• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

King vs Kidd: Redo

Kidd's gonna be basically hitting an immovable object the whole fight.
Gets his constructs shredded by King's slashing Danmaku, slings and arrows, and gets super held off by how spammy King is in character while staying at a ridiculously long distance which Kid can't close unless with harpoons--- which just ping off King's body for Lunarian dura bs.

You can argue LS advantage for Kid for throwing Big Mom around but Zoro's LS scales around that for holding off Hakai (even if for a second) and King flat out threw him like a baseball after breaking through his own offense when using hybrid form.

Kid can't hurt him, and if he can he'd have a ridiculously hard time reaching him, while King can just lay back and spam him to oblivion, and have no reason to use his sword like he did with Zoro (since Kid's not a sword user).

Voting King

Asides from Snook's reasons, King can self-destruct and one-shot Kidd if he does any normal attacks like what he did with Big Mom until Law arrived (which is in-character for Kidd), and Kidd has no onscreen Buso to defend himself with and lacks Zoro's reactions.

King blitzes with Pride Stake (and can amp himself with flames off and Zoan form), and dominates at range with Danmaku (which like Snook said will destroy Kidd's metal constructs) and flames.

Asides from maybe crushing, Kidd is not getting past that flame-on durability.

King is also smarter and more level headed.

His Hybrid Form had Zoro coughing blood and his Zoan form pressured Enma Zoro, so he can wail on Kidd with his Zoan form until Kidd collapses since he'll likely be too fast for Kidd to grab.

Wait, I thought the last time this match was made, it was a stomp in Kidd's favor due to his magnetism and it was changed to Kidd vs Law. What's different here?

Wait, I thought the last time this match was made, it was a stomp in Kidd's favor due to his magnetism and it was changed to Kidd vs Law. What's different here?
Well I've looked at other vs threads made regarding Kidd, such as the Zoro one, and it was concluding that Kidd can't just insta-pin someone with magnetism, he needs to actually touch them first.

Well I've looked at other vs threads made regarding Kidd, such as the Zoro one, and it was concluding that Kidd can't just insta-pin someone with magnetism, he needs to actually touch them first.
Shouldn't that be listed on his page in the weaknesses section, then?

Shouldn't that be listed on his page in the weaknesses section, then?
Not really, it's just pointing out that he can't just point at someone and make them magnetized with Awakening.

And King can keep him at a distance for sure.

No, he just needs to aim it.
Kidd can just pin King and crush him or blast a hole in him with Damned Punk.
Kidd's gonna be basically hitting an immovable object the whole fight.
Gets his constructs shredded by King's slashing Danmaku, slings and arrows, and gets super held off by how spammy King is in character while staying at a ridiculously long distance which Kid can't close unless with harpoons--- which just ping off King's body for Lunarian dura bs.

You can argue LS advantage for Kid for throwing Big Mom around but Zoro's LS scales around that for holding off Hakai (even if for a second) and King flat out threw him like a baseball after breaking through his own offense when using hybrid form.

Kid can't hurt him, and if he can he'd have a ridiculously hard time reaching him, while King can just lay back and spam him to oblivion, and have no reason to use his sword like he did with Zoro (since Kid's not a sword user).

Voting King
Yeah King slices it apart and Kidd puts it back together.

Yeah, assuming he has as much scrap as he did vs Kaido, and double-assuming King hits him with attacks that are barely aimed at him like Kaido was. I don't see him putting it back there.

Also even if Assign pins King Kidd is doing zero damage afterwards. King tanks it all. If Kid gets close, King self-detonates. After King realizes up close gets him stuck, he'll keep a distance like with Zoro and King is a sitting duck from that point on

I don't know if Kid has Dura-neg or something like it to bypass King's dura, but Lunarian tankiness isn't faltering against Kid's bashing. Assuming King falls for it once, he's not getting caught again based on the sheer range advantage he has over Kid. At most Kid takes his sword and pretty much almost nothing changes because King can overwhelm him massively with just ranged attacks (slashing, exploding and his headbutt having dura neg/gigantic aoe for some reason)

In that scan, Kidd had to get pretty close to BM.

