• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Katekyo Hitman Reborn, Ability Updates

For this particular revision, I think it would be best for all participants to look through this blog as well as anything YungMazi has posted on my wall. As the two of us have gone to a great bit of detail with regards to many of the large themes of the verse.

First, I'll list the abilities to be added in general, not bothering to explain what characters will get what.

Statistics Amplification

Resistance to Perception Manipulation

Resistance to Mind Manipulation

Type 6 Immortality

Power Nullification

Durability Negation

Resistance to Power Nullification

Absorption

Duplication

Perception Manipulation

Mind Manipulation

Healing

Biological Manipulation

Sealing

Summoning

After Image Creation

Resistance to Gravity Manipulation

Soul Manipulation

Alright. Firstly, I'll talk about the abilities that practically everyone in the verse should have, before breaking the abilities down by dying will flame type, and lastly talking about ones specific to particular characters. The abilities everyone in the verse should have are the following:

Statistics Amplification

Referencing both my blog and YungMazi's post, the verse has demonstrated numerous times the ability to use dying will flames as a means of bolstering their attacks, defense, and even amplifying their speed. The future arc uses this heavily, and some characters even go so far as to have their own technique for statistics amplification. Such as the peak performance of Tsuna's X gloves Ver. Vongola ring. Or the usage of A grade and above rings.

Resistance to Perception Manipulation

Illusions have been established since the first and second battle arcs to be the ability to control the five senses. That falling under an illusion is to lose control over your five senses. Aizen's shikai in a nutshell. Only, the illusionists in KHR are able to fool machines. Even fodder tier illusionists have shown the ability to fool camaras, and the population of an entire school, including the Vongola within. Simply mentally knowing that it's an illusion isn't enough, as the future arc proves. One must have an intrinsic feeling that they are under an illusion in order to recognize it and see through it.

Resistance to Power Nullification

Not an ability that literally every character should have, but the vast majority should. The tranquility attribute of rain flames has been shown to be bypassed and resisted by numerous characters throughout the series.

Resistance to Mind Manipulation

On a similar vein to perception manipulation, though this really applies to later arcs. As the illusions become so grandiose that they are practically outright mind manipulation. Most of the characters in the later arcs should have at least minor resistance to mind manipulation stemming from this, though this is the most controversial added ability. More on illusions will be discussed later.

Summoning

It's likely on many profiles already, but, box weapons. The new way of fighting during the future arc allows for the use of flames to summon animals of varying attributes to fight alongside the wielder.

Alright, now to move on to classifications based upon the type of dying will flames. Firstly, we'll talk about sky dying will flames, with the attribute of Harmony.

Petrification and Power Nullification

These two are grouped together for a reason. The power nullification of the sky flames has been shown to work through this petrification. The most clear example is with Xanxus fighting against Jill and Jill's servant. Jill's servant sends elephants covered in rain flames at Xanxus, and Xanxus bypasses their tranquil attribute simply by having his box weapon roar at the attack. Though sky flame users can use petrification without having to nullify abilities, shown when Xanxus not only petrified the attack, but Jill's servant himself.

Next we'll talk about storm flames, of the disintegration attribute.

Durability Negation

Storm flames have demonstrated the ability to bypass barriers, and break through other flames with their disintegration characteristic. This one is fairly self explanation, though it can also serve as a sort of power nullification.

Third are the rain flames, with their attribute of tranquility.

Power Nullification

The rain flames have the ability to calm other flames, essentially turning off their abilities through covering them with a coat of rain flames. This type of flame is also rather self explanatory.

Fourth are the sun flames, having the attribute of activity.

Healing and Minor Biological Manipulation

The Sun flames can heal through increasing the activity of cells. This clearly has biological significance as while Lussuria was healing his men, their healing also amplified the growth of their hair. Or when Uri was bathed in the flames of Ryohei's box weapon, and came out as a fully matured cat. The sun flames increase the activity of cells to produce various results. Normally greatly heightened healing. In some cases, it results in Regenerationn for a limited time.

Fifth are the cloud flames, containing the attribute of propagation.

Absorption

Cloud flame users have the capacity to absorb the flames of others to power their own, using this as an outside source for their propagation. While this isn't necessary to propagate, absorbing large quantities of energy at once can exponentially increase the rate or propagation.

Duplication

This one is rather self explanatory. Their attribute is duplication, so it makes sense that they can duplicate whatever it is that they're applying their flames to. The most obvious example would be Hibari's hedgehogs, though the propagation attribute can apply to other things, such as the muscular strength of Iris' henchmen.

