• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kirito vs Spider-Man

Xmark12

FC/OC VS Battles
Retired
I ran out of funny titles. You can say they're all webbed up elsewhere.

...Alright onto the rest of the OP.

Kirito

vs

Spider-Man (Insomniac Games)

Rules:

• Middle of Alicization Kirito vs Advanced Suit Spider-Man.
  • Speed equalized.
  • In-character.
  • Win by whatever they would do in-character to win (Both of these guys never go for the kill against other humans in-character sooo... whoever incaps the other first wins?).
  • The battle takes place in an empty abandoned city, though they can go out of the city if they want to.
Score:

Kirito: 0

Spider-Man: 0

Inconclusive: 0

BetterKiritoAlicizationRender
Spidermanps4render

If I'm reading Kirito's profile correctly, he only has this:

Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Skilled Swordsman and Marksman, Skilled Hand-to-Hand Combatant, Statistics Amplification (Sword skills amplify the user's speed and power, with the downside of leaving some aftercast delay [Though Skill Connect negates this downside]), Enhanced Senses (Via Hypersense and Distinguish)

This doesn't leave him with a whole lot, as Peter's lenses provide similar benefits (assuming Kirito's enhanced senses are sight based) and Spider-Sense goes a ways to countering speed amps. Meanwhile, Parker has fought many skilled sword masters before, such as Mister Negative and Taskmaster and can likely yank Kirito's sword from his hands with a web, leave him floating helpless with the Matrix, and a variety of web gadgets that can easily pin him to a wall.

Voting Peter for now, although I'll admit to not knowing anything about Kirito so I'm sorry if I got something wrong.

I need more info on Kirito before I make any real decision. I'm not terribly familiar with SAO except for listening to people rant on why it was a horrible anime...

Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Skilled Swordsman and Marksman, Skilled Hand-to-Hand Combatant, Statistics Amplification (Sword skills amplify the user's speed and power, with the downside of leaving some aftercast delay [Though Skill Connect negates this downside]), Enhanced Senses (Via Hypersense and Distinguish), Darkness Manipulation (via the Night Sky Sword), Light Manipulation (Via the Night Sky Sword [Absorbed a light-based attack from Fanatio] and Sacred Arts), Energy Manipulation (Via the Night Sky Sword. Able to absorb "Resources" (energy) within a far-reaching range. This includes stars), Magic & Creation (via Sacred Arts. Can create a spell or an object for almost any situation, so long as he knows the words used to arrange his thoughts, guide his emotions, and fuel his imagination to create said spell or object), Ice Manipulation (Can create ice structures via Sacred Arts, such as when he created a five-layered ice shield), Poison Negation (via Sacred Arts), Heat Manipulation (via Sacred Arts), Healing (via Sacred Arts), Elemental Manipulation (via Sacred Arts. Can create dozens of elements or elemental objects of all kinds), Homing Attacks (via Sacred Arts. Can make his attacks home in on enemies), Limited Reality Warping (via Incarnation. Allows the user to change the world to an extent via their willpower or imagination. For those who are not conscious or adept with this ability, it is primarily used to increase the chances of winning a fight against stronger opponents or create miracles not possible with standard Sacred Arts. All beings in the Underworld are capable of Incarnation, however only those who recognize this ability can consciously use it to their advantage), Life Manipulation (via Incarnation. Is able to restore something to its previous state)

So, Peter has dodged homing attacks before in the form of rocket and missiles, so I don't currently think that'll be an issue. Is Kirito aware of Incarnation at this point? And how do darkness and light manipulation work? If they pose to much of an issue, Peter could yank the Night Sky Sword out of his hands once he notices it becoming an issue. Excuse me while I take a more thorough look at Kirito's profile.

Here's my take on skill. Kirito is very skilled, but Peter is an absolute genius both technically in multiple fields of study and combatively with 8 years of experience fighting opponents with similar skill sets to Kirito, such as Mister Negative.

Kirito's aware of Incarnation in this key.

Darkness manip is basically a giant Getsuga Teshou from Bleach.

Light manip is just absorbing it.

Also Sacred Arts are extreeeemly versatile. Even without a sword he can do pretty well with just spamming those or anything in the environment he can use.

Okay. I've never watched Bleach, so that isn't to helpful. Anyways, I'm going to bed now, I'll look it up in the morning.

Isn't that comparable to Mr. Negative's attacks but slow? That kind of gives Spidey prior experience
Mister Negative
Dodging these types of attacks is the main focus of his boss fight

That's the anime's interpretation. In the light novel it's pitch black darkness that consumes everything, and is comparable to Fanatio's light.

Wb Alice and Eugeo's EE? :thinking:

I mean, the speed and size of the projectile can still be assumed to be the same, right? And that gives Spider-Man a significant advantage, since the interval of the projectile, along with the precognition gives Spider-Man a better chance of surviving.

Idk, are there any attacks Spider-Man won't be able to dodge? And this is assuming he won't try to instantly disarm Kirito as he would do in character

For now, I think I'm gonna go with Spidey.

Kirito seemingly having to call out his attacks + Spider-Sense + experience dealing with such powers and skills mean that Kirito will a lot of issues trying to land hits on Peter. I mean Peter has fought Mr. Negative and the Demons in troves who also utitilize similiar skills. He also fought with and bested Taskmaster a swordsman and martial artist who even copied Spidey's skills just from watching him and knew his tactics and abilities.

Going further, Spidey's fighting style and gear is built around dodging and going around his opponent's attacks and manuvers while exploiting openings. He also bears a definite mobility advantage being able to swing around and inbetween buildings, dodging in mid-air via webs, etc. Also, while I would say that none of Spidey's gear is a game breaker, they do leave him with options to render Kirito off balance or even helpless for small amount of time with Spidey being able to take free shots at him.

Incarnation makes it where kirito can have a higher chance of winning a fight. Aka probability manip.

Can spidey counter that?

It depends how good it is. If it only raises his chances of winning, it doesn't guarantee anything, it just means he has better chance than before. We need more details or examples to really say, if he he's done more.

For example. Eldrad Ulthra is a character with crazy Precog, Fate & Probability Manip. His best feat is defeating an opponent where out of a 1,000,000 possible futures, there was only 1 where he'd win and he made that future a reality.

Incarnation doesn't just increase the chances of winning. It also makes whatever the user wants to do more likely, such as moving chunks of land out of the sky while in the air whereas before their chances of doing so was extremely low, or increasing the chances of obtaining new clothes out of thin air when previously it would be impossible to.

Iin this case, Incarnation could either increase/change the range or AOE of his attacks, do Sacred Arts without needing to call them out, or simply making his chances of hitting Peter more likely to counter Spider Sense.

In summary: Obviously not busted, but it counters Spidey Sense and gives him a lot more variety in attacks since all he needs is enough imagination and willpower to create something that could give him an edge.

I can see that making things more difficult, but I don't see that overcoming all of Peter's advantages. Peter doesn't need to hear the spells to know they're coming, Martin Li and his minions use similar attacks with no such chants, he doesn't need Spider-Sense to dodge, he's dodged attacks without using it, and widening AOE doesn't make things impossible to dodge, only more difficult. Peter has 8 years of experience to help him counter whatever Kirito whips out, not to mention a healing factor to increase survivability. From your description, it sounds like he'd need to think to create something. By the time he's thought of and created something to counter a specific gadget, Peter's already started using something else. I don't doubt that in a long, drawn out fight, Kirito could use Incarnation to create a counter for everything Peter has, I just see Peter knocking him out first before that happens.

Back