King is not gonna let him get close to him at all.
Kidd can just pin King and crush him
Needs to get close enough to Assign him, at which point King can one-shot via explosion
or blast a hole in him with Damned Punk.
Needs to pin him or he'll easily dodge. Also, King could likely survive it with Flames On.
He didn't put it together, he just slammed the top half forward with momentum. Why do you think it fell apart after Big Mom blocked it with a building? It had no stable structure left.

In that scan, Kidd had to get pretty close to BM.

King is not gonna let him get close to him at all.

Needs to get close enough to Assign him, at which point King can one-shot via explosion

Needs to pin him or he'll easily dodge. Also, King could likely survive it with Flames On.

He didn't put it together, he just slammed the top half forward with momentum. Why do you think it fell apart after Big Mom blocked it with a building? It had no stable structure left.
Yeah, King's gonna let him get close but Kidd will just repel him into a wall and crush him.
Good thing he doesn't start with Assign, but he'll do it when push comes to shove.

Yeah, King's gonna let him get close but Kidd will just repel him into a wall and crush him.
How is he crushing him?
Kid with the MOST MASS HE COULD GATHER couldn't crush Kaido, who got injured by Zoro who could NOT put a scratch on King. He automatically negs the crushing based off Kaido doing it as well

Good thing he doesn't start with Assign, but he'll do it when push comes to shove.
Kidd needs to use a notable amount of metal for Repel, like with Big Mom when he made a metal brace cover her arm before Repelling her.

Kaido literally has 2 big chains on him in Base and Hybrid, yet Kidd couldn't Repel him.

Even if he lasts long enough to use Assign, King won't let him get close enough via ranged attacks.

I know Grace is basically over (and I'll add this to both their profiles), but it's also worth noting that King's Omori Karyudon (which is a really solid ranged attack) is not only vastly stronger than his Imperial flames (which by themselves burned Zoro despite the latter's heat resistance), but King was confident that Omori Karyudon would kill Zoro despite Zoro having matched all his previous forms, so if it hits Kidd it could possibly end Kidd's entire career then and there.

I know that grace is over, but I'll vote for King based on everyone's reasons. I mean, Kidd didn't even use any Haki during his fight with Big Mom for some odd reason. Makes me wonder how proficient he actually is with it and how much he relies on his Devil Fruit powers for combat. King's just got a lot going for him with his techniques that he can stack on one another, and he could probably endure the worst Kidd's magnetism can do.

I know that grace is over, but I'll vote for King based on everyone's reasons. I mean, Kidd didn't even use any Haki during his fight with Big Mom for some odd reason. Makes me wonder how proficient he actually is with it and how much he relies on his Devil Fruit powers for combat. King's just got a lot going for him with his techniques that he can stack on one another, and he could probably endure the worst Kidd's magnetism can do.
The only way Kidd can kill him (since King has no reason to turn his flames off) is by crushing his organs w/ Punk Vise, but that'll be impossible for a few reasons:

1. King's base is as fast as Kidd (via scaling to Zoro and Hybrid Marco), so the speed amp that his Zoan form gives him will let him outspeed Kidd.

2. If Kidd gets close, King will one-shot him with an explosion, which would've killed Zoro (who is about as durable as Kidd, as both took similar hits from the Yonko) had Zoro not used his Buso Haki.

3. Related to the above, King's flight combined with his wind danmaku and Imperial Flame Dragons will let him control the battlefield.

On a related note, King is smarter and more level headed by far, so he can focus while Kidd may lose his temper if King insults him like how he insults Queen.

The only way Kidd can kill him (since King has no reason to turn his flames off) is by crushing his organs w/ Punk Vise, but that'll be impossible for a few reasons:

1. King's base is as fast as Kidd (via scaling to Zoro and Hybrid Marco), so the speed amp that his Zoan form gives him will let him outspeed Kidd.

2. If Kidd gets close, King will one-shot him with an explosion, which would've killed Zoro (who is about as durable as Kidd, as both took similar hits from the Yonko) had Zoro not used his Buso Haki.

3. Related to the above, King's flight combined with his wind danmaku and Imperial Flame Dragons will let him control the battlefield.

On a related note, King is smarter and more level headed by far, so he can focus while Kidd may lose his temper if King insults him like how he insults Queen.
King lost his shit when Zoro took off his mask.
If Kidd can do that, and enrage King, he might win because that'll throw King off majorly.

Back