• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

King K. Rool Downgrade

King K. Rool should be downgraded because his country level stats are based off the fact that he scales to DK's moon punch feat even though that feat occurred WAY after K. Rool ever fought DK and he lost all relevance. There hasn't been any moments after the moon feat where K. Rool has come back and even posed a challenge to DK.

For this, I think K. Rool should be downgraded to island level or so for possibly surviving his island's destruction in DKC2: https://youtu.be/EARQn1kw6Qk?t=2m28s

Desthetical said:
I don't think Donkey Kong grew that much stronger.
Proof? There's no reason K. Rool should be allowed to scale to future installments, ESPECIALLY if there's such a huge upgrade involved

HomestuckLover1 said:
Desthetical said:
I don't think Donkey Kong grew that much stronger.
Proof? There's no reason K. Rool should be allowed to scale to future installments, ESPECIALLY if there's such a huge upgrade involved
There's no proof he grew tremendously stronger.

Mind you, when did the moon feat happen? I forgot

There's no proof K. Rool scales after the feat either

The feat happened in Donkey Kong Country Returns, a game K. Rool was never present in, and he was never present in any games after that, so once again, I see no reason for scaling

HomestuckLover1 said:
There's no proof K. Rool scales after the feat either
The feat happened in Donkey Kong Country Returns, a game K. Rool was never present in, and he was never present in any games after that, so once again, I see no reason for scaling
That makes sense I guess

I don't know. As Desthetical said, if DK did not receive any power-ups, K.Rool might scale. However, if he does not, we probably have to place him at "Unknown".

Antvasima said:
I don't know. As Desthetical said, if DK did not receive any power-ups, K.Rool might scale. However, if he does not, we probably have to place him at "Unknown".
DK could have very much so got stronger tho. Like I said, that game gave the DK series a MASSIVE upgrade and by that point K. Rool had already lost relevance

So, what do the rest of you think? Should we place K.Rool at unknown ratings instead?

Let's wait to see what more established members think. Metabro strictly joined to take part of the Legend of Zelda downgrade discussion.

As Antvasima stated it depends on whether or not he got stronger. If Donkey did get an upgrade in strength, then I agree with the downgrade, I suppose. Unknown is fine, tanking something can't translate to tier or AP.

Antvasima said:
Let's wait to see what more established members think. Metabro strictly joined to take part of the Legend of Zelda downgrade discussion.
Why would what they have posted on thus far have to do with voicing an opinion on this completely unrelated topic have to do with it?

Unknown sounds correct. DK may not have massively shot up in strength due to plot or anything, but this feat was a HUGE leap in power, it's not safe to directly scale them anymore, K. Rool ain't been around for years.

On the second thought, was there any feat that K. Rool scaled to prior to DKCR? I think that should be looked into before just settling with an unknown rating

@ Meta He scales to DK's crazy feats from Jungle Beat since that took place before his last appearance as a villain in Jungle Climber

@ShadMorgen People here have to earn my trust about their reliability, and mostly single-issue accounts have not done so yet.

@All I have placed K.Rool at Unknown ratings.

Okay then. You can modify his profile to unknown ratings if you wish.

I object. As others have said above there's no concrete evidence DK's gotten stronger since K. Rool fought him. Was this even enough input for a downgrade?

Well, I can ask Dino Ranger Black for input.

As far as I'm concern, I see no issue with scaling K.Rool to DK. Yes, the feat happened in DKCR which came out after the DKC trilogy (Judging from the Returns in the title) but Donkey Kong himself isn't an anime character where his strength is reliant on series progression or extensive training and as Cropfist said, there's nothing stating DK have gotten stronger due to such unless one wishes to take the DK rap seriously. I suggest compromise by rating K.Rool Island level, Possibly Country level with a Massively Hypersonic rating since he fought Dixie and Kiddy, who were able to dodged lightning in the Lightning Lookout level in DKC3. He fought DK and the other Kongs enough times to warrant such ratings.

Yes. Of course. Should the other main characters (Chunky, etcetera) be scaled backwards from Donkey Kong as well?

Okay. Feel free to change their pages as well then.

I will unlock it, but prefer if DRB handles the scaling.

Back