• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Keysword Resistance Negation?

That was already discussed, it's just layered hax. Despite how many times I've heard the claim that the Keysword can say no to/literally remove resistances, it sure seems to... not do that.
Oh interesting, so you already knew about the scans and were just wasting everyone’s time then by saying it wasn’t there.

Yeah, thanks for at least sending something but this isn't resistance negg

So unless there's something else for it's case... resistance negg just, doesn't exist for the Keysword?

Probably not, we’ll fix that later. Might be a remnant of before where everyone (as in multiple verses) was getting resistance negation for just more layers.

Resistance Negation (With Time Power given from Time Power Unleashed Chronoa, True Form Tokitoki and Demigra, the sword gained the ability to negate the resistances toward its power and abilities[4]).

Again read the page Green sent with this context

Resistances​

Possessing Time Power also grant its users the resistances toward its power and abilities, make them resists the effects of comparable or weaker Time Power that target them, which includes these following abilities:

Start from this point ^

Let me break this down as simply as I can. There are two claims for the Keysword having resistance negation. This:

Resistance Negation (With Time Power given from Time Power Unleashed Chronoa, True Form Tokitoki and Demigra, the sword gained the ability to negate the resistances toward its power and abilities[4]).

and this:

Time Power user can nullify comparable or weaker Time Power[2] and negate the resistance toward its effects[1] due to possessing stronger[19] Time Power

The latter is just layered hax, and not resistance negation. Now the former could work... but a scan of that claim has not been provided. The only reference is for the entire game the supposed feat is from, and I shouldn't have to explain why that isn't easily accessible.

TL;DR: One justification is invalid, the other lacks a scan. And considering Vietthai started this thread by saying the resistance neg was from time power, I'm starting to think the latter justification is the only one, meaning it'll have to be removed.

Are the pages still not properly sourced?
Apparently not.

Resistances​

Possessing Time Power also grant its users the resistances toward its power and abilities, make them resists the effects of comparable or weaker Time Power that target them, which includes these following abilities:

Start from this point ^
Again, that's layered hax, not resistance negation. By the way, I can't take the resistance to resistance negation seriously when it's yet another untranslated scan.

Damn, can't someone just translate what's on the card then upload it on Imgur? Also, those complaining about untranslated stuffs, just get yourself deepl

Ah, alright then. That's good to know.

Also, this wasn't an attempt to disguise a CRT as anything, I genuinely wanted to know the sources for some of this stuff before realizing it was less valid than I thought. I still maintain the probability hax aren't a thing, though.
In that case, it should be removed along with resistance negation since it's just layered hax.
On that note, what kind of statement would actually qualify for resistance negation?

In that case, it should be removed along with resistance negation since it's just layered hax.
On that note, what kind of statement would actually qualify for resistance negation?
This is a pretty clear example. Maou Gakuin has a mechanic where only gods can resist other gods' powers or something. A lot of JRPGs have mechcanics where you can reduce or remove an enemy's resistance to certain status effects or attack types (Pokemon, for example).

Damn, can't someone just translate what's on the card then upload it on Imgur? Also, those complaining about untranslated stuffs, just get yourself deepl
It's still an extra step of work visitors of the site shouldn't have to take to get necessary info. Profiles should have translated scans always, especially for verses that are largely locked behind a language barrier.

Probability hax come from two abilities Change Impact and Miracle Perfect

Change Impact increases the chance of your moves, make the attack more likely to hit or you likely to dodge, block incoming attacks

Miracle Perfect is a busted Change Impact, when active it allow your moves to have 100% chance of success, attacking, dodging or blocking

Those are common abilities

Anyway that the gist of it, which will be explained in a blog. Since there is like 3 peoples doing things for the verse and all of us busy with real life job, the blog is current is just over 50% complete

So are we just gonna wait on staff opinions for the removal of Reistance Negation, and then wait for that blog/CRT to release for anything probability manipulation related?

So are we just gonna wait on staff opinions for the removal of Reistance Negation, and then wait for that blog/CRT to release for anything probability manipulation related?
Resistance Negation will be removed after the current ongoing CRT conclude. Probability will be cover in a coming soon blog which at worst is in December

Ah, now that i remember it, the reason Resistance Negation was put on Time Power is because anyone get Time Power also get the resistance toward its power, so when the power nullifies its own power it also nullifies its own resistance at the same time, it also seal away Power of Destruction of God of Destruction which grant EE resistance. Anyway that what i remember, can't put scan on because on phone

Ah, now that i remember it, the reason Resistance Negation was put on Time Power is because anyone get Time Power also get the resistance toward its power, so when the power nullifies its own power it also nullifies its own resistance at the same time, it also seal away Power of Destruction of God of Destruction which grant EE resistance. Anyway that what i remember, can't put scan on because on phone
Now its just power null

Yeah but... why? Also, none of the scans I'm seeing on the time power page indicate it negates resistances too; I am 99% sure that being able to nullify a UES of some kind does not grant you the ability to negate resistances to the applications of that UES as well, unless there's further elaboration (which I haven't seen).

Yeah but... why? Also, none of the scans I'm seeing on the time power page indicate it negates resistances too; I am 99% sure that being able to nullify a UES of some kind does not grant you the ability to negate resistances to the applications of that UES as well, unless there's further elaboration (which I haven't seen).
Yeah we, kind of need more evidence/scans at this point to be able to claim resistance negg....

Can't put scan on right now because on phone

Resistance Negation is also power null, but aim at resistance
In this case, they're nulling an energy that is giving the resistance which isn't the same.
If you power null a healing spell does it mean you can neg natural regen?

In this case, they're nulling an energy that is giving the resistance which isn't the same.
If you power null a healing spell does it mean you can neg natural regen?
Anyway i remember there is a scan about the power can aim specifically at its own resistance, but i need to find it

Alright, well, I looked into the Charge Impact stuff and none of that really implies probability manipulation. It's literally a QTE where you have to time your button presses. Even if there was direct confirmation that this isn't game mechanics, it's still something based on skill, not luck, so that alone disqualifies it for probability hax. Changing the speed of the meters just makes a mundane skill more difficult to perform, which is technically affecting the odds of success, but in the same way that walking across a wet floor makes it less likely that you won't fall; It's not directly altering probability itself, it just makes basic task harder.
the charge impact stuff you talkin bout make sense. but miracle perfects guarantees a successful attack. i dont think a guaranteed win is skill. pl

Also based on this video, it seems like attacks land regardless of the success of a CI, and even happen before the CI is even a factor. So... I feel like even if it were probability manipulation, the way it's indexed now is massively overhyped
Do you see how much of an effect it had on the opponent? only a little. when you win a charge impact you can see the offensive side gets a successful effective attack. if you lose one its just only gonna be a little effective.

Back