• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kirin is faster than we think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I was going through Comic Vine and found this one old thread explaining why characters other than Naruto are FTL. His/her main focus was on Sasuke's Jutsu Kirin. These scans are his arguments:

Screen Shot 2019-05-05 at 10.22.09 PM
Screen Shot 2019-05-05 at 10.22.37 PM
He presented this scan from the databook with direct translation here. His point is that Kirin is way faster than the speed of lightning as Sasuke alone could throw ninja tools at speed of 'flash of lightning'.
Note: This is not done by me, but I want to share this to know your opinion on it.

Screen Shot 2019-05-05 at 10.26.57 PM

Stick to the actual descriptions, not captions. Besides, the Official Databook by Viz says nothing about Kirin being LS.

Meaningless. Kirin's speed was made explicit by the manga itself.

Kirin to have the speed of light or something similar, seems to me a translation error or false information.

MostPowerfull said:
Meaningless. Kirin's speed was made explicit by the manga itself.
Kirin to have the speed of light or something similar, seems to me a translation error or false information.
How can it be false information when it was stated that Sasuke and Itachi can throw ninja tools at the speed of lightning? Speed of Kirin > Speed of ninja tools being thrown, no matter how you look at it.

The Kirin itself is already faster than lightning.
The information is false or at least a mistranslation, because it directly contradicts the manga.

Kirin is literal lightning due to the fact that Sasuke had to form thunder clouds to utilize the technique

The databook clearly contradicts the feat

MostPowerfull said:
The Kirin itself is already faster than lightning.
The information is false or at least a mistranslation, because it directly contradicts the manga.
Well, in that case, shouldn't Kirin at the very least be Sub-Relativistic in speed since it is way faster than the speed of lightning?

ZackMoon1234 said:
Kirin is literal lightning due to the fact that Sasuke had to form thunder clouds to utilize the technique
The databook clearly contradicts the feat
Just because it is literal lightning doesn't mean that its only lightning speed, I've already posted a scan proving that Sasuke and Itachi can throw ninja tools in the speed of 'flash of lightning'. Even if you deny that it isn't LS (which is ok) it would at the very least be Sub-Relativistic being leagues above ninja tools being thrown at lightning speeds.

No ... The Kirin is mach 5887 (using 2000m from cloud-ground), perhaps higher depending on the distance you use to the clouds.
The speed of a common lightining accepted in this Wikia is Mach 1293. Or Kirin is already 4.5x faster than a common natural lightining.

MostPowerfull said:
No ... The Kirin is mach 5887 (using 2000m from cloud-ground), perhaps higher depending on the distance you use to the clouds.
The speed of a common lightining accepted in this Wikia is Mach 1293. Or Kirin is already 4.5x faster than a common natural lightining.
Makes sense, but what about Itachi reacting to Kirin? I've seen the calc that was done for the speed of Kirin shot from the clouds. The distance between Itachi and Sasuke was like 10-25 meters and the lightning was shown to be shot from just above Sasuke to Itachi, not from the clouds. Wouldn't this make Itachi's reaction speed way faster?

He would normally scale to the Kirin since it is not a clear indication of where Kirin was when Itachi reacted.

However, a new calculation was launched and will be discussed soon, a little bigger than this and consistent.

MostPowerfull said:
He would normally scale to the Kirin since it is not a clear indication of where Kirin was when Itachi reacted.
However, a new calculation was launched and will be discussed soon, a little bigger than this and consistent.
Nice, I'd like to see that.

M3X said:
The japanese scan say Light speed
k one more ls statement lol now we have 5 ls statement lol

edit:we cant use it cuz it directly contradicts the manga

They take care to mention that kirin uses natural lightning only which is why it takes almost no chakra

Natural lightning is not light speed

isnt it obvious that kirin is amped by chakra what lightning bolts have you guys seen that forms a dragon? there is more evidence for it being amped by chakra and moving faster than lightning .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back