• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kirito's reaction speed should remain constant throughout each game

CurrySenpai

She/Her
FC/OC VS Battles
Content Moderator
So I know that VR Feats aren't meant to scale to each other in Sword Art Online but the one thing that has always bugged me is the fact that Kirito's reaction speed seems to change with each key. Shouldn't it remain the same since even though he's entering another game his reaction speed remain the same despite his avatars being physically slower.

Example in case people get confused: In GGO Kirito has Hypersonic+ combat speed (which would also apply to his reactions) so that reaction speed should carry over to his UW key

Last edited:
To help with the bump, I do kinda agree, but I feel like there's a bit of a term confusion here. The "reaction speed" in this case is basically the "twitch reaction", the time passing between you recognizing a threat and successfully do a "first response" of some kind, so basically "being conscious of a threat" as the best way of putting it. And that gets the argument in a real muddy ground where you cannot make exact statements.

For example, in GGO, he holds the Photon Sword backhanded right in front of his face to literally just twitch the elbow to block the bullets that are coming at his vitals, because his speed is not enough to cover a larger ground in the face of an automatic rifle, despite the base reaction speed being uniform across all games.

From what I have seen during my time in discussions here, the way "reaction speed" term is used here is a bit more of a blanket statement, at which point, there's a decision to be made. Does he actually not possess enough of a reaction speed because he actually cannot block bullets coming to his body, or does he possess a higher reaction speed because he held the photon sword in front of his face and twitched from the wrist in minor ways?

From what I have seen during my time in discussions here, the way "reaction speed" term is used here is a bit more of a blanket statement, at which point, there's a decision to be made. Does he actually not possess enough of a reaction speed because he actually cannot block bullets coming to his body, or does he possess a higher reaction speed because he held the photon sword in front of his face and twitched from the wrist in minor ways?
Bump Again but you also bring up a good point although isn't there a scene where Kirito is kinda just flipping around and not only avoiding bullets but also cutting through them in the BoB tournament?

Back