• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kengan Asura Discussion 1 - TOURNAMENT ARC

I really need the translators to catchup. The raws are at lik 217, wereas the eng version is barely at 95.

I needs me some more Muteba. Watching him brutalize Meguro was one of the greatest moments in the series so far.

Yeah, same. Well, is what I would've said if I hadn't read the raws : p

It's kinda amazing though to understand the story even without understanding the language. Maybe Kengan Asura is that showy?

That spiral tengen toppa gurren lagan drill attack was amazing. Didn't expect him to be like Daredevil but I ain't complaining. Oh made a profile for him in DA, I should move that profile here.

But dude, what about PLUS ULTRA !!

I actually have peaked at the scans a little bit (like up to the Ohma vs Raian fight, which was badass, even though I didn't understand a thing lol)

I think it's pretty cool that the story can be somewhat understood through pictures and art alone. It speaks magnitudes of what the artists and manga team can do, and from the short little sections at the end of the manga, you know these guys are passionate about their work.

I was totally psyched to find out that he was basically morally ambigous Daredevil, lol. Idk, I just love fights that are bad guy vs bad guy. They always bring out the bloodiest beat downs.

But, what about the Nutcracker? (no I won't show scans lol)

Even if there's no subtitles( lol) you can't deny the visual treat. Also there is a Takahashi vs Julius fight on youtube, which honestly has epic music and a top favorite of mine.

Exactly. It's kinda stunning. Yeah especially when they're willing to beat each other up for it lol. Well not really beat up but really show their knowledge on fighting.

Oh hell yes they are, to which means... him vs Wrestler Angel guy is gonna be one hell of a good vs evil fight.

Lmao, that's too brutal even a monster can't take it. I mean there was freaking blood.

That said gonna sleep now, late here

I have actually seen the video you're talking about (as well as the Cosmo vs Justice guy). It was amazing wathcing their punches shake the whole stadium and beyond. Lol, are we positive these guys are human?

Lol, I remember the bit where they revealed that the boss lets his coworkers toss him around so he they can draw better fight scenes. Thats dedication.

Wait, he's fighting Hell's Angel next? Damn, I hope he gets over his "no defense" stick, or else it'll cost him bad. But, that would be an insult to his character. Damn, now I'm actually worried for him.

Even I had to flinch at that bit, though (un)luckily for me, i had seen something similar in another really dark martial arts manga with an MC who was not above nut shots.

Same, catch ya in the morning to weeb out over Kengan some more. Good night.

It is morning and it's time to play out when there's no snow or weab about Kengan. And there's too much snow outside.

And yes, man.... I'm pretty sure that's CB level considering the size of the building. Maybe more since that was their casual feat too and how even the forest nearby was shook. Maybe. I'm hoping at least.

Yup, those lil omakes and tidbits of truth were wonders.

Well I do want to tell ya that Wrestlers do 'play characters' but I'll keep that vague~Either way I love both and I was fine with either winning.

Yup, just makes you hold and squeak. But hey monster deserved it~ And ooh? Tell me more?-

And here I am late as hell cause I had too many exams today. Ugh.

Not too sure how to rank the stadium shaking feat, as I know we're pretty strick on rating artificial earthquakes here.

I swear if Mercenary Daredevil kills Hell's Angel I'm gonna cry. He's way too cool to get killed off, and he's taken the Himilayan dude under his wing. There's too many opportunities!

I think I told you about the manga actually. It's called Shamo, and, long story short, it follows the story of a mentally unstable sociopath who learns old school karate in while in prison. And by old school, I mean the kind used by farmers and peasants who had to fight oppressive warlords, so gouging eyes and mutilating nuts wasn't considered dirty, it was considered survival. This all sets the MC down a VERY dark path. I'll warn you now, if you haven't read something like Berserk, don't go into this one blind. It gets very intense very quickly. Also, I'd argue that there's a drop in quality after a certain point, making it a bit of a chore to read, but it redeems itself in the end. It also brings up some very good points about how violence is treated by society, and throws in some nature vs nurture, making it pretty interesting. MC is also a REALLY bad guy, so, reader beware.

Well, chapter 96 was translated.

We now have one of the most haxiest Kengan fighters confirmed to be Ren, with his air manipulation, sound manipulation and mind manipulation combo...

...Too bad Kiryu just no sold said combo and is now preparing to irreversibly mutilate Ren for the rest of his life. I'm still very interested to learn just how his fighting style works, cause the only thing I got from the raws is that he twists his opponents body and causes some sort of biological disturbance.

I like how each fighter has his own little gimmick that makes him more than just a martial artist.

Ohma: Advance

Muteba: Super senses

Meguro: Pain into Pleasure

Cosmo: Zone

Seishu: Inhuman reaction speed

etc etc

No worries just finished an exam recently and annoying hw. And also true on that... But considering the whale feat I think anyone main character level on power level should be able to compare.

