• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kirby: Multi-Galaxy/Universal upgrade with super abilities

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mandfireguy21 said:
This seems interesting. The Super Abilities are, after all, massive buffs to Kirby.
Besides, even Magolor destroying that universe could not necessarily mean Kirby needs SUCH a high buff to AP. You could think of it like Master Crown releasing a blast with all its power after the one that possesses it is defeated (I don't remember if the artifact is destroyed). Perhaps Master Crown is itself 3-A, but Magolor was just a reality warping 3-B or even 3-C. Think on a nuclear reactor: Detonating all that fuel can reach 7-B, when not 7-A, but the energy production is often barely 9-A.
The artifact is, in fact, destroyed.

Seeing how Kirby uses the Ultra Sword to finish off Magolor EX (3-B), we can only assume Kirby's Super Abilities could perchance have achieved the same effect against Magolor Soul if we want to consider a possible 3-A rating for them.

This is true. And the strain put on his limbs from the traction forces of such blows imply Kirby's limbs -- and, by extension, him -- have Tier 3 Durability, as said by Cal Howard. As Sectonia is pretty much featless, we can consider her to be scaled to Kirby and not the opposite, thus possibly removing Magolor's battle as an outlier, or at least so in the scope of a superabilities-using Kirby.

An administrator should be called: Kirby's superabilities' tier should be raised to High 3-B, possibly 3-A. His Attack Potency will be so for Superabilities, and his Durability should be raised to Multi-Galaxy level either with or both with and without superabilities.

Well, I highlighted this topic yesterday, but if the other staff members are uninterested, and given that we previously considered Magolor as an outlier, Kirby will likely stay the same.

Also, please stop quoting each other repeatedly back and forth. It spams the page with unnecessary text.

Oh, sorry. XD

And hey, couldn't this whole "Magolor is outlier" thing be revised? I could make the thread later. And anyways, don't you think the thread maker has a point? At least in superabilities' terms, Kirby should be 3-B.

EDIT: I removed the quote on my last reply. Sorry for the inconvenience.

I do not know. I would like to see what the rest of the staff thinks.

Antvasima said:
Well, I highlighted this topic yesterday, but if the other staff members are uninterested, and given that we previously considered Magolor as an outlier, Kirby will likely stay the same.

Also, please stop quoting each other repeatedly back and forth. It spams the page with unnecessary text.
I don't know why Super Abilities would fall under the outlier category, as they're clearly a new form. It's like saying Darkspine (when he was universal), or SSG's Multi-Galaxy feat was an outlier. All of these cases are with other forms.

^ This.

Also, on a less relevant note, I think it's acceptable to assume all of the others who have attempted to get Kirby buffed were actually referring to the Super Abilities, but simply forgot to specify.

Well, regardless, I would much prefer if we could get input from more VS Battles Staff members before accepting this.

You can place polite messages on their message walls, that link to this thread, if you wish.

Well, if Kirby did indeed have these power-ups during his fight with Magolor, then an upgrade would be warranted as it'd not be an outlier anymore.

Just saw this.

Played RtD fairly recently. Don't agree with these upgrades. I've been one of the biggest supporters and defenders of Tier 3 Magolor on this site, but I still don't think he scales to Kirby, or any of his abilities. Kirby doesn't even need the Super Abilities to hurt Mags. He does it just fine on his own. The SAs are only used to break through barriers Magolor puts up at specific points during the battle.

I agree with Azathoth on this, the fact that Kirby can hurt Magolor without his Super Abilities makes this whole situation kinda iffy for me and imo we should disregard scaling with Magolor completely instead of using some aspect of his feat in the game if we call it an outlier. Hey don't eat me alive i am just pointing out what i see on the situation.