Sixth we have likely the most confusing of the bunch, the mist flames. I am currently blanking on their attribute, but I'll update the post when I remember it. The illusions on KHR essentially went from perception manipulation > resistance bypassing perception manipulation > Minor mind manipulation/Resistance bypassing resistance bypassing perception manipulation > Borderline reality warping.Suffice to say, the abilities listed below will follow suit.

Perception Manipulation

This is the baseline for all illusions in KHR. It's explicity stated to manipulate the five senses of a person, and losing a battle fo illusions is equivalent to losing these senses, such that the illusion is made real.

Minor Mind Manpulatio

Illusions go as far as to fool machines, such that they can only be seen through by an intrinsic sense. Illusions at this point are able to fool the mind so throughly that it cannot be reliably used to see one's way out. Given KHR's spiritual energy type, it is by no means a strength to say that one's spiritual sense is required to see through them.

Reality Warping

Real illusions are illusions made real. That's pretty clear cut. There's also the weapon Verde makes for Mukuro in the last arc, which outright allows his illusions to become real, allowing for heavy mixups between what's real and what's not, further confusing the mind and the five sense.

The seventh flame I'll discuss is the eight attribute flame of night. This flame doesn't have an attribute iirc.

Resistance to Gravity Manipulation

The earth flame has the ability to manipulate gravity. Daemon Spade was able to outright resist this by coating himself in the flames of night. Anyone possessing these flames should be able to do the same.

Now, moving onto the person specific abilities. First, we have Takeshi Yamamoto. He should be given After Image Creation and Status Effect Inducement for being capable of slowing down others to a standstill.

Both Daemon Spade and Mukuro Rokudo should have Type 6 immortality for being able to live through the bodies of those they've possessed. It's rather dangerous close to Low-Godly regen, in particular for Daemon as he can live and even use flames as a disembodied spirit. But it's unknown for how long. Presumably until he can find a suitable body, so likely at least for several minutes.

Tsunayoshi Sawada should certainly have this ability, but it may be that all sky flame users, such as Byakura (more so) and Xanxus (less so), should have it. This being soul manipulation of a rather lower form. Tsuna was able to casually kill Daemon Spade's disembodied soul.

This covers almost all the abilities that are to be added. If there are any disagreements or additions, please comment them below.

I'm also thinking we should have a thread to discuss Tsuna in general. Hyper Intuition, ZPB: Revised and First Edition.

Let's talk about the Hyper Intuition when I make the other post. I think it will be simplest to handle the issues one at a time. Hyper Intuition is among the larger issues.

A lot of characters have the ability to sense Dying Will Flames and see souls.

Characters like Squalo, Tsuna, and Zakuto have displayed the ability to emmitt invisible Dying Will Flames.

Heat Generation for Dying Will Flames.

Durability negation for at least Enma via his black holes.

Upgrade Yamamoto's range in the IC arc as he could use extended sword slashes.

Squalo should have flight via his Box Weapon.

People with Dying Will Flame resistant clothing have resistance to Dying Will Flame attacks.

Mind Manipulation for Byakuran (With Prep)

Information Analysis via prep for Byakuran.

Barrier creation for Tsuna.

Limited Power Nullification and Air Manipulation for Hibari.

We should get rid of Daemon's power mimicry.

Body control for Daemon as can use his hair as a weapon.

Barrier creation for Gamma.

Existence Erasure for Kawahira.

The resistances are a whole other issue.

Then, I don't know how to treat Tsuna's XX-Burner that he used on Enma. It completely negated Enma's black hole and cleared his mind, stopping him from going berserk. It's also implied, and later on flat out stated, that it wasn't pure power.

^ It's implied he can either choose to use a normal, destructive XXBurner or use a version with the Harmony effects

Some of the aforementioned abilities are already listed. Such as forcefield creation.

The rest I'm fine with, minus removing Daemon's power mimicry. He does indeed mimic the abilities of the Vongola and the Shimon. There's no reason why he shouldn't have it. An ability only being usable in verse isn't a reason for it to not be on a profile.

@Litentric

I suppose the Daemon thing is fine. It's my bad if I missed some things in the post. I didn't see Barrier creation at all.

Squalo is shown to be flying on top of his box weapon on chapter 255.

The reason Why I said Daemon probably shouldn't have it is because he had to copy the VG's and Shimon rings to gain those abilities, but in truth (and after thinking over it a bit more) he can probably do this well outside of the verse. Something like creating a copy of a magical weapon a character holds is well within his abilities.

Yeah. He copied to Vongola's powers despite not having their rings. He might be able to do it outside of verse. But the technique is heavily based on in verse logic. But he even managed to copy the flames of night, so there's likely no reason why he couldn't.

As for the Squalo thing, I think I just missed that. Thank you.

Forcefield creation is already on a few profiles, which is the only reason I didn't list it here.

I'll make the post for Tsuna tomorrow.

Back