• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kirito (Aincrad) vs Raiden (Metal Gear) (White Devil vs Black Swordsman)

At least High 8-C vs 8-B

Round 1.- Kirito vs MGS2 Raiden with weapons

Round 2.- Kirito vs MGS4 Raiden

Speed Equalized

RaidenMGR
The White Devil

Kirito SAO 2 Cropped

Raiden stomps him rather easily with more experience, better tutelage, and higher AP.

Kirito is baseline High 8-C, Raiden is a good ways into it (The link is still broken so i dont know the exact number) but no, the difference is 5.5x, and likely 6-7x given Raiden's rating

>Kirito

>Baseline High 8-C

>Fought a High 8-C on the 56th floor

>Much stronger than he was during that time

There's a "At least" there for a reason. He's above baseline by an unknown amount.

Simple example their experiences in two similar situations:

- When Kirito got stabbed he panicked for a few seconds until he pulled himself together.

- When Raiden got stabbed he laughed and cut several opponents to pieces in a second.

Not taking this into account, Raiden stomps VERY HARD.

Arekusuripa said:
- When Kirito got stabbed he panicked for a few seconds until he pulled himself together.

- When Raiden got stabbed he laughed and cut several opponents to pieces in a second.
I'm not making an argument for either but the one time Kirito got stabbed, he was paralyzed and was being slowly killed by a madman who joined a killing guild. The second time was when his wife just died in front of his very eyes.

I'm not gonna claim to know Raiden but I doubt he has a similar situation to that of Kirito, given his, by what I can understand from your post, desensitivity to death and gore.

Gemmysaur said:
Arekusuripa said:

I'm not making an argument for either but the one time Kirito got stabbed, he was paralyzed and was being slowly killed by a madman who joined a killing guild. The second time was when his wife just died in front of his very eyes.
I'm not gonna claim to know Raiden but I doubt he has a similar situation to that of Kirito, given his, by what I can understand from your post, desensitivity to death and gore.
Trust me: Raiden is clearly not the one who Kirito will be able to cope, because his whole life is one goddamn battlefield, 1/3 of which he spent in virtual reality, honing own skills to unimaginable limits. This verse for him is just a vacation and every character is regular target in his daily VR training before and after mission at least on minimum settings.

Did you clearly read what I said? I said that I doubt Raiden has similar moments to Kirito such as him being slowly killed while paralyzed or the love of his life dying in front of him. Raiden, from what you said earlier and now, is clear to me as not all that right in the head. He's not averse to killing and rather, could care less when he does it.

Their personalities make it so that they won't have 'similar' experiences, other than being stabbed. The context for each is as far as you can get.

Gemmysaur said:
Did you clearly read what I said? I said that I doubt Raiden has similar moments to Kirito such as him being slowly killed while paralyzed or the love of his life dying in front of him. Raiden, from what you said earlier and now, is clear to me as not all that right in the head. He's not averse to killing and rather, could care less when he does it.
Their personalities make it so that they won't have 'similar' experiences, other than being stabbed. The context for each is as far as you can get.
This is his "other" personality, who don't care about "weak" people around. And you wrong, he lost all his friends in the war, when he was 5 years old. So youre right - he completely different, Jack knows what it's like to lose really. And he had a similar experience: when his friend was seriously injured and moving into the base, he covering him was able to fight even without both hands, not paying any attention to it, and only after he was stabbed by numerous enemies and losing a lot of blood, he at last fell. So even he is simple human.

I dont appreciate the DP you give Kirito Areku even though I like Raiden more and I think he comfortably wins.

Breaking all the above down---

"1/3 spent in virtual reality and everyone is a regular target." Ummm Raiden at best fought peak humans in his vr simulations. Kirito has fought beings beyond that by a large margin. Also, wanna add that his experience is probably better (his only saving grace tbh)

He has fought a variety of opponents in SAO, Aincrad, GGO and has fought gunslingers, monsters, 'magic users' etc. Yeah what so do you mean? He has better experience from higher ap opponents, I will give you that. But better experience is just inconclusive at best, I lean more to people who have fought a variety of opponents.

