the city in seconds, or that city is just really damn long.

B: He wasn't going at hypersonic speed, but his hands ignited anyway, either because magicÔäó or because the speed required for that irl isn't the same as in the KFP verse.

From my point of view, B is definitely more plausible.

They're in China, on Earth. There's no reason our physics wouldn't apply. Is that the best you have? Assuming the verse somehow has alternate physics?

Again, Calculations > Visuals. This is why we know Sonic is MFTL+ even though he can't blitz through city stages in a fraction of a second, or why we can visibly see characters who can dodge lightning, or why FTL characters don't always travel around the entire planet multiple times when running for a while.

Lol, what? Have you seen KFP? No way it has the same physics as our world. Not unless there's a lore behind it and the animated movies is a gross misrepresentation.

DivineTedrius said:
Lol, what? Have you seen KFP? No way it has the same physics as our world. Not unless there's a lore behind it and the animated movies is a gross misrepresentation.
I think you missed the point entirely...

If we can apply realistic calcs to an ISLAND SIZED moon in Donkey Kong Country which clearly doesn't have similar physics, I think Po running through this line here is perfectly acceptable to still be Hypersonic+

I think I didn't.

You can apply realistic calcs (I don't know anything about Donkey Kong so I don't know about the plausibility of the island calc), but it being done elsewhere doesn't prove is should be done here. Not unless a good enough argument has been presented in favor of it, and I haven't seen any yet.

^ And there ya go.

We just need a mod or admin to approve the upgrade. Since no more arguments are showing up and the current discussion is going nowhere and not really proving anything against the feat.

Well... He isn't. It works because this is a fantasy movie that doesn't care for real physics.

I know my arguments will be dismissed "because rules", but you know, common sense never hurt anyone.

WeeklyBattles said:
Common sense is knowing that someone without fire manipulation moving so fast that they set on fire is moving at Hypersonic speeds
I think common sense is knowing that someone isn't hypersonic because they're clearly not moving that fast.

Nothing was ever really debunked, just a bunch of red herrings involving other series and applications of feats to pose even a fraction of an argument.

The goose feat is very much PIS, and I find it funny how a calculation was required to be done for this feat, yet when I question the feat with a calculation, all of a sudden people want to pull the fiction card.

1. Po's hands are clearly not on fire

2. This feat is likely for comedic effect, as nobody before or after that pig had their hand set on fire. As you can see here in the actual scene, we can see Po run past an entire line of people after the pig, who are completely fine. Then there's the fact that literally everybody was reacting to him. 9-A+ Hypersonic+ fodder confirmed?

3. "The line of fans was longer than the city"

We must be watching a different movie, because the before and after of that scene showcases the same bridge in the background.

4. How would it be possible that only his hands would be on fire, rather than his entire body?

Debunked.

I still refering to those parts when characters were under danger/tension and unable and incapable to make feats like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back