• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kirby vs Sonic

Status
Not open for further replies.
What if he's constantly moving at MFTL+ speeds, chasing with the inhale.
They would, more or less, not move relative to each other. The event horizon of a black hole accelerates matter (and energy like light) inwards at ~1c, while sonic and kirby are traveling at millions of times the speed of light at least.

They would, more or less, not move relative to each other. The event horizon of a black hole accelerates matter (and energy like light) inwards at ~1c, while sonic and kirby are traveling at millions of times the speed of light at least.
Fair, what if Sonic just zooms at Kirby, landing for a punch, but this time he uses Ice? Thus, freezing him.

Last edited:
Fair, what if Sonic just zooms at Kirby, landing for a punch, but this time he uses Ice? Thus, freezing him.
That wouldn't happen. Kirby would already be defeated due to them being in one-shot range. Thus after a single attack, he would already be unconscious or dead. Has Kirby ever canonically fought this clever? From what I've seen and the little I've played, outside of gameplay, he doesn't fight as you seem to depict it.

Assuming Kirby did freeze him, Sonic would effortlessly break out anyways since even Base Sonic is capable of doing so (he has a listed resistance to ice manipulation). Not to mention, I would assume it would first need to bypass Super Sonic's forcefield.

this thread already happened like days ago and we concluded that it was a stomp. Yes, the same type of thread.

That wouldn't happen. Kirby would already be defeated due to them being in one-shot range. Thus after a single attack, he would already be unconscious or dead. Has Kirby ever canonically fought this clever? From what I've seen and the little I've played, outside of gameplay, he doesn't fight as you seem to depict it.

Assuming Kirby did freeze him, Sonic would effortlessly break out anyways since even Base Sonic is capable of doing so (he has a listed resistance to ice manipulation). Not to mention, I would assume it would first need to bypass Super Sonic's forcefield.
His fights never has been as serious as this one, and I said before the punch hit, or he can stop time with Beam. Then transmutate Sonic.

Last edited:
His fights never has been as serious as this one, and I said before the punch hit, or he can stomp time with Beam. Then transmutate Sonic.
He wouldn't know it was his most serious fight until after Sonic attacks. After which, he would already be dead due to the huge AP gap. Even so, Kirby's never approached any other serious threats with the same method as you're suggesting. That might be a method the player uses whilst they control him, but not something Kirby does within the actual story of the games.

ok, so the main arguments for sonic winning seem to be ap to oneshot and time freeze

Kirby has High-Mid regeneration even without counting the ghost form, so a single punch isn't enough. Also have you ever heard of this concept called, dodging ? because Kirby can do that

also he resists time stop

ok, so the main arguments for sonic winning seem to be ap and time freeze

Kirby has High-Mid regeneration even without counting the ghost form, so a single punch isn't enough. Also have you ever heard of this concept called, dodging ? because Kirby can do that

also he resists time stop
1) You don't get with multipliers higher in Tier 2, so a difference between 15 universes to 300+ universes is basically infinite

2) Sonic's time stop bypasses resistance to time stop, as it stops in time characters who resist time stop. He doesn't start with it anyways

1) You don't get with multipliers higher in Tier 2, so a difference between 15 universes to 300+ universes is basically infinite
Do you even have a single clue how that works ?

difference between Low 2-C and 2-C is because energy needed to cross universes is unquantifiable, saying the same applies to levels of 2-C is straight up misinterpreting how things work.

also again, dodging exists and is something kirby is very good at

2) Sonic's time stop bypasses resistance to time stop, as it stops in time characters who resist time stop. He doesn't start with it anyways

okay

anyway, Kirby's go-to move is throw a friend heart at it, and that scales above Void which is the source of heart across all dimension so it ***** on Dark Gaias' potency, so the puffball can easily win too

He wouldn't know it was his most serious fight until after Sonic attacks. After which, he would already be dead due to the huge AP gap. Even so, Kirby's never approached any other serious threats with the same method as you're suggesting. That might be a method the player uses whilst they control him, but not something Kirby does within the actual story of the games.
Even if he didn't know it was serious, he would have still taken it as if it was a fight, also when he "dies" he turns into Ghost Kirby, so when he gets punched and turns into Ghost Kirby he'll know it's serious and revive himself.

congrats creep. You could've let the previous match stay the way it was, a stomp. But nope, you had to go and put Kirby against the second strongest 2-C character and now we have a big ass loss on Kirby's page. Freaking bravo, that is what happens when you begin reviving threads that should've been burried ages ago.

this thread already happened like days ago and we concluded that it was a stomp. Yes, the same type of thread.
So should the matchup result be removed from both pages then?

actually now that i think about it Sonic would win either way prior to Kirby using any of the abilities he uses and Sonic often uses time stop as well.

This is indeed a stomp. it probably should be removed.
So should the matchup result be removed from both pages then?

actually now that i think about it Sonic would win either way prior to Kirby using any of the abilities he uses and Sonic often uses time stop as well.

This is indeed a stomp. it probably should be removed.
Kirby has ways to win here, and Sonic's wincons are thought based or instant. He doesn't also start with hax

Kirby has ways to win here, and Sonic's wincons are thought based or instant. He doesn't also start with hax
i feel like just having wincons isn't enough when you pretty much never lead with that specific one. You can have wincons and still be stomped, though it is hard to call em wincons. Rather in Kirby's case they are abilities that could give him a win if he used them, which he does like 1 in 50 times. Meanwhile Sonic has a wincon right off the bat, pulverizing kirby with a punch and then pulverizing his soul the same way.

i feel like just having wincons isn't enough when you pretty much never lead with that specific one. You can have wincons and still be stomped, though it is hard to call em wincons. Rather in Kirby's case they are abilities that could give him a win if he used them, which he does like 1 in 50 times. Meanwhile Sonic has a wincon right off the bat, pulverizing kirby with a punch and then pulverizing his soul the same way.
I'm pretty sure that's still decisive. Here is what the stomp page says

also "these matches are heavily one-sided and provide little to no challenge or danger for the winning character." pretty sure that fits the bill

I just want Creep to stop stonewalling with already addressed arguments lol

congrats creep. You could've let the previous match stay the way it was, a stomp. But nope, you had to go and put Kirby against the second strongest 2-C character and now we have a big ass loss on Kirby's page. Freaking bravo, that is what happens when you begin reviving threads that should've been burried ages ago.
uh, thank you, "that is what happens when you begin reviving threads that should've been buried ages ago" what happened?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back