• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kenshin and Shishio's profiles are stupid

Status
Not open for further replies.
It says that Kenshin is buulding level because he can match Shishio, yet it says that Shishio is building level because he can match Kenshin? Where does this loop begin and end? Their building level status should be better explained

Perhaps they are scaled from a durability feat?

It seems like they are scaled from Hiko Seijuro, but that should be clarified within their profiles, and they should not have any "At least" ratings.

I suppose that I can handle it for once, since you do not seem very experienced.

I would say they are on Small building level, judging from the various feats shown during the story, and for calculation purpose I think Fuji's two handed swing feat can be useful for the verse's basis of the top fighters.

I agree with @Skylietz

Based on their general showings throughout the series, they seem to be more on the 9-A tier than 8-C (unless there is a calc out there somewhere that justifies the 8-C rating).

As for the speed ratings: The Supersonic+ rating is solid, thanks to a properly calculated Mach 3 to 4.5 feat. But where does the Subsonic+ rating come from? Blitzing a group of normal/athletic humans without them being able to react should be only Subsonic (without the '+' sign). Is there a calc to give Subsonic+ any justification?

I would obviously appreciate help with improving the reliability of the statistics for the characters.

So should Hiko Seijuro also be downgraded to 9-A, or can he remain as 8-C?

Antvasima said:
So should Hiko Seijuro also be downgraded to 9-A, or can he remain as 8-C?
From what I recall, he scales to a guy who destroyed a wooden inn/restaurant with a single blow. It'd be best to put him at "At least 9-A" until and unless a proper calc properly pegs the tier of that feat.

Okay. Feel free to ask the calc group for calculations of appropriate feats if you wish.

Antvasima said:
How would you suggest that we scale the various Rurouni Kenshi characters?
I guess the uppermost of the Kenshinverse's AP (before Hokkaido Arc) is somewhere along these lines: https://********.org/chapter/250884/10 and the next page, however, the size of the crater is not clear..

I agree with @Soldier_Blue, the characters' bases are Supersonic+, supported by the 6th chapter of Hokkaido-hen with Saito's speed of regular Gatotsu (see image below), and Zeroshiki + Amakakeru should be much faster

... after re-reading the chapter, it has a potential source for AP calculation, it even surpassed Fuji's feat ...

https://imgur.com/a/qOBFrzc ... at a glance it's possibly on the City Block level (Saito Hajime survived the explosion), I think it's the best canon feat from the manga at this moment and the Hokkaido Arc is still ongoing..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_Hakodate <<-- the referenced mount on the feat, highly feasible for calculation

The 8-C rating comes from the character known as Fuji; who is like several stories tall and Hiko basically curb stomped him. He also was stated to be able to split three story buildings in half with ease iirc. But I agree that there should preferably be a calc for characters like him rather than guess work.

As Soldier Blue said, the speed ratings are great where they are. And those explosion feats look like the could yield good results.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
The 8-C rating comes from the character known as Fuji; who is like several stories tall and Hiko basically curb stomped him. He also was stated to be able to split three story buildings in half with ease iirc. But I agree that there should preferably be a calc for characters like him rather than guess work.

As Soldier Blue said, the speed ratings are great where they are. And those explosion feats look like the could yield good results.
Is somebody willing to ask the calc group for calculations of these feats? You would obviously need to supply scans.

I might actually be able to calculate Saito's feat linked above. Just need a moment to make the calculation and the blog.

Edit: I have made it and posted it in the Calculation evaluations thread. Hopefully, it gets accepted.

DMUA has accepted my calculation, and accepted result as seen in the blog above was City Block level+

Okay. Then the result can probably be applied.

Thank you for the help.

Is there anything else left to do here?

I figure the verse need some upgrade on the Speed department. I still believe the speed of the top fighters' ultimate techniques are somewhere around Hypersonic at the least. But I guess that's for another time, we might find other calculable feats on the ongoing arc..

Or any of you have any thought regarding this subject

DarkDragonMedeus said:
Nobuhiro Watsuki said in several interviews that Seijuro was clearly superior to Kenshin. Because of that, it was difficult to put him into history because it could solve most of Kenshin's problems with ease. I´m not sure if kenshin should be scale from Hiko´s feats.

Hagane no Saiyajin said:
I've read the manga so far and I only could find 9-B feats
In the original manga Fuji destroyed buildings easy, and Hiko was clearly superior. At the beginning Kenshin destroy a huge pillar of stone and throws it several meters effortlessly, also Kenshin said to Saito that he can cut a battleship. In my opinion these are the 3 main power feats in Kenshin.

Kenshin actually became the next master, and if his sword wasn't a Sakabatou, Hiko would have died as it's fate for each Hiten Mitsurugi master to kill the previous master in order to become the next master. Kenshin was the first to not kill his master solely because his katana has a reverse blade. So they are still the same Tier.

Also, that reply is rather late. The cast now scales to Saito's casual durability feat. Which is why they're 8-B+ now. Also, was there anything left to do here? It seems we already took care of the Tiers.

I don't think that there is anything left to do here at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back