• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kratos fights a magic horse

Okay, so Kratos has Power Null resistance from Hades Hands and Zeus lightning...both of which seal away magic for one and strip away magic for other.

Power Null resistance can grant protection against Power Sealing. I even made a Q&A about.

As for crystal sealing, he has Lifting Strength advantage and Rage Of Gods transformation to break out of it.

Kratos is scales vastly above Atlas who holds a universe on top of his head and stabilizes the macrocosm....can destroy the World Pillar which does the same.

Can catch and restrain Helios who has infinite speed.

I see. The catch is irrelivant since speed is equal.
Twi scales to being able to harm Daybreaker, who has infinite power of destruction and can destroy infinite realities.
So I guess Kratos is stronger. AP wise.

She can use Stone Sleep spell. Not first thing to do in character, but still. And as something far superior to Gorgon's petrification, it should work.

Again, Helios Sun Shield reflect, deflecting Gorgon beams is standard througout the series.

Why is it superior to Gorgons may I ask?

Rage Transformation is "get out of jail" free card for any possible petrifications...

Still able to hit, even if harder.

Aren't gorgons like, very minor creatures? Weren't they fighting only City level Kratos?

I see Rage Power, which only increases power, not resistances.

So basically same deal as any other God in GoW....
Dodging and Attack Reflection from Helios Sun Shield is standard response.
Twilight is smart, isn't she? Wouldn't she notice a shield reflecting her beams?
If my memory serves, she has Telekinesis, right?

Would it be plausible for her to disarm Kratos of the shield, THEN beam or whatever him? (Or at least, try to, given that I'm sure Kratos has copious dodging experience.)

She has Telekinesis, Energy Beams, Forcefields, and Teleportation.
These are the standard utilities for an experienced unicorn, and very common go-tos in fights.

Still able to hit, even if harder.
I did not understand....harder??
Aren't gorgons like, very minor creatures? Weren't they fighting only City level Kratos?
So?? Whats city lvl got to do with anything??
I see Rage Power, which only increases power, not resistances.
It just allows him to bust out when already petrified, nothing complicated.
Twilight is smart, isn't she? Wouldn't she notice a shield reflecting her beams?
If my memory serves, she has Telekinesis, right?

Would it be plausible for her to disarm Kratos of the shield, THEN beam or whatever him? (Or at least, try to, given that I'm sure Kratos has copious dodging experience.)
Kratos has the lifting strength advantage, Telekinesis will not work.

I did not understand....harder??

So?? Whats city lvl got to do with anything??

It just allows him to bust out when already petrified, nothing complicated.

Kratos has the lifting strength advantage, Telekinesis will not work.
I meant that she still can hit with it, by teleporting and spell-ing from behind or smt.
Well, Gorgon's petrification seems very minor, compared to a spell that worked on Discord. Were Gorgon's ever petrifying gods, for example?
It is a NLF to assume that it would be the same here. Plus I think he just increases his physical strength to bust out easier, not gains a resistance.
Kratos has Class G while Twi has Stellar level.

I meant that she still can hit with it, by teleporting and spell-ing from behind or smt.
Kratos has faught teleporting enemies throughout his career, its nothing new to him.
Well, Gorgon's petrification seems very minor, compared to a spell that worked on Discord. Were Gorgon's ever petrifying gods, for example?
Minor monster or God Discord, it doesn't matter. Whats power got to do with hax??
It is a NLF to assume that it would be the same here.
You are the one claiming it with above logic.
Plus I think he just increases his physical strength to bust out easier, not gains a resistance.
He is petrified not covered in rock shell, I don't see how strength is involved.
Whether its Strength or resistance is Irrelevant, he can bust out of petrification, its that simple.
Kratos has Class G while Twi has Stellar level.
Class G is for Base Kratos, this is Gauntlet of Zeus Kratos. GoZ Kratos has Universal Lifting Strength.

Kratos has faught teleporting enemies throughout his career, its nothing new to him.

Minor monster or God Discord, it doesn't matter. Whats power got to do with hax??

You are the one claiming it with above logic.

Class G is for Base Kratos, this is Gauntlet of Zeus Kratos. GoZ Kratos has Universal Lifting Strength.
Hey, I know, just saying.

Alright, let me rephrase that. Has Kratos ever resisted petrification from someone on the gods level? If not, I can argue that he never resisted petr hax on this scale. I don't think he did, but maybe I am wrong.

Not on the profile.

