• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kenganverse Revision Thread

Hey I made Deku vs Gensai since it's a fair match, should I start revising so no one would complain at me for making Beard vs Boi?

I guess since top tiers like Gensai would be 8-C+ due to Raian and Ohma scaling

Its the lower tier scaling I'm concerned about

ShiroyashaGinSan said:
9-A: Pre-Akoya Imai, Adam, Haruo, Akoya, Saw Paing, Yoshinari, Kaburagi, Nezu, Kaneda, Himuro, Hanafusa, Chiba

9-A+: Mokichi, Raian, Inaba, Restricted Tokita, Murobuchi, Sawada, Annihilation Tournament Rihito, Meguro, Ren, Sekibayashi, Kiozan, Mikazuchi

Likely 8-C: Post-Akoya Imai, Bando, Hanafusa (Bone Blades)

8-C: Wakatsuki, Annihilation Tournament Rihito (Razor's Edge), Gaolang, Agito, Okubo, Julius, Raian (Removal), Restricted Tokita (Advance), Unrestricted Ohma, THE BEARD, Kiryu, Muteba, Hatsumi (Peak)
Honestly, I think we can still use this scaling as long as we adjust it to include:

8-C+ top tiers, 8-C mid tiers, 9-A+ low tiers and 9-B fodder tiers

Well, he did force Restricted Ohma to use Indestructible to tank his attacks, cause he was wary of trying to take them head on, and he survived a couple blows from Ohma before going down. So 9-A+ sounds fair.

Though something just occurred to me.

Ohma did the 9-A+ feat with Ironbreaker, which is confirmed to let him hit above his weight class due to HARD MUSCLES

Should 9-A+ only scale to him when using Ironbreaker?

I think 8-C feat from Saw Paing should scale to Restricted Ohma too. He damaged Raian who is one of the heaviest hitters in the tournament. Low tiers can still be 9-A+ downscaling from the 8-Cs, they're pretty much baseline after all. 8-C+ can come from Sekibayashi tanking Kiozan's Raging Vigour, which is 4 times stronger than his normal attacks.

9-A+: Pre-Akoya Imai, Adam, Haruo, Akoya, Kaburagi, Nezu, Kaneda, Himuro, Hanafusa, Chiba,

8-C: Saw Paing, Yoshinari, Mokichi, Raian, Inaba, Restricted Tokita, Murobuchi, Meguro, Ren, Sekibayashi, Kiozan, Mikazuchi, Annihilation Tournament Rihito, Sawada

Likely 8-C+: Post-Akoya Imai, Bando

8-C+: Wakatsuki, Annihilation Tournament Rihito (Razor's Edge), Gaolang, Agito, Okubo, Julius, Raian (Removal), Unrestricted Ohma, THE BEARD, Kiryu, Muteba, Hatsumi (Peak)

All though, there is one thing I wanted to discuss

Shouldn't Base Restricted Ohma be 9A+? He wasn't able to do any real damage to Base Raian until he used Advance. And even then Raian was still fighting evenly with him, until he went %100, forcing Ohma to use Possessing Spirit (basically cranking Advance up to the max).

Shouldn't Restricted Ohma ap be something like:

Small Building level+ (should back scale to his Ironbreaker feat), at least Small Building level+ with Ironbreaker (via boulder feat), 8-C with Advance (matched Base Raian), 8-C+ with Possessing Spirit (fought on par with %100 Removal Raian until the stress of the technique overwhelmed his body).

Btw Raian's profile needs some work too, but we should fix Ohma's first.

Well now that we have all the profiles fixed (tho I think we forgot Kuroki), guess we can just talk about abilities:

Ohma: Information Analysis (Analyzed the "new sound" of Medicine Man's teeth bullets and created an imagined visual of the ring and attack trajectory, figured out the timing of Inaba's movements mid-fight through counting it with his tongue clicks)

Muteba: Possible Power Mimicry (Muteba learned boxing footwork just from watching others in the tournament, despite not being an unarmed combat expert, his technique was so good that even Gaolang states that he mastered it)

Raian and all Kure's in general: Resistance to Pai: (Kure's are more resilient to pain and damage due to abnormal levels of over 20 kinds of endorphins)

Also, shouldn't we give Ohma (and Raian) "higher with Advance/Possessing Spirit/Removal" for their speed ratings? Raian notes that Advance Restricted Ohma was at least 2x faster than he was in the 1st round, so maybe %100 Raian and Possessing Spirit Ohma are 3.33x faster than Base?

To further support Advance/Possessing Spirit making Ohma faster, it's noted that the Advance increases his velocity to help him out out more power.

I don't think it's power mimicry for Muteba, more like Skill, but it definitely exists for him. Definitely Adaptation. The rest I agree with

Iirc you can have skill based power mimicry. Plus, Wakatsuki noted that Muteba adapted to unarmed combat too quickly, so it shows how he can pick up new skills quick and use them in combat.

I'm planning to reread Kengan to add some more feats too so it might be nice to just keep this as a general open revision thread

Btw, some are left at just Hypersonic since they either don't scale to top tiers are don't have enough evidence to justify a + (Kaneda, Rihito, Nezu, etc)

Iirc we have a profile for Joji, but I don't think we have anything better than 9-C to 9-B.

Although, maybe we can scale Akoya to Ryuki since he survived a bout with him, although he was never able to land a clean hit. NotOhma was also able to injure Jose, who could damage the 8th Fang, etc. but those latter two kinda lack solid feats and scaling beyond assumptions.

Nitoku was also able to fight on par with Pre-Tournament Fang, but how exactly strong he was back then is unknown and Agito had numerous power ups in the tourney.

Kokuro was able to win against weakened Gozo. Omega characters that are high tiers can scale to 8-C. And btw, High 8-C Kengan is stilla thing by Fist of the Seeker, Samano at base scale to Gaolang and he has same multiplier as Raian with Asura, which is just another name of Removal.

It's already done. We're pretty much done here in my opinion but I wait for the rest before I request to close this.

I'd appreciate if the thread was kept open since COB is currently going through a read through of Ashura to find feats and abilities.

Not sure about Kokuro scaling to 8-C Gozo, since even by Kokuro's own admission Gozo was off his game due to injuries. Need to read Fist of the Seeker before I can comment on any scaling, but if you think it's justified, I'm game.

Plus, it can be argued that Ashura is already High 8-C from Unrestricted Ohma and his Possessing Spirit multiplier. Though not sure if that's calc stacking.

Btw, new ability for Gaolang: Analytical Predictio: (Predicted Agito's possible attacks and countered them with his ow, predicts Agito's low kick and counters with a clinch)

I don't think it can be read by someone else unless that person can read Japanese. Fist of the Seeker's first arc is done years now but nobody is currently translating it.

That's fine. Ohma and other Niko Style users who knows Flowing Edge technique can have prediction as well. Niko calculate the movements of the attack to pull that off.

Yeah, but he lacks the physicals to really do anything with it, which really sucks since he could go far with it if he even had the specs of someone like Nezu or the Fisherman.

Even Saw Paing, a hot head, has a form of analytical predictio.

Fisherman especially holy crap, might be even able to last against the Beard pretty far. The Beard's precog war is amazing though

Once wrote a DB fight about Saw vs Kirishima. NEedless to say used that as a form of counterargument to him only going offense.

Back