• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Edward and Alphonse passed by Elmore during one of their journeys to find a way to restore their bodies, and Gumball, who was walking down the sidewalk with Darwin, scoffed at Edward's height. "Can you believe how short that guy is?" he whispered to Darwin. "He's so short that when it rains, he'd be the last to know." Big mistake. "SHORT?! WHO YA CALLIN' A PIPSQUEAK, YOU BIG-HEADED TWERP?!" Edward yelled.

Speed is =

Gumball has the Magic Notebook, The Console and The Phone

Fight starts at Elmore Junior High's courtyard

"WHO YOU CALLING SHORT?!": 2

"What the what?!":

Incon:

Last edited:
I don't have any prior knowledge about Edward Elric but I feel like because of his higher attack potency, lifting strength, and outstanding intelligence, he should be able to overwhelm Gumball in a fight without much difficulty. Although Gumball often runs away to think of a better way to win, those are in situations where he doesn't think his position is currently advantageous. He clearly underestimated Edward and he isn't too fond of strangers insulting his head's size, so I think that at first he will try to directly confront the opponent. Gumball's regeneration should help him survive, but the default battle conditions make it so that Gumball doesn't need to die to lose, he just needs to be beaten and tired to lose, so his regeneration won't help him forever, especially since it states on Edward's profile that he doesn't like killing, so Gumball won't be losing via death. I don't know if there is a reliable way to determine at what point Gumball would end up using his hax, so since he doesn't typically use them, I'm going to consider it unlikely to come into play in this matchup. In any case, I see an interesting Alchemy ability listed on Edward's profile that allows him to manipulate matter and energy, so he's got his own hax, which are probably more likely for him to use than Gumball considering it seems to be a prominent aspect of the series he's from.

I vote for Edward, but although I think this battle isn't unfair, I'm not sure if other people will approve of Gumball's loss count increasing every time he's part of a versus thread. I am very unbiased so I don't mind the big and increasing loss count, but I'm sure there are other people who are finding it annoying and/or suspicious. You might want to take this into consideration.

but although I think this battle isn't unfair, I'm not sure if other people will approve of Gumball's loss count increasing every time he's part of a versus thread. I am very unbiased so I don't mind the big and increasing loss count, but I'm sure there are other people who are finding it annoying and/or suspicious. You might want to take this into consideration.
Oh, no, I'm not trying to do it on purpose (in fact, I do think his loss against Riolu should be removed since that's an ancient thread, but maybe that's just me). I just thought this would be an interesting debate. In fact x2, I was gonna give Gumball some of his optional equipment at first, but I didn't know if it would be a stomp or not.

Vote counted, btw.

Oh, no, I'm not trying to do it on purpose (in fact, I do think his loss against Riolu should be removed since that's an ancient thread, but maybe that's just me). I just thought this would be an interesting debate. In fact x2, I was gonna give Gumball some of his optional equipment at first, but I didn't know if it would be a stomp or not.

Vote counted, btw.
Don't worry, I'm not accusing you of anything about purposefully adding losing matchups to Gumball. I was just noting a fact that might be of importance.

Vote counted, btw.

Makes me think of the old days

Although the matches with Spongebob and Batman have to be redone in all honestly, they seem fishy.

Anyway, I suggest giving him some of his equipment. Elric seems to stomp

Well now Gumball is too advantageous. It is in character for Gumball to use his equipment, and all he needs to do is press a button to win immediately before Edward even has the opportunity to touch him. I think that the Universal Remote is too effective here. The other items have their limitations so it won't be a stomp in Gumball's favor.

Alrighty, so now I'm thinking that this battle will be like the same as my initial idea, except now Gumball doesn't end up completely disadvantageous because he now has the Magic Notebook and his summons (assuming summoning is allowed in this battle). That's a good way to balance out how Edward can end up defeating Gumball using Alchemy without much problem (as far as I'm aware). With Gumball's equipment that he uses in character when he has them, he can turn the tide of the battle by using summons as a way to easily get in a better position, and/or use the Magic Notebook to determine his own way of being advantageous which could lead to immediate victory. Gumball also has a surprise factor since I don't think that a reality warping notebook is a predictable item for Gumball to use item in this scenario. If you want a really simple way to put it, it's basically that Gumball has reality warping and Edward has matter manipulation that are both great win conditions for each character. Edward's win condition is more reliable, especially due to his better physical force, but Gumball has a wider variety of ways he can win, though Gumball's win depends on if he uses his items efficiently enough. I'm not sure who to regard as the more likely winner here, so I suppose I'll put my vote as inconclusive now. This was fun to think about! 👍

Ed doesn't use matter manip to hurt foes unless bloodlusted or incredibly desperate. Go-tos are just beating his opponents up or immobilizing them with alchemy constructs.

Ed doesn't use matter manip to hurt foes unless bloodlusted or incredibly desperate. Go-tos are just beating his opponents up or immobilizing them with alchemy constructs.
Good to know but I'm still keeping my vote for this matchup as inconclusive because all Edward has to do is get Gumball beaten and tired (or knocked out depending on how you interpret it), which doesn't necessarily mean he needs to use the full extent of his Alchemy ability since Gumball can be defeated without his regeneration being countered. As I mentioned before, that shouldn't be very difficult to do since Edward is stronger and smarter than Gumball, but Gumball has items that make it so that he has good win conditions too. For example, the Magic Notebook has plot manipulation, but it's not over powered because Gumball needs to write what he wants to happen, which can be difficult to do in a fight, especially with Gumball since he isn't good at writing, so there is the notable likelyhood of him not writing something that makes him win easily. Overall there are multiple aspects of this matchup where either combatant can be in the advantage.

Imo I vote for Gumball because I think the combine usage of the console summons and notebook will be enough for a win though Gumball isn't that smart so idk if he will (that being said he does likely know the summons and notebook are strong so will prioritize them)

Also um -1 vote for ed because james switched to Incon

Back