• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kefka Revisions.

So, the Final Fantasy Wiki has counted lots of immunities and resistances to certain stats, which should greatly help Kefka.

Keffy
he should receive the following:

-Immunity to petrification (can't be petrified)

-Minor resistance against time manipulation (in form of being immune to being slowed down or sped up)

-resistance against death manipulation (isn't affected by death which instantly kills enemy ofc)

-immunity to sleep inducement (is immune to sleep that well... makes someone sleep ┬»\_(Òâä)_/┬» )

-resistance against mind manipulation (can't be berserked, can't be controlled by Strago's Lore, can't be confused )

-resistance against information manipulation (Libra can not scan him)

-resistance against transmutation ( Imp does nothing to him)

-resistance against power Nullification maybe morality manipulation? (can't be affected by stop, which basically prevents you from doing anything)

-minor resistance against status effect inducement (blind and silence don't work on him)

note: something should also be done regarding being transformed into a zombie, though I don't know what that would count as.

Ohhh, and here is a link to his page if you think I'm bullshiting: http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Kefka_(final_boss)

Agree with all of this expection of give him any Immunity, as in the page relative of resistance is explained.

The highest degree of resistance is outright Immunity, preventing use of that ability on any scale from affecting the user at all. However, immunity is not easily gained, as while someone's resistance to a certain kind of attack may be absolute within their verse, it is not necessarily the case against more potent uses of that ability. Outright immunity should nearly never be given except in certain cases, such as being immune to Soul Manipulation due to lacking a soul.
I think he should only get resistance to all those hax.

The Everlasting said:
We don't count in-game resistances to status ailments for RPG characters.
that' a bad argument, some enemies have these resistances, some don't. It's clear as day that Kefka doesn't get affected by any of these statuses. if he doesn't get affected by them he is obivously reistant to it.

ignoring these reistances means you are downplaying a character, Clouds ribbon gives him resistances to ailments and it's accounted for, Kefka just has natural resistance to these things.

@Unholy

There's a difference between having equipment that explicitly gives you these resistances and having arbitrary resistances with no explanation or other feats to corroborate them and only exist to keep the player from cheesing their way through the game with Death and Break.

Reppuzan said:
@Unholy

There's a difference between having equipment that explicitly gives you these resistances and having arbitrary resistances with no explanation or other feats to corroborate them and only exist to keep the player from cheesing their way through the game with Death and Break.
it's still a feat, and it doesn't need explanation. He doesn't get affected by them it's that simple. Even Kefkas monument can be affected by banish and it's a cheese move that ends the enemy in one move. Like Esdeath just noped nasty voice just like that, Yhwach noped Shirafude Ichimonji just like that, Link noped stoped time just like that nad he didn't even had his ToC, so can Kefka nope all those moves, the feat is literally there, you try using slow on him and it just doesn't work, that's resistance, I don't know how obvious it has to be to have a resistance to something.

Unholy, i already tried a thread about the resistance to all the other final fantasy bosses, but it was rejected.

He doesn't get affected because it's visibly game mechanics so players don't just cheese their way through with spells like Death.

The Everlasting said:
He doesn't get affected because it's visibly game mechanics so players don't just cheese their way through with spells like Death.
I cheesed my way through the tower gauntlet before Kefka with banish and it worked and the result is literally the same as any other OHK move, it dies in one hit, even though it's a part of the final boss. it's not a game mechanic, it's an actual resistance, he is resistant to most statuses, among are those that are not really relevant anyway. He's also the god of magic, having resistances to those things wouldn't really come off as bullshit.

The Everlasting said:
That's where your argument falls flat. Game Mechanics are usually referred to rules or methods designed for interaction with the game state, thus providing gameplay. Major Factors (in an RPG) include hit points, levels, magic points, experience points, ability points, attack and magic power, defense power, magic defense, speed, hit rate, magic accuracy/evasion, evasion, stamina, absorb, agility, luck, vitality, Turn-Based Combat, etc. In FF6, characters' stats-with the exception of HP and MP-do not rise on leveling up, but are boosted by equipping weapons, relics, and magicite. This takes the form of Acceptable Breaks from Reality.

Nontheless, game mechanics or not, Kefka still has resistance towards most spells like Death and Control; which has been tested and presented within the in-game bestiary. Declaring that it's visibly "game mechanics" due to player cheesing their way through with spells like Death is a sign of confirmation bias (Cherry Picking ). Patently, this wiki has a tendency to only pick out specific attributes (usually weaknesses) and seemingly ignore the rest. For example:

No Limit Fallacy may come to play due to characters being in their own separate universes; which is why I subjectively believe that Kefka should have some sort of resistance instead of outright immunities.

@Solid

The difference between your examples.

1) Demon's resistances are never referenced in the story.

2) Normal-type Pokemon being immune to Ghost-type attacks is explicitly mentioned by characters throughout the franchise and in all mediums. Therefore it's part of the story and can be used. Obviously there's an issue in how we define what corresponds to each Pokemon type and whether or not it's a NLF, but my point still stands.

@Reppuzan

• Neither was The Demon's abilities like the Metal Cutter, Stop, Flare Star, Southern Cross, Meteor, Aero, Firaga, Wave Cannon, and Blaster were ever mentioned within the games plot.
  • My knowledge on Pokemon is limited, so I have nothing to say towards the second point. (Recently fact checked and I see where you're getting to.)
I agree with your second point, but not your first.

@Solid

But we've seen him use them as attacks. There's a difference between something that's in the background entirely for gameplay purposes and stuff he's actually used.

@Reppuzan

However, we've also seen his resistance due to some spells being ineffective. Gameplay is the specific way in which players interact with a game, and in particular with video games.

Your first point is that The Demon's resistance are never referenced in the story. You've seen its attacks, yet you've ignored its resistance due to its lack of actual animation. This is an example of a Genetic Fallacy.

Back