• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kill la Kill Slight Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

WeeklyBattles

VS Battles
Retired
Long time coming, Ryuko's current High 6-A feat was recalced to a higher level of High 6-A here, so the current High 6-As (Kisaragi Ryuko and Shinra Koketsu Ragyo) would be bumped up to

Checks result...

5-C

Not much else to say really. Discuss.

Last edited:
This seems straightforward enough to apply.

Okay. If he writes a corrected version in the comments section, I can copy-paste it into the blog later.

I'm pretty sure it does linearly decrease in value in this case. The relevant factors for KE are Mass and Speed^2. Mass is Volume * a constant. Volume is Width * Height * Depth * some other constants. Only depth is changing here (Unlike in Update 1 where the downsizing afected Width, Heigth, Depth and Speed^2, hence why I raised that factor to the fifth power). It also doesn't affect speed because we calculated that from the radius, which as I said is not affected here.
But whatever, I'll just do the whole thing from the beginning like it should be done.

From what I remember of the blog, it seems to have been rejected.

Should we close this thread then?

Our standard praxis is to first get a new version of a calculation accepted, and then ask some calc group members to discuss which version that is more reliable in the calc group forum.

From what I remember of the blog, it seems to have been rejected.

Should we close this thread then?
Read my post above. It was "rejected" because Mitch wasn't sure about a method I used. But I'll recalc the whole thing without it and probably get the same result. I'll post it here when I'm done.

Itachi is probably right though.

Yes. We should close this thread and wait until a new calculation has been accepted until a calc group forum thread is opened. Currently this only wastes all of our time for no gain.

Width of Japan = 17.1 px
Except the perspective makes vertical lines seem smaller than they should, so assuming its a perfectly circular hole we calculate the "eccentricity" as:
294.5px / 136.3px = 2.16067498
(Using this eccentricity yields a lower end result than not using it by the way)
17.1 px * 2.16067498 = 36.9 px
Therefore Width of Japan = 36.9 px = 233.3 km
233.3 km / 36.9 px = 6.3225 km per px
Top of Hole Diameter = 494.1 px = 3132.94 km
Top of Hole Radius = 1561.97 km
Bottom of Hole Diameter = 294.5 px = 1861.97 km
Bottom of Hole Radius = 930.99 km
Hole Depth = 34.2 px = 216.23 km
Truncated Cone Volume = 1.078e+18 m^3
95% Hollowness Volume = (1.078e+18 m^3)*(0.05) = 5.39e+16 m^3
Density of Silk = 1310 kg/m3
Mass = (1.217e+17 m^3)* 1310 kg/m3 = 7.061e+19 kg
Distance is average of the two Radius'
Distance = (930990 + 1561970)/2 = 1246480 Meters
Timeframe is actually closer to 12 Seconds as Ryuko starts stabbing through the Cocoon at 14:04 and the hole is seen on her background at 14:16.
Velocity = 1246480 Meters / 12 Seconds = 103873.333 m/s
KE = (1/12)*(Mass)*(Speed of Movement)^2
KE = (1/12)*(7.061e+19 kg)*(103873.333^2) = 6.35e28 J
Divided by the other factor is 6.35e28 J/(1.01354629^5) = 5.936846e28 Joules

See? Exact same result.

So at the very least it has not been rejected yet. Not until something that actually needs changing the blog comes up.

@Cinder High end High 6-A.

I suggest you write to my message wall because I suspect if we keep talking about random things here Ant will kill the thread.

I have to unsubscribe from this thread due to time constraints. You can notify me later via my message wall if you need my help after you have reached a conclusion. Alternately, a staff member can use the @Username notification system.

Ok. Mitch apparently has no more issues with the math, but he said that he doesn't know which of all the different calculations for this feat should be actually used. And that other calc members have differing opinions on the matter. So that should probably be seriously discussed before changing anything.

Ant already gave the goahead on the calc comments but if anyone else has anythng to add go for it

Ik my opinion is useless at this point, but I 100% agree with the upgrades.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back