• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Where can we see a blurred demon in the panel (which would still be FTE movement), because I don't?
Unsure about your point, as Genya was also looking toward the destroyed lightbulb while having no clue what sliced his siblings into pieces.
Also as I said previously FTE isn’t subsonic. There’s several factors that contribute to the eye losing track of an object in motion.

If you are bored about discussing or think that discussion is making assertions, then elaborate on Obanai vs Kyogai as I asked above.
Why should I? We aren’t done calculating everything and deciding on what’s most consistent so why should I start making claims on the scaling?

I like the Supersonic with Hypersonic reactions, because even if he struggled with Kyogai, he was dealing with broken bones and the entire room spinning rapidly.

His Travel Speed should be Superhuman since when he was chasing after the demon, Kazumi could still see him and catch up later.
Later in the series I think characters can reach higher travel speeds. That Lower Moon trying to escape from Muzan was going way faster than superhuman.

The body flying through the air in the panel, that's the mom. And something blurring isn't faster than eyesight, that's just a means of displaying speed with no connotation to how fast she's going.
Oops, thought that it was flying body parts sorry for that, nonetheless four of Genya's siblings were sliced before he can figure out what is going in. Are you aware that a human moving like a blur is used for justification for baseline Subsonic in the wiki, and thus require site-wide CRT to challenge?

Also as I said previously FTE isn’t subsonic. There’s several factors that contribute to the eye losing track of an object in motion.
It is colloquially Subsonic. Might as well say that a character who is faster than a fighter jet is not FTE, because there are several factors such as being observed from a very long distance, or him fighting a FTL character who can percieve and track his motion.

Why should I? We aren’t done calculating everything and deciding on what’s most consistent so why should I start making claims on the scaling?
I am not asking for specific speed values derived from calcs, but how you scale characters. For example, we can say that Character A can casually easily blitz Character B, and Character C is comparable in speed to Character D, without having any calcs or values; normally this is obvious and uncontroversial.
So what happens in Obanai vs Kyogai? I say Obanai casually blitzes Kyogai, you?

We can call it baseline Subsonic then.

But Obanai can't blitz Nakime, what is the difference? I say that Nakime is both immensely faster and her Spatial Manipulatin abilities channeled through her musical instrument are immensely faster than Kyogai's sonic claws.

So what are the conclusions here so far?

The majority agree with the downgrade. All that’s left is calculation of feats and determining a new scaling.

Spino made a calc a couple months ago but it wasn’t evaluated at the time so I’ll contact him.

Disagree with Insert's summary as he has yet to gather any substantial support for several of his controversial claims. Have no issue with new calculations.

On that note, I did the Muzan calc:

Nakime likely has superior reaction time to Kyogai.
Why wouldn't Upper Moons not necessarily have higher reaction time to Kyogai? I gather that you speculate that Kyogai's and Nakime's Spatial Manipulation have the same speed as the sound claw? If so, then how does superior reaction time help when they are stationary?
Only way I see it is if you are claiming that everyone is capped to be substantially slower than sound, and Obanai is like a normal human bum-rushing someone before they can pull the trigger of a gun.

@ShadowWhoWalks do you have access to demon slayer guide books?
I do, but they are untranslated, and much of the text is in vertical alignment so it is a chore to arrange it for machine translation.

So do you disagree with the changes that have been accepted by our staff members above?

Also, should I ask some calc group members to evaluate your calculation blog?

Disagree with Insert's summary as he has yet to gather any substantial support for several of his controversial claims. Have no issue with new calculations.

On that note, I did the Muzan calc:

Why wouldn't Upper Moons not necessarily have higher reaction time to Kyogai? I gather that you speculate that Kyogai's and Nakime's Spatial Manipulation have the same speed as the sound claw? If so, then how does superior reaction time help when they are stationary?
Only way I see it is if you are claiming that everyone is capped to be substantially slower than sound, and Obanai is like a normal human bum-rushing someone before they can pull the trigger of a gun.

I do, but they are untranslated, and much of the text is in vertical alignment so it is a chore to arrange it for machine translation.
What do you mean by support for my claims? Do you mean evidence (which I have shown) or people supporting me and several have said they agree with the downgrade.

Superior reaction time does help as Nakime can activate her ability and defend from danger faster and better than Kyogai.

When did I say they’re capped slower than sound? Please stop making these assumptions. In a previous post I said Obanai could be low end supersonic and that would put him over twice the speed of BoW Tanjirou with the substitutions I made using M3X’s calc.

I see I had some questions about Akaza’s Blood Demon Art.

Last edited:
Mitch: No problem. Thank you very much for helping out.

Back