• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kratos vs Ryuko Matoi

Isn't this one an obvious win in Kratos' favor?

Oh, apparently it has been done before. Still going with Kratos for better hax and versatility if the fight is allowed.

Hey, they're bloodlusted. Kratos definitely takes this one. I can't remember how his Time Manipulation works but if it's used in tandem with Petrification or Soul Manipulation, he should win.

Looking at the other thread it was split pretty even, and Ryuko does hold a decent AP and Durability advantage (Kratos is scaled off a 1.651e+26 J feat, Ryuko performed a 2.697e+27 J feat)

How does Kratos' Time Manipulation work? It has been quite some time since I played the game. Also, that might not particularly matter since Kratos has abilities that ignore durability. And the dude killed Zeus with his hands. He would likely be higher with his weapons, right? He could just use his time shenanigans and use his soul hax or petrification. And if his electricity works like real electricity, he would be able to paralyse her for some time(?).

Also, if I remember correctly, Kratos has this move where he attacks the opponent from both sides simultaneously. It might potentially stop Ryüko's Regenerationn. Someone confirm for me...

Looking at the description of the item that gives him Time manip, it has to actually hit the target for it to work, and all it does is slow them down for a few seconds.

Soul rip wouldn't do anything, you can resist it with enough determination. Petrification takes some time to actually work, and is everyone forgetting that she can fly?

Although I just realized that if they're bloodlusted then Rüyko is going straight into Berserk mode, which leaves her mindless and weaker than her best form. She gets destroyed in that case.

Nico-v11 said:
Although I just realized that if they're bloodlusted then Rüyko is going straight into Berserk mode, which leaves her mindless and weaker than her best form. She gets destroyed in that case.
This is Kisaragi Ryuko, she doesn't have a Berserk form.

Only Kisaragi? When specifying doesn't it usually mean "this form and all below"? In any case I'm gonna have to rethink this for a bit

Nico-v11 said:
Only Kisaragi? When specifying doesn't it usually mean "this form and all below"? In any case I'm gonna have to rethink this for a bit

Specifying a form means the character can only use that form in the context of the situation. Meaning that yes, Ryuko can only use her Kisaragi form in this fight.

Just gonna bring this up again but Kratos' time manip isnt as good as you think it is, it's a projectile attack that has to actually hit the target for it to work, and if it does manage to hit all it does is slow them down and only for a few seconds.

I always hear that speed equalized matches mean they'll be hitting each other. Except they have some fancy ability like precognition, teleportation, or incredible dodging ability. And even for those characters we still assume that they will be getting hit. I can also say that Kratos will dodge Ryüko's attacks and it will just end up inconclusive. And the same will apply to all speed equalized matches.

Speed equalized doesn't mean they will always be able to hit each-other and neither does it mean one will always dodge the other's attack.

Imagine this scenario: The top two boxers in the world regarding speed have a match. Their speed is the same and they battle for superiority in the ring. Speed being the same doesn't mean one will have an easy time dodging. It all depends of the situation. The other can attack from unpredicted angles, can intercept attacks, can use feints to deceive and then strike etc. Meaning it's a mind game. What will he do if I hit like this? What will I do to counter that?

Speed equalized doesn't stop a character from being overwhelmed with strikes. For example boxer A hits boxer B in a bad spot. Boxer B temporariliy loses balance and focus. This is a great opportunity for boxer A to press his advantage and overwhelm boxer B with punches before he regains composure.

I mean, I know it's that way. I was just saying that that's what I always hear.

Person A: Shirou can just dodge his attacks. He was able to dodge multiple attacks in quick succession against Gilgamesh.

Person B: Speed is equalized so they'll be hitting each other so that won't happen here.

I guess we should just carry on as usual.

Back