• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kary-08 vs Dante Alighieri: No real thematic connection anymore

Ah shit I forgot to change that

WeeklyBattles said:
Preeeetty sure this is a stomp
?

If you're referring to Zach's ability, Kary has one comment that ignores durability and she didn't really use it that much. It could be due to character reasons, but still.

>Teleportation

>Bioelectricity Absorption

>Corrosive forcefields

>Transmutation of opponents into energy with a gesture

>Summining a giant intangible demon

Bruh

• Yeah that is quite an ability.
  • She needs to stab someone for this, kill them, or transmute first.
  • Glynda also has a forcefield though?
  • She didn't use this at all while fighting Omega and Xero, for some reason, so I wouldn't exactly say its something she spams.
  • This was with the mask on, and actually ended up screwing her over because of how much it exhausted her.
Regardless, you got another character you feel is fairer? It's not too late for me t ojust swap people.

I think working on files like Oryx has caused me to kinda forget how game changing the less ridiculous abilities can be lol

Teleportation hard counters anything Glynda can do

Glynda's forcefields don't corrode away projectiles used against them

Mary has offhandedly used it against fodder soldiers tho

So is there anyone else you know of you find fairer?

Accept him for who he is smh

On the topic, i'm pretty sure Kary's tabber makes her boobs slightly bigger. The most important part of her super mode for sure.

lol

Dante is 13.43 Tons, Kary scales to 25.7.

Kary outranges Dante but I assume distance will be closed pretty quickly. Dante has enough defensive powers to outlast an onslaught of attacks and can outright deflect them if they are projectiles.

Both can Stat Induce to temporarily incap enemies, both have forcefeilds that can damage enemies and neg projectiles, and both are sort of unreliable with said ability. Dante's smiting probably doesn't work since Kary wouldn't really count as something "Unholy" in the context of Dante's Inferno as an automata. Dante has resisted corrosive acids so IDK how Kary's corrosion would affect him.

Kary's boons in this fight is Duplication, Danmaku, and Regen. Dante's attack reflection only works 1/3 times, so increasing the number of projectiles he has to deal with makes his defenses increasingly unreliable, although he still has forcefields that can block attacks. Regen really helps since Dante doesn't have too many weapons/attacks that can get past that outside of headshots and direct attacks with Death's Scythe.

Dante can yeet her Demon in an instant as he smites stuff like that every other second. He has a great deal of methods of prolonging this match as long as humanly possible, with instinctive reaction, attack reflection, forcefields making a ranged game really hard to play. That said, he fares poorly in close quarters due to Kary's passive damage, although he likely has better endurance.

After a lot of deliberation, I think Kary takes this with a lot of difficulty. It will be a long, grueling fight, and while Dante arguably has better stamina, he can't play the dodging and blocking game forever. With his Holy Weapons basically being reduced to fancy energy attacks, he's going to have a hard time crossing that AP gap combined with Regenerationn. I imagine this will play out a lot like his fight with Lucifer, save for the fact that he doesn't have a deus ex machina to save him.

Wait, shit. This may be an AP issue. Kary's probably around twice as strong as the 25.7 ton guy due to being outright stated by him to be stronger than him and his partner combined. The mask'd kick her into straight up 8-A, if we considered it like that.

I'm pretty sure we don't multiply AP into the next tier through scaling unless it's right at the border.

If she's even higher into 8-B she bodies Dante, though.

The mask is straight up said to triple her power. I can grab a screenshot if you want, but look at Gin Ichimaru's 6-C.

Oh, if a multiplier is directly stated then she should be around 8-B+, likely much higher.

I might even say baseline 8-A if she's already far greater than 25.7.

She stomps pretty hard if she's that far above Dante. Might even beat Lucifer.

She's around twice as strong than the guy with the 25.7 feat while weakened, though the feat took him considerable effort so that should roughly cancel out. Base'd be 51.4 then, and mask is triple.

She takes this low-diff then if it's base, stomps entirely if w/mask. Dante would have to bank on repeatedly reflecting attacks back at her, which is stupidly unlikely. Outside of that he'd have massive trouble harming her.

bump

bump

Back