If this was MGR raiden, I will give you this one. But both MGS2 and MGS4 raiden, he probably has the same experience throughout all the games at this point, minus GEKKO fights.

For the sake of argument, I will give this to Kirito.

"This verse for him is just a vacation and every character is regular target in his daily VR training before and after mission at least on minimum settings"

Yeah I dont think you know SAO that well as a verse.

Whole life is on a battlefield? I know you are using hyperbole, but this is still not even accurate.

He spent over ten years in civilian life between the Liberian War with Solidus and MGS2. This is hyping up Raiden to be WAY higher then he is supposed to be. "he lost all his friends in the war, when he was 5 years old."

Never been shown one bit, Raiden himself in MGS2 stated that most children were settled around the world after the war and even GW stated most of the children forgot their experiences in war. This is baseless.

Also, both in MGS2 and MGS4 has not shown the jack the ripper personality, only MGR. Saying he would kill because its part of his personality is ridiculous. He has not been shown this capability in the previous games. Period.

"Even he is a simple human"

So is Raiden, your point? This is a vs debate, not an argument on who is stronger irl. This match makes the assumption he is High 8-C and has all of his abilities. Some of which a 'normal human' does not have. Both by the way, are far from Normal Humans in the context of this debate.

"- When Raiden got stabbed he laughed and cut several opponents to pieces in a second.," Again, in MGR.

Also, Kirito has been stabbed iirc and never panicked in fight. He has only done so because the special circumstances for each time.

Honestly, it would literally be an easier argument to say Raiden wins via AP. Most of this stuff is easily debated and the DP of SAO, a verse I honestly am not the biggest fan off is abhorent. /rant over

I will maybe come back and go through Kiritos game abilitys.

Can't really say for MGS2 Raiden.

For MGS4 Raiden though, this ALSO includes the prologue of Revengeance since it was the same cyborg body, and this is the guy who can lift and throw a Metal Gear RAY.

So uh, at least in Round 2, Raiden stomps.

KinkiestSins said:
For the sake of argument, I will give this to Kirito.

Yeah I dont think you know SAO that well as a verse.

This is baseless.

This is a vs debate, not an argument on who is stronger irl.

I will maybe come back and go through Kiritos game abilitys.
Well everything is in order:

• For the round 1 at least, because in round 2 he can't do nothing to him
  • Believe me I do, although the last thing I saw was the 2 season and all
  • Actually it's quite appropriate if you listen to his codec in MGR
  • When talking about their "VR ability" Raiden is capable of a LOT
  • Please do maybe something I do not know about him as a character

Neosonic97 said:
Can't really say for MGS2 Raiden.

For MGS4 Raiden though, this ALSO includes the prologue of Revengeance since it was the same cyborg body, and this is the guy who can lift and throw a Metal Gear RAY.

So uh, at least in Round 2, Raiden stomps.
Sure? I guess. Same body,more exp. But this is only MGS4.

1. Maybe.. Sure, I will give this to for argument sake. 3. Again, never happened in 2 and 4, only happened a few times in MGR. Saying he would open with it is unlikely at best. 4. Again, peak humans. Kirito has fought people stronger then peak humans in game at this point. So this is again, at best inconclusive. Plus, we dont have a solid number for how Raiden trained for in VR like with the liberian war. I did some digging, he was also only in Force XXII trials for a few months/years (cant remember at the moment)

For the sake of argument---

Kirito Advantages: Flash Freezing and Elemental Manipulation Illusion Creation Better variety of exp.

Raiden Advantages Higher AP Higher strength Blade Mode Time Manipulation Better training. (I mean for god sake kirito got training, he was thrown into sao basically)

Sounds about right. This is the concise version. The last two should come into play. I dont recall Kirito opening up with a flash freeze, but he can do so.

Again, Raiden wins with low diff via higher ap via occams razor. Kirito will need a few shots to damage raiden, although one shot immobolization is a thing. He uses blade mode, slices his head off and match over. You get the idea.

Back