Hey, I know, just saying.
K
Alright, let me rephrase that. Has Kratos ever resisted petrification from someone on the gods level? I don't think he did, but maybe I am wrong.
Definition of God changes wildly from verse to verse and person to person. So you would have to define God for me in this instance. So why is God so special.
Not on the profile.
Wait what?? Lemme Check.
----------×----------
Beisdes that, what can Twilight do against Power Null, Transmutation and Life Force absorption from his Magic and Blades.

Checked the profile.

Both Lifting Strength and Infinite speed are missing for Gauntlet of Zeus. Someone forgot to add it. GoZ is the reason why he has H3A/L2C/2C in the first place.

For better scaling just look at, Atlas profile.
Gauntlet of Zeus Kratos scales above him.

I hadn't checked Twi's profile prior to now, but some confusion regarding the OP's post related to it just came up:

"Both high 3-A, 2nd keys used, speed equalized"

Tier: At least 6-B | 4-B, likely High 3-A | At least 4-B, likely High 3-A | 2-C | At least 4-B, likely High 3-A | At least 4-B, likely High 3-A | 2-C | 10-B, likely 9-B

OP means Alicorn Form Twilight Sparkle, right? As opposed to, out of all her Keys that's 3-A, the 2nd of those (The Ending of the End Alicorn Form)?

Anyway, I'd presume the Petrification of Discord is relevant because he's an embodiment of Chaos; Admittedly, while Petrified like that, Discord could still think, get Empowered from foals fighting nearby, & possibly other stuff.
In comparison, a petrification that can be broken out of by strength of movement....

Well, for one, that doesn't sound like a Petrification ability potent enough to petrify a concept or abstract being, ergo, Kratos may not have feats of resisting Petrification as potent as Twilight has. (But it's also questionable how potent her magic is in ONLY Alicorn Form.)

& for two, if Kratos can break it, then how? If it were to encroach into his flesh & muscles, snapping the stone would be liable to break his own flesh, if he could even move; How do you flex your muscles when your ligaments are as immobile as rock? I'd assume that's a surface level petrification; The Gorgon's gaze sees Kratos's flesh, & encases it in stone that most cannot move from within.

Speaking of Discord, base (Unicorn Key) Twilight Sparkle has this:

Power Nullification (Prepared a spell that would've presumably negated Discord's chaos magic had it not resisted the spell. Created a bubble that nullified some of Discord's effect on Ponyville's landscape and can negate shapeshifting)

I suppose that brings up the question of if Twilight can Power Nullify Kratos's equipment &/or abilities.

Kratos has this:
Power Nullification (Is capable of fighting off the effects of the Hands of Hades, which can transmutate people into lost souls, and strip others of their powers)

But that brings up the question of the potency of The Hands of Hades.

There's also the question of the applicability of this:
Limited Power Mimicry (Has learned many spells on sight, or very swiftly, such as Dark Magic, or Starlight's spells)

Last edited:
Definition of God changes wildly from verse to verse and person to person. So you would have to define God for me in this instance. So why is God so special.

Beisdes that, what can Twilight do against Power Null, Transmutation and Life Force absorption from his Magic and Blades.
I meant exactly the gods of Kratos verse. As to why, see Imaginym's text.

You mean the soul of Hades? Looks like a dodgeble thing. Or at least a very closed renged one, and Twi will keep her distance and likely be in the air.

You mean the soul of Hades? Looks like a dodgeble thing. Or at least a very closed renged one, and Twi will keep her distance and likely be in the air.
By "You mean the soul of Hades?", do you mean this:
Power Nullification (Is capable of fighting off the effects of the Hands of Hades, which can transmutate people into lost souls, and strip others of their powers)

I asked it because it's a resistance Kratos has. Base/"Unicorn" Twilight (Admittedly, seemingly only with preparation so this is probably not very relevant.) has Power Nullification that she expected to work on Discord's magic, but it resisted. Separately, she created a bubble that nullified some of Discord's effect on Ponyville's landscape and can negate shapeshifting).

Presuming Nullifying Discord's Magic is a similarly impressive feat of potency, it brings up the question of how potent a Power Nullification The Handes of Hades uses, since Kratos Resisted that.

Is Kratos's Resistance sufficient to overcome Twilight's Power Null? Is Twilight's Power Null potent enough to overcome his Resistance? Could her use of it be meaningful, since when she overcame it, it was supposedly just a bubble that negated effects on the environment?

Back