• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kessler vs Shunsui Kyoraku

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I got the verses they're from correct, then I'm awesome. I legit just guessed based on their designs.

Anyway, to vote.

Kessler should take this by virtue of pulling his trump card first.

Shu Sui can take the fight quite easily with his Bankai, but, as stated on his profile, he only uses this as a last resort.

Kessler's Phantasms and other Mind Hax techniques are his go to's and he uses the very soon, and the moment he decides to attack a clone or get overwhelmed in CQC, it's over.

Going Kessler.

Homu Sweet Homu said:
SBA means they are at their strongest, so I assume Shunsui is already in his Bankai.
That is not how SBA works.

Strongest versions means the strongest versions of the character, not "This person already has this weapon automatically active".

You don't make a character have their Hax already active by the time the fight starts, and SBA absolutely doesn't do that.

By this logic, Kessler already has his Phantasms active and wins by default

Gargoyle said:
Kessler's Phantasms and other Mind Hax techniques are his go to's and he uses the very soon, and the moment he decides to attack a clone or get overwhelmed in CQC, it's over.
Kageoni deals with the clones. That said, fair game with the mindhax. Irooni could provide a bit of protection, tho.

Isn't that a CQC technique?

Because hitting the clones is a death sentence without resistance

Kegeoni permits Shunsui to create his own clones made up of shadows, plus hide in the shadows themselves.

Irooni makes it so that you have to call a color you are wearing to attack. If you call a color that you don't wear yourself, whatever attack you use deal mininal damage. The best way to play is to call an attack that can risk you. (You could, on the other hand, call a color that the opponent wears and deal maximum damage that way).

• Shurgs.
So based on the last thread, Kessler is in form of phantasm that chase its victim. Shunsui has dealed with something similar and decided to destroy them from range via Bushogoma.

Clone won't be a problem since Shunsui can duplicates too via Kageokuri. Also, Shunsui unpredictable "children game" such as Kageoni and Daruma-san ga Koronda combo definitely gives him an edge here. Plus, Shunsui has experience and skills advantage.

Voting for Shunsui.

That doesn't mean he'll act completely out of character when he doesn't, especially when he has fought solo before and can very easily tell his allies off first thing and then use his Bankai first thing.

I didn't understand that well the Daruma-san ga Koronda in the manga (I best know Bleach from the anime). How does it work exactly?

Shu Sui already had knowledge of the clone beforehand and knew of its capabilities and even then he already struck said duplicate before going in range.

He does not have that option.

Kessler was capable of leading and controlling the first sons and is more skilled then conduits who have lived since the Salem witch trials, at best, they are equal

And he has the AP advantage as he stomps people who stomp multiple M+ characters by themselves.

KazuiK said:
Shunsui uses as a last resort because his comrades are close.
He could've make his lt. flee from the start of the fight against the angel dude and do bankai GG, yet he prefered to best test his abilities and only when the dude prove to overcome everything his shikai produced did he decided to use bankai.

LephyrTheRevanchist said:
I didn't understand that well the Daruma-san ga Koronda in the manga (I best know Bleach from the anime). How does it work exactly?
Basically, if you can see aren't seen moving, you can delivered a surprised attack. As in suddenly reappeares in the most unexpected position likr in his opponent shadow.

Shunsui can use Ironi, the opponent can only attack him if he chooses a color, Stark attacked and did not set the color he wanted to cut and ended up that his did not hurt him.

Kessler doesn't need to hurt him, mindhax will be his go to here, and the moment he decides to hit Kessler's clone or get tapped on the head, he's about as dead as the Naruto manga on the last arc.

I won't vote against my favorite chracter from Bleach, Gar! ovo

Wait... Just did, didn't I? Welp...

But yeah, as it pains me to say, it is more likely that Kessler wins. Heck, against a comparable opponent (Stark) he had trouble and best fought with team mates backing him up, imagine against someone that is outright superior to him (or don't, as that already happened against the angel dude, just that here he is fighting against something he can't defend against). So yeah, will go Kessler for Gar's reasons.

Heck, to rub even more salt on my wound ovo, I don't even think Shunsui could win with bankai. At least, if Kessler survives the first two acts.

During Act 3, Shunsui would drown, as Kessler is stronger (thus, thanks to verse equalization, has higher reiatsu).

Kessler for basically all of Gars reasons

Shunsui won't know that touching the clone is a death sentence, so Kessler has the element of surprise, and since his bankai is a last resort, it's more likely that Kessler hits him with his hax, as he usually uses it in his first few attacks

Also, his electro-telekinesis is a big factor here, as he could use it to ragdoll Shinsui around or use it to move him to a more favorable position. Or ragdoll him into a combo like he does in game.

4-1 in favor of Kessler.

Although if I'm being honest, the one vote is based on faulty reasoning.

Not voting but if Kessler's Phantasms is transparent clones of pure energy then he will know touching those clones won't be a good idea from his experience against Starrk's exploding wolves (Where they also made of pure energy) where he use Bushogoma against them, he may be have knowledge to those wolves from his observation where Starrk fight Love and Rojuro but I believe he smart enough to know touching a transparent stuff is not a good idea. Despite his attitude, Kyouraku is pretty cautious.

Also, a question. By what I gathered so far, if you touch the clones then you'll get mindhax but what happen if you're not touching them directly like, use a sword or something other than your hands to attack those clones? Do you still get mindhaxxed? Just curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back