I understand what you are both saying, but other new forms have had the previous forms damage the higher being. Just look at the aforementioned SSG Goku vs Beerus. (I'm aware only SSG was doing real damage, but Goku and Vegeta were able to annoy him in base/SSJ.) That would be more on the PIS than on the SAs. To compromise, maybe Kirby should get the Undyne the Undying treatment and get Unknown, likely 3-B.

The Super Abilities aren't a power that gets absorbed and Kirby keeps forever, though. They only perform a few incredibly powerful attacks, and nothing more is shown.

Isn't that the point of it getting its own key though? Because he doesn't keep it forever (hence the previous Darkspine comparison)?

Ok. I added my opinion. So I'm just going to stay out of it from now on and let the pros take over. For the record, I'm being sincere.

If Kirby can still damage Magolor without the super abilities, we should probably continue to treat this as an outlier.

Antvasima said:
If Kirby can still damage Magolor without the super abilities, we should probsbly continue to treat this as an outlier.
But the Super Abilities wouldn't be an outlier at all.

Base Kirby: Has things that contradict hurting Magolor due to past games.

Super Abilities: Has nothing to contradict hurting Magolor. The respective game is literally it's only appearance.

It's not the abilities, it's that if Kirby can still hurt Magolor without the Super Abilities, it's still an outlier as Kirby doesn't need them to hurt or beat Magolor.

MarvelFanatic119 said:
It's not the abilities, it's that if Kirby can still hurt Magolor without the Super Abilities, it's still an outlier as Kirby doesn't need them to hurt or beat Magolor.
Kirby hurting Magolor without Super Abilities: Outlier

Kiry using Super Abilities to hurt Magolor: Not an Outlier

Kirby hurting Magolor REGARDLESS if possessing the Super Abilites or not: Outlier

Also, if what Azzy's saying is true, Kirby just needs them to break Magolor's barriers, he can hurt Magolor on his own just fine, which is an Outlier.

MarvelFanatic119 said:
Kirby hurting Magolor REGARDLESS if possessing the Super Abilites or not: Outlier
Also, if what Azzy's saying is true, Kirby just needs them to break Magolor's barriers, he can hurt Magolor on his own just fine, which is an Outlier.
So what part of the Super Abilities is an outlier?

It's a form who's ONLY apparence showcases that feat. Sure there are other moments in the fight that are an outlier, but not the moment where Kirby uses the Super Ability. There's nothing else to scale the Super Abilities to. Kirby used them to damage a multi-galaxy being's shields and there's nothing to take that fact away.

We cannot cherry-pick which parts of a certain closely connected event that is or is not an outlier. If we dismiss part of it, we dismiss all of it.

And there lies the problem.

You said that Kirby can only hurt and beat Magolor if he uses the Super Abilities, right?

But, if he only uses them to break the barrier and his regular self can hurt Magolor, then that defeats the entire premise of this thread. You just admitted that.

It's like if Goku was fighting Beerus and he only used his SSG form to break his defense and then switch back to base form to hurt him. It would make no sense whatsoever. SSG scales to nothing as well but if Base Goku can hurt Beerus just fine then it's just an outlier and that defeats the entire purpose to use that form. Not to mention it's an incosistentcy.

Antvasima said:
We cannot cherry-pick which parts of a certain closely connected event that is or is not an outlier. If we dismiss part of it, we dismiss all of it.
Well what else do we scale the Super Abilities to then?

I do think something that might help Kirby's case is that he not only used the super abilitys to break the shield,if you notice he also uses them to deliver the finishing blow on Magolor and "Kill" Magolor causing the creation of Magolors soul. I do suppose the fact that Kirby didn't need said abilitys to kill Magolors soul form could be an outlier,I just think that this one feat somewhat helps cement the power that the super abilitys have because otherwise they are featless.

As I've already stated, Kirby doesn't need the Super Abilities to hurt Magolor. In fact, he eats away at most of his HP on his own, and only needs the abilities at very specific points in the fight to break barriers Magolor puts up.

@Azathoth Agreed. Should we close this topic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back