• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Katsuki Bakugou VS Tighten

Both at High 8-C, Rise of Villains Saga Bakugou is used

Speed is Equalized

Fight takes place inside Ground Beta

Both have full arsenal

Fight ends in K.O, Death, or Incap

Both start at one side of Ground Beta each

The Explosive Hero-in-Training, Katsuki Bakugou:7 (Kingofwolves999, Spinoirr, 1v1_Debater, Mariogoods, Grandlewon, Sergeant_Hypocrite, Popted2)

The Cameraman with Metro Man's power, Tighten:2 (Ricsi-viragosi, Cropfist)

Inconclusive:0

Last edited:
Hmm, they both have comparable AP, 8.12 Tons VS 8.676 Tons.

Tighten has Flight, Lifting Strength (Class M), and Range (Hundreds of meters)

While Bagukouu has versatility and experience on his side.

They’re comparable in AP with Tighten having an LS and flight advantage.

Unfortunately, he’s so absolutely stupid that Bakugo would outsmart and outskill him with ease. Blinding with stun grenade, dodging with his explosions, predicting Tighten’s movements and even just outright brawling Tighten would be super easy for Bakugo. He trains everyday and is a prodigy at combat, while Tighten is just some guy who got super powers.

Tighten is literally too dumb to use the advantages he has outside of anything but anger.

I don't really agree with that. His first fight with Megamind was rage fueled for the simple fact that the person he believed to be his grandfather, a guy who stole his crush, and a guy who was the bad guy of the city, turned out to be the same person.

His reaction to Metroman was a pretty good show that he is not going to react the same way against all opponents.

Likewise, when he was calmer his preferred way to fight was laser eyes and throwing stuff, so he'll be able to just take a hint after the first few explosions (since his feat was relatively casual from him)

Regardless of the circumstances though, Tighten isn’t smart and is someone controlled by emotion. He doesn’t have a mind that cares for combat, and just uses his abilities for fun or out of rage and cockiness. Even if Bakugo can’t piss him off with words, the threat of losing to someone way smarter than him is not something Tighten is going to respond to calmly.

Hal as a person is sensitive, so someone strong enough to face him while talking down to him isn’t something he’s just going to ignore.

And even not using the rage argument, Bakugo is still way smarter and more experienced than Tighten with more versatility as well. Nothing Tighten has is something Bakugo hasn’t seen before. His laser vision doesn’t even come close to the Danmaku that was Nine’s laser quirk, which Bakugo could avoid at first glance. In actual combat, there is no reason I see that Bakugo can’t get within range of Tighten and just outskill him the whole time.

He has been made angry by a character who has played around with him. His first reaction to someone perceived as stronger was to back off, so he has no reason why he wouldn't do that as soon as he notices Bakugo's explosions actually hurt. Tighten has spammed range a lot, and he can easily get out of the way of harm.

In the air, he is much more nimble by virtue of being able to move as he wishes, and laser eyes don't take much of any energy from him, either.

He has been made angry by a character who has played around with him. His first reaction to someone perceived as stronger was to back off, so he has no reason why he wouldn't do that as soon as he notices Bakugo's explosions actually hurt. Tighten has spammed range a lot, and he can easily get out of the way of harm.

In the air, he is much more nimble by virtue of being able to move as he wishes, and laser eyes don't take much of any energy from him, either.
Bakugo can be just as nimble in the air and is barely limited at all. If anything, his far better experience of fighting in the air will allow him to keep up with Tighten

Tighten’s ranged attacks are easy to dodge for Bakugo, so staying away from him doesn’t help him. That just gives Bakugo a win condition of stalling Tighten out with his way higher stamina.

Hal being a coward when faced with MetroMan is just more evidence that he will get emotionally battered by Bakugo and won’t win.

Which arguments for Tighten are being agreed to? I feel I’ve made a compelling case against his win condition of just range spamming.

I feel like bakugo wins because he has almost a whole year of training on his powers while he only just had his for a while and used them for stealing stuff and beating down megamind

Hello, I wish to participate in this discussion, hope we would have a good debate.

I would be making an analysis of who has the most advantages. I do have more knowledge of the MHA franchise, while I haven't fully watch MegaMind, I had seen a few videos to at least know enough on TIghten fighting capabilities.

Attack Potency
While both AP are comparable, with Tighten having a slight edge by 0.556 tons. How they deliver it is quite different. Bakugo is his explosions, while for Tighten is him throwing the half skyscraper. I would go with Bakugou since his way of delivering his strikes is more focused and consistent while Tighten requires an external mass not his own to create the force(with a help of gravity too). I doubt his punch would be delivered as strong. It would be like throwing a heavy rock against a wall and claiming your punch can do the same. Though with the selected battlefield, Tighten does have significant Ammo for it.

Bakugou gauntlet could have a leg up by storing his gauntlet for a more explosive generation.

Speed and Mobility
Speed is equal and neither had significant speed amplification save for maybe Bakugou which is more of a burst. So Mobility would be relevant. And Tighten had the advantage for having a "true" flight, while Bakugou is more on propulsion.

Abilities and Power
They both have very distinct abilities, with Bakugou having more utility with his Quirk and Support Item and super moves like the Stun grenade and actual grenades, while Tighten is more versatile with his flight and laser beams that have greater range.

Intelligence and Skill
Bakugo has the greater intelligence and skill of the two, being a top student in a top school, having good grades. Despite having short temper and extremely prideful, is still a hard worker and has a good understanding of his Quirk and tries creatively to create new super moves. And he has shown to be able to do good deduction such as discovering the weakness of a villain despite just one meeting. Plus he has actual combat training

While Tighten is stated to have less common sense(in the VS wiki), and easily affected by emotions, and unlike Bakugo, haven't shown to have a good instinct in battle. While he did manage to figure out that the "Metroman" he had met was Megamind by the latter tendency to call Metro City "Metrosity". I am not sure if that is a really good deduction since it's the knowledge that has already been known and can probably be considered common. Megamind and Metroman had fought dozen of times, and the two of them does not define subtlety. And his training isn't really that effective of giving him actual combat skills.

Though I think the most important factor is combat experience. And Bakugo has fought someone who is equal to him in power and even greater, showing good reflex and tactics despite his everpresent anger. While Tighten is emotional as Bakugo, that's all he ever is, only fought Megamind who as we know never really do wish to harm anybody and more or less expect to lose since that is usually how it goes(heroes beat villains), and being outsmarted by Megamind all the time, only powering through his tricks through brute force rather than skill.

While Bakugo does have familiarity with Ground Beta. I am not sure if it is truly a major advantage since it is just a simulation of a generic urban city, something both Bakugo and Tighten would already be familiar with. Though the former might actually use it either as a cover of his laser or to lure him in a trap, I am not sure if Tigten would do anything else other than throwing debris.

Conclusion
How I think would go in my opinion. Is that the two would clash at close combat(I doubt Tighten would have reason to simply fly away from someone that he doesn't know), Bakugo realizing that his opponent could fly and shoot lasers later on, would come up with something to make pummeling the flying idiot(I would assume that would be Bakugo thought process on Tighten) easier. Stun grenade would be his major arsenal due to the fact that it could blind him and prevent him from using his heat vision momentarily. And with Tighten being temporarily immobilized, Bakugo would take the chance to take him using his Super moves or maybe his gauntlet to take Tighten out.

So my vote would be Katsuki Bakugo, due to having the ability that could counter Tighten's, having the skill and combat experience to outsmart Tighten who had never shown any relevant combat skills.

Back