• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kill la Kill: The S.S Naked Sun's durability

Status
Not open for further replies.
So after that discussion a few days ago regarding an upgrade for Ryuko, I went to watch ep 20 - 22 and realized a few things regarding the ship's durability:

The S.S Naked Sun's durability is currently rated as Country level (Tore inside the PLF without any scratch).

But from ep 20 to 22 the ship got damaged multiple times by Junketsu Ryuko, Senketsu Satsuki, the clash between TLFS Ryuko and Nui. Nui was about the sink the ship with her purple scissor blade as well.

Screenshots:

20.MP4 snapshot 20.30 -2016.09.12 17.31.34-
Junketsu Ryuko made a crater on the ship by landing on it

21.MP4 snapshot 06.26 -2016.09.12 17.36.26-
Senjin Shippu Satsuki

22.MP4 snapshot 04.43 -2016.09.12 17.41.08-
Ryuko vs Nui

Your thoughts?

Well what S.S. Naked Sun did in Episode 23 would still be a Country level dura feat. But there now might be an issue as to whether or not this is an outlier.

Rewatching the episodes you mentioned, it seems like the ship's dura as a whole is rather inconsistent. With Junketsu Ryuko, Nui and even Base Gamagori (who we have as 8-A here) being capable of slightly damaging it.

Then in literally the next episode, it tanks an combined attack from the Elite 4 at their greatest forms. Along with the Country level dura feat.

However if we don't scale to the ship, there is still an issue with EoS Ryuko. Being we don't know her actual tier. The "7-A" wasn't the result of any calc rather an assumption based upon other calcs. There is also the potential of using the Scissor Blades' KE, however we are having conflicts with KE as a whole on this site right now.

So perhaps we either keep Ryuko's tier as it is for right now. Or set it to "Unknown." Until we settle the issues I brought up with her above.

Ryukama said:
The "7-A" wasn't the result of any calc rather an assumption based upon other calcs. There is also the potential of using the Scissor Blades' KE, however we are having conflicts with KE as a whole on this site right now.
You mean using the size of the Scissor Blades established here to find the KE?

@Byakushiki Yes. But once again there are current issues with KE as a whole. So that will have to wait.

What do you think of my other suggestions?

I mean in regards to setting the ship's dura and EoS Ryuko's current AP as Unknown for now.

Are we sure that the damages in the ship were anything more than aesthetics? At worst chip damage? It clearly wasn't enough to keep the ship from functioning. The fear it uses now should be of more importance and take priority to showiness.

@Cal I guess that could be reasonable. The ship piercing the Life Fiber is one of the most significant moments in the story, and might be of higher importance than a simple fight scene with some aesthetics in the background. And this thing does have other showings to support high end dura as well (like the Elite 4 attack thing)

However I am still not entirely certain, and would like to see what others have to say.

I can see where Cal is coming from. The Naked Sun was 700m long, 100m wide and very high. The damages from the battle with Junketsu Ryuko, Satsuki and Nui were a couple of craters 3m deep at best and some metal sheets ripping apart, nothing serious. It was the battle afterwards that did the most damage.

The ship endured 3-4 series of missiles from the PLF and a couple of attack from that giant COVERS thing and was still afloat, although one of the engines went down. Once Mako and the rest started it up again, the ship accelerated immensely without breaking apart and went straight through the Fiber still in one piece. It then crashed in the arena and only the top part of it broke dow, so yeah, that thing should be pretty durable.

Now for the part with the EoS Ryuko. When Hoomaru was in that big robot thing, the Defcon system I believe, she grabbed the Naked Sun and threw it at Ryuko. Although it was still damaged, Ryuko cut through both the ship and the robot, and also sunk the whole Honno City in the sea.

So all in all, I don't see a problem with the current scaling with EoS Ryuko or the durability of the ship.

EDIT: On a completely unrelated note and while we're at it, I changed base Satsuki's image to a render I just made. Is it any good or should I revert it?

@Scarlet I really like it a lot. I think we should keep it.

I, too, agree with Cal and Scarlet.

Seems like Cal and Scarlet's main points of contention were that feats that are extremely significant moments in the plot and shift the entire course of events for the series should take priority over what happened in the background of lesser fight scenes for most likely pure aesthetics. On top of there being other showings that support high end dura. As well as the damage that happened in the backgriund being very insignificant, as opposed to Ryuko obliterating the ship.

It also seems like a good amount of staff members agrees with that. So I guess this is rather safely concluded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back