• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Krypto meets his owner, but even more complicated...

Propellus

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Image Helper
Bronze Supporter
Both are 8-B

Starting range is at least 10 meters.

Speed is equalized.

Krypto is in his Season 1 Key.

Smallville Clark is in his Season 4-5 Key.

Krypto scales to 99.45 Tons

Clark scales to 52.48 Tons

Fight takes some place here:
OIP.F0vEGl2nxZFCx0kab3c8FQHaE8

Who would win or why?

Krypto the Superdog (Cartoon Version):

Superman (Smallville): 8

Incon:

Last edited:
Krypto have higher AP and mobility

This Superman in other can resist the heat vision and also have a decent regen

How skilled in combat exactly is this Clark Kent?

Krypto have higher AP and mobility

This Superman in other can resist the heat vision and also have a decent regen

How skilled in combat exactly is this Clark Kent?
Can't really tell how exactly skilled this Clark Kent is

Can't really tell how exactly skilled this Clark Kent is
Season 4-5 Clark doesn't have the martial skills that he gets later on (such as fighting Green Arrow or Kryptonian Assassins) since he wasn't trained by Jor-El yet.

But generally, he's better than the Kryptonians he fought, Brainiac and people with his level of strength. But that could be more familiar with his powers more so than being more skilled.

The big thing to me is that this Superman really doesn't like fighting animals and Krypto likely wouldn't like fighting another version of Superman. So I don't really see them going all out. Though I will say the lifting strength advantage for Superman might give him the win, since there's ways that he could grab Krypto and basically put him in a submission hold out he passes out.

Aside from a higher AP, I don’t think Krypto would give Clark much more trouble for the reasons Qawsed posted above

Voting Clark via putting Krypto into submission. Like Qawsed also said, both are kind of at the disadvantage of not being keen on going crazy on each other, but Clark does have a better and more realistic wincon with those conditions considered

Aside from a higher AP, I don’t think Krypto would give Clark much more trouble for the reasons Qawsed posted above

Voting Clark via putting Krypto into submission. Like Qawsed also said, both are kind of at the disadvantage of not being keen on going crazy on each other, but Clark does have a better and more realistic wincon with those conditions considered
This is just like me versus my dog

Clark fra
Both counted

Krypto could maybe use the ice breath to restrain Superman, but i don't think it would work now due to the LS difference

So yeah, Superman takes this one with mid difficult

Krypto could maybe use the ice breath to restrain Superman, but i don't think it would work now due to the LS difference

So yeah, Superman takes this one with mid difficult
Krypto never used ice breath in the show before though

SV Superman doesn't get super breath as a power until later. He wouldn't have access to it in this incarnation.

Wouldn’t matter much either way I’d wager, given Clark resists that kind of stuff
Wait, I just realized something about Clark's profile, shouldn't that heat resistance actually be resistance to freezing as to what happens in the scan?

Wait, I just realized something about Clark's profile, shouldn't that heat resistance actually be resistance to freezing as to what happens in the scan?
The wording should be slightly altered, although the effectiveness of the resistances I brought up should still apply

Also I would like to bring up this in regards to heat vision. Clark casually resists intense flames during Season 1 and his resistances are only amplified as the show goes on. Not to mention, being inside vehicles as they explode are things Clark claims he “barely feels”, regarding the impact as well as the heat. Krypto’s heat vision would certainly be less effective

Last edited:
shouldn't that heat resistance actually be resistance to freezing as to what happens in the scan?
No, this is Heat Manipulation
Temperature Manipulation (also known as Heat Manipulation) is the ability to manipulate the thermal energy of oneself or the environment. While other abilities, such as Fire Manipulation and Ice Manipulation, may affect the temperature of one's surroundings, this ability refers to having direct control of temperature and heat for any number of purposes.
The person he fought could drain thermal energy and all that. Which is heat manipulation rather than ice manipulation. But for something more comparable to Krypto, he's resisted stuff like Nuclear bombs and heat vision from other Kryptonians before (for reference one of Superman's first displays of heat vision was vaporizing a bullet before it hit someone)

Back