• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kirby vs Sonic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, Kirby can escape dimensions via warp star, what can he do while time stops?
Literally one-shot him. Wasn't it already discussed Sonic's far further into Low-Multi than Kirby? He's in one-shot range. Freeze time, attack him, he's done for. Not that I think Sonic would even start off with this anyways.
Also, you can't say he's never done it outside of gameplay if it's also in the Anime.
The Anime isn't the game. Are you insinuating the Anime's continuity is the same as the game's? Using the Anime as evidence is like me using Archie as evidence for Sonic in the games. What matters is if he uses it in the game during cutscenes, or if it was implied by the plot he needed to use the move within the lore. We could give Super Sonic PASSIVE transmutation as well if we use Base Sonic's profile for turning others into rings within Generations. But we don't, because it was never used in the lore of the games or within the story.
What if Kirby summons the Warp star (thought-based) shoots it at Sonic, THEN transmutes?
When has Kirby ever done so? Is that in character? If not, then it's very unlikely.

Reactions: JED
2- So it kills.
3- What if he summons it like an inch above Sonic
2- =/= means does not equal. In this case, I'm saying that just because an ability can one shot everything in a given verse, that doesn't mean it one-shots anything from any verse.
3 - That's interesting. However, I'm pretty sure using the warp star as a weapon is out of character. Also, when Kirby summons it, does it just pop into existence, or fly in from somewhere else with MFTL+ speed?

Literally one-shot him. Wasn't it already discussed Sonic's far further into Low-Multi than Kirby? He's in one-shot range. Freeze time, attack him, he's done for. Not that I think Sonic would even start off with this anyways.

The Anime isn't the game. Are you insinuating the Anime's continuity is the same as the game's? Using the Anime as evidence is like me using Archie as evidence for Sonic in the games. What matters is if he uses it in the game during cutscenes, or if it was implied by the plot he needed to use the move within the lore. We could give Super Sonic PASSIVE transmutation as well if we use Base Sonic's profile for turning others into rings within Generations. But we don't, because it was never used in the lore of the games or within the story.

When has Kirby ever done so? Is that in character? If not, then it's very unlikely.
1- Yea
2- Wait I was reading to fast, you said gameplay.
3- Bang the pot?

What if Kirby uses the Invincibility candy? It basically just turns him into Super Sonic, but Kirby.
He wouldn't think to do so until sonic proved to be a threat. Also, it only lasts for a short time, and I don't think Kirby could kill sonic before it ran out.

He wouldn't think to do so until sonic proved to be a threat. Also, it only lasts for a short time, and I don't think Kirby could kill sonic before it ran out.
Besides that, Super Sonic has invulnerability negation, so that candy wouldn't mean squat against him

Well I mean, i̶f̶ ̶I̶ ̶s̶a̶w̶ ̶a̶ ̶h̶e̶d̶g̶e̶h̶o̶g̶ ̶b̶a̶s̶i̶c̶a̶l̶l̶y̶ ̶g̶o̶ ̶s̶u̶p̶e̶r̶ ̶S̶a̶i̶y̶a̶n̶,̶ ̶I̶ ̶w̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶f̶e̶e̶l̶ ̶t̶h̶r̶e̶a̶t̶e̶n̶e̶d̶.̶ Also doesn't Super Sonic also run out?

Well I mean, i̶f̶ ̶I̶ ̶s̶a̶w̶ ̶a̶ ̶h̶e̶d̶g̶e̶h̶o̶g̶ ̶b̶a̶s̶i̶c̶a̶l̶l̶y̶ ̶g̶o̶ ̶s̶u̶p̶e̶r̶ ̶S̶a̶i̶y̶a̶n̶,̶ ̶I̶ ̶w̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶f̶e̶e̶l̶ ̶t̶h̶r̶e̶a̶t̶e̶n̶e̶d̶.̶ Also doesn't Super Sonic also run out?
Super sonic doesn't run out fast enough for it to matter for this fight

Just did research, Super Sonic lasts for about 2 minutes, and Kirby lasts for about 2 too
Not accounting for the fact that the Super form can be sustained indefinitely if necessary, Super Sonic can easily last for days at a minimum if need be as seen with Sonic Advance

Last edited:
Just did research, Super Sonic lasts for about 2 minutes, and Kirby lasts for about 2 too
Where in the world did you hear it lasts for 2 minutes? At the very LEAST it lasts days. He was able to maintain the form for days in space at the end of Sonic Advanced. Pretty sure on the wiki, it's assumed he can hold the form indefinitely without it running out

Where in the world did you hear it lasts for 2 minutes? At the very LEAST it lasts days. He was able to maintain the form for days in space at the end of Sonic Advanced. Pretty sure on the wiki, it's assumed he can hold the form indefinitely without it running out
Pretty sure that's how long it lasts in-game, although that falls under game mechanics and thusly doesn't matter for the debate

In the first Sonic game, it lasts until the level is completed. I said 2 minutes because I watched quick gameplay, mb. But since Kirby has a stomach dimension, doesn't he have a bunch of invincible candy in there?

In the first Sonic game, it lasts until the level is completed. I said 2 minutes because I watched quick gameplay, mb. But since Kirby has a stomach dimension, doesn't he have a bunch of invincible candy in there?
As said earlier, sonic ignores invincible candy.

Immeasurable lifting strength means that if sonic wants to fly in a given direction, there's nothing kirby can do about it.

1: Speed is equalized, so yes. 2: Sonic can react.
If speed is equalized (I keep forgetting about that) then he would be able to inhale as it has the pull of a black hole. Also if they both run at each other, each step takes up space, Sonic will fly into it, while Kirby covers the ground every step, and the pull of the inhale would pull him in.

If speed is equalized (I keep forgetting about that) then he would be able to inhale as it has the pull of a black hole. Also if they both run at each other, each step takes up space, Sonic will fly into it, while Kirby covers the ground every step, and the pull of the inhale would pull him in.
Sonic could easily escape from a black hole.

Also even is speed equalized Sonic is MFTL, he can easily outpace a black hole (did so in Base). Worst case scenario, as Super Sonic, he can easily just teleport out of the black hole’s pull

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back