• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Power Absorption, Sealing and Power Null.

Well that's a bit complicated, in a sense if sealing seals your power and abilities, so does the absorption then you can perhaps resist power nulls. But if they don't then no

So my question is , can someone with resistance to sealing and/or power absorption also resist power null??
Also vice versa.
Technically Not Really

The act of sealing is essentially banishing to another dimension from which return is difficult or impossible

And Absorption (Energy) is simply taking in all energy your opponent throws at you and making said power your own

Power Nulling is essentially Negating powers/abilities making them void and invalid

However in some cases you Power Null via Sealing from being able to seal of your opponents energy/magic so essentially they can't/won't be able to activate abilities/powers

You can't Power Null via Absorption though as the abilities/powers of the opponent is still in effect, your just taking it in and making that power your own

My sentiments are same too, but let's see what others say.
Another thing.
Power null doesn't have a way of working it's just the ability to nullify abilities.
If you resist an ability the nullifies abilities, you resist power null. It doesn't matter the road, but the destination

You can't Power Null via Absorption though as the abilities/powers of the opponent is still in effect, your just taking it in and making that power your own
Power absorption still prevents you from using any power since you don't possess it anymore. I think resistance to power absorption should work against power null too.

Another thing.
Power null doesn't have a way of working it's just the ability to nullify abilities.
If you resist an ability the nullifies abilities, you resist power null. It doesn't matter the road, but the destination
Can you give a hypothetical or onsite example?

Its case by case. But I'd say normally, no.

Sealing is just the act of, well sealing someone in an object or area. Power Absorption makes it so they lose their powers, but Power Nullification usually just makes them unable to use their powers, and not necessarily lose them.

Okay.
Imagine if the keysword can power null you by "sealing" your abilities.
You will resist power null and sealing
Uh you mean resisting Keysword will allow resistance to both. Thats alright.
Isn't sealing here mean physical sealing not necessarily power sealing?

Its case by case. But I'd say normally, no.

Sealing is just the act of, well sealing someone in an object or area. Power Absorption makes it so they lose their powers, but Power Nullification usually just makes them unable to use their powers, and not necessarily lose them.
Sealing techniques are of various types.

For example take Naruto's seal on stomach to seal Nine Tail's power. Sealing can be power based too.
Another example is if you have watched YYH, there is a fight between Kurama and some Paint shinobi demon in Dark Tournament.
The demon paints some diagrams over kurama that prevents usage of demon energy.
Thats sealing.

Power null and power sealing are similar enough in this case that resistance to one should logically allow you to resist other.

Unless you can guarantee that the character can resist power-altering abilities, you can't say that resisting one power means you can resist the other.

Being resistente to power absorption does not necessary grant resistence to absorption; and resisting power null, does not necessary grant resistance to negation.

Sealing is not really related to any of these powers.

Uh you mean resisting Keysword will allow resistance to both. Thats alright.
Isn't sealing here mean physical sealing not necessarily power sealing?
It's just an example not the actual power set of the sword.
Imagine this.
I have the ability to seal things, I can make fire be ice cold by "sealing" its temperature, I can make people be unable to use thier powers, energy and abilities by "sealing them" with this I'm basically nullifying the effects of stuff. I suppose?

Unless you can guarantee that the character can resist power-altering abilities, you can't say that resisting one power means you can resist the other.
That is my issue, I want to say if such abilities if similar enough in working should be allowed resistance in vs matchups even if they have different names, since sometimes we can be too strict with what we have on profiles to allow any such flexibility.
Being resistente to power absorption does not necessary grant resistence to absorption; and resisting power null, does not necessary grant resistance to negation.
Regular absorption is Irrelevant here.

I didn't undertand about negation point.
Sealing is not really related to any of these powers
I just gave examples of power sealing.
Or maybe we need to differentiate between sealing and power sealing on pages to make really demonstrate different applications of them if such is the case. I think it may be.

It's just an example not the actual power set of the sword.
Imagine this.
I have the ability to seal things, I can make fire be ice cold by "sealing" its temperature, I can make people be unable to use thier powers, energy and abilities by "sealing them" with this I'm basically nullifying the effects of stuff. I suppose?
I can see merit in that.

Power nulling doesn't have a clear way of working like fire manipulation
As long as the ability nullifies power, it doesn't matter how.
Like you can have fire that nullifies power by burning or something crazy, as long as it's stated that the powers are getting nullified, and shown to be then it's a fire ability that can nullify stuff.
This Is just an example

Ah, if it is Power Sealing then same as the first point. It depends what are the reason why the character resisted it, like if it power can't be ripped out from it, that their powers are relatively immutable, or it simple resisted a type of power (like magic) that curiosly have power absorption as one application.

Back