I won't spoil~

Also checked it out and surprisingly not as traumatized as I expected. Maybe reading that one manga about red riding hood looking for the big bad wolf was enough to traumatize me back then when I was a kid.... But I think what throws me off more is the artstyle itself.

Just read it earlier!! Well as someone who read the wiki on Kengan Asura and talked on the discord chat there, and skipped raws, I can definitely say that it's weird af. But strangely effective. And yes, a deadly combo that got them knocked out. Unbelievably strong, but as expected of questionably best waifu Kiryu.

They're all pretty unique. Takahashi has muscle mass. Jun has damage counter. Sumo guy has super sumo. And trunk man American (that's what I call Dudley lol, who actually is becoming nicer)

Ugh, the stresses of college :| But hey, at least we'll always have Kengan Asura :)

Yeah, might want to take the stadium shaking feat to the calc team and see whats up. Though, looking back at a certain JoJo feat, I think we can at least get Large Building with it.

Now I HAVE to look at the raws to see Hell's Angel's fate.

So you started Shamo! Yeah, wasn't sure how well you took to dark themes, so I just wanted to give a heads up. Either way, prepare yourself, cause Ryo is eventually gonna reach a moral event horizon, and he's not gonna come out better for it. Not gonna spoil though :)

From what I can gether, he can twist your heart through your skin? Idk, it looks super creepy though. Perfectly fits Kiryu's personality though, lol. Especially with the way he just creeped on poor disabled Ren.

The ability I liked the most was The Faceless Man's. It just seemed so badass and fitting. Though, I really wanted to see him use Ohma's Advance and Rihito's Ripper/Kuroki's Spear. Can you imagine the damage he can put out with that moveset? Too bad the old man schooled his ass in 3 hits.

Well, I peaked at Siryu's wiki page because my curiosity got the better of me, and becuase I really wanted to know how his martial arts worked, and boy is his story intense.

In other news, also heard that Kengan Asura was getting an anime cause it was picked by fans, soooo.... hype?

It wasn't that detailed when I was there lol. But it is kinda intriguing. And sadly we won't see much of it in a round 1 battle... but Round 2? ohohoho

That was years ago iirc? But I would be excited it comes out soon. Sorry man been busy. Will respond to the other msg once I clear up schedule.

Well I can definitely say that I'm hyped to see his next fight where we get a better look at his moves in action. Some them sound insane.

Really, I thought it happened a few months back? Also, no worries about responding, real life takes priority.

Im cheer for the spear guy for the next match..also so far Fang is a bit disappointing..he only won against the muay thai guy via better endurance instead of outskill him in combat.. :/

That's kinda Fang's shtick, he'll play you at your own game and let you beat on him until he gets bored and goes berserk. Guys a damn damage sponge that's for sure.

Idk about that one, especially since it was done during his rote learning training thing

Well he say his brain can act without thinking :/ anyway i think Ohma adamantine and flame kata can give him statistic amplification too via increasing his defence,offence and speed.

Yeah that makes sense, though Advance also falls under stat amping. He would also get afterimage creation via flashfire and limited attack reflection via redirection kata (he can turn your own power against you with it)

Just looked at it. I honestly don't think Ohma's gonna win. He's too beat up to fight on, add that to his fatigue from fighting Kiryu and the fact that his body's falling apart cause of the Advance, there's no way for him to get through this one.

I mean remember when the perverted ninja keep blitz the spear guy in one or two chapter..only to get fodderize by him in the next chapter after he realized the ninja guy weakness.

Well, latest chapter was translated, and we finally see Kiryu lay the smack down on poor Ren. There's honestly something about bad guys getting out bad guy'd that makes the scenario seem much more awesome.

Also, I'll never forget this great line:

Ren's friends: He is not the kind of man to make a misstep.

Res, after having his arm broken by Siryu: That was a misstep!

Made me laugh too lol, just the way it was phrased

And to be honest that was badass, and even more awesome now that we know the context

Rakasha Palm he calls it. Capable of twisting the hear through a layer of skin/organs and and a ribcage. Broken af. Pretty interesting that Siryu only has two techniques in his fighting stlye (though I know this isn't completely true cuz raws lol).

Also, before I forget:

Small Town to Small Island level Ohma via scaling to Ryu and Evil Ryu OwO

Welp, just read botht the raw and eng versions

Things are really heating up in the raws. Also, lol, poor Takeshi. His face just can't catch a break.

Also glad to see the reappearance of best girl Mihono in the eng version Ov0

Well yeah Mihono is the best gurl ovo, cant wait to see the next chapter...I curius how the widower can beat that guy so easily :/

Back