• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kinetic Energy for storm/clouds feats

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are still some KE calcs that are allowed but they require a strict criteria I recall

I don't think KE isn't allowed anymore tbh. I think that is a misunderstanding.

There was a brief period in the past were we, for some reason, assumed by default that if a storm was created the clouds were just pulled there from below the horizon and used KE to calc that.

Then we eventually changed to the reasonable practice of using the low end of the usual storm creation methods (CAPE, Condensation or KE) to calculate the result if we don't know how the storm was created.

Since KE usually gives way higher results than CAPE we basically "stopped using KE" for storm feats. However, that is really only the case if we don't know how the storm was created (and it is reasonably large).

In cases were we know that clouds are actually moved I believe we still use KE by current standards.

Yep, that's equal to 1/12 m v^2 (though saying v might be kinda strange...)

In any case I have edited the page accordingly, so if nobody has anything to else to say we are done here.

Idk I have no overview over all calcs ever made ┬»\_(Òâä)_/┬»

I mean I could always tell you to evaluate all of them

So this can be closed unless there's something else you wish to mention

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back