• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kenganverse vs Bakiverse: The Crying Man vs The Executioner

Meguro Masaki vs Akoya Seishu

Speed equalized

Location: D of D Stage Arena from Kenichi, History's Mightiest Disciple

Rules: everything allowed including the use of weapons

In-Character, strongest key for both

Bracket here (note: keys of characters are subject to change)

Combatants have 1 day to heal any wounds sustained in the match

Winner will be declared after 12 hours if only 1 fighter has 0 votes

Seki vs Candy

Ok, so he shouldn't have any problems killing Masaki since he is both brutal and far more skilled (being a professional cop/vigilante vs a kinda skilled judo guy.) and the shield will protect him.

Why is speed equal if they scale to about the same things?

00potato said:
Ok, so he shouldn't have any problems killing Masaki since he is both brutal and far more skilled (being a professional cop/vigilante vs a kinda skilled judo guy.) and the shield will protect him.
Why is speed equal if they scale to about the same things?
Speed is equalized for all the matches so far for the sake of fairness across the board

I personally disagree with speed equal for a tournament like this as many characters become A LOT weaker if they lose their speed or reactions like Rei or Akoya. Just throwing it out there.

Not sure on who would win this if speed is equalized tbh. Need more time to think.

Amlad22 said:
I personally disagree with speed equal for a tournament like this as many characters become A LOT weaker if they lose their speed or reactions like Rei or Akoya. Just throwing it out there.
Not sure on who would win this if speed is equalized tbh. Need more time to think.
Since round 1 is practically over, I'll likely take the "Speed Equalized" rule away for Round 2

Some food for thought I was figuring just now, Meguro has his pain manip to push passed Akoya's brutality, so the thing that almost lead Imai to defeat (the psychological aspect of Taiho Jutsu) is all but a non-issue here, and for Akoya, he not only has his Taiho-jutsu, which the relentless brutality is good for incapping and killing Meguro physically, but he also actually has his riot shield for defense

So first, I don't think Akoya would even want his riot shield here. His arm is a much better defensive weapon as it's stronger and less cumbersome to use.

So for the fight. Simply due to the speed equalization in this round I think Meguro takes this extremely high diff. He's just as strong as Akoya, probably even stronger given how Muteba was completely overpowered by Meguro and had to use his tricks to get out of Meguro's grip. Combine this with his pain tolerance and insanity which negs a lot of Akoya's style and he takes a VERY difficult win. Akoya is super skilled and effective at blocking powerful hits with his shield arm but without his reactions he loses too much.

Meguro advances with heavy injuries across his entire body including large cuts, bruises and fractures that have also caused lots of blood loss.

After reading Akoya vs Cosmo again I still think Meguro takes it under these set conditions. Stance of suppression won't do much extra against Meguro's ridiculous grip strength and judo throws.

I have 2 questions: 1) Will this be a stomp under speed unequalized and 2) would speed unequalized really make that much of a difference?

I think you can just leave it this way and start the new speed unequalized with round 2. The main difference the speed makes is that in this rule set, Akoya doesn't have the benefit of being able to dodge nearly everything Meguro can throw at him. I personally think with speed unequalized, Akoya wins mid diff with moderate injuries. But like I said I think it's fine to just keep the rules how they are now and change them in round 2.

Back