• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Karmic Split ~ Cole vs. Evil Cole (One more vote)

The_Wright_Way

VS Battles
Retired
I'm doing this match again sense they have different profiles now and therefore this can be added.

~

Hero Cole woke up from his nap, having absorbed the last of the Blast Cores. "How you feeling man?" Zeke asked from his spot on the couch, a beer bottle in one hand and a TV remote in the other. "I feel like I just picked up a new trick." Cole responded. "You might want to stand back, this could be messy." Cole clenched his fist, focusing intently. A familiar blue glow soon encompassed his entire form. Cole yelled in surprise as he suddenly appeared in the sky over the church, his electric powers allowed him to float down and land on the sidewalk without harm. "Run! It's the demon!" Someone screamed and the civilians began to flee. Cole raised an eyebrow. Some people still hated him sure, but that much? "You know, I used to have blue lightning like you did." A mocking voice called out, Cole turned towards it to find a mirror image of himself. "Of course, the stronger I get, the more that feels like an awfully long time ago." Evil Cole sauntered towards his heroic counterpart like he owned the streets.

"I've got to admit, that was one hell of lightshow. What brings you here?" Evil Cole asked as he sized up the Patron Saint. "I just got to the last of the Blast Cores, felt like it gave me a new power, I didn't expect to travel between worlds or wherever the hell this is." Good Cole admitted. Before the Demon could inquire further, he saw something out of the corner of his eye. A civilian hiding behind a car, holding a Blast Shard. As the two locked eyes, the bystander took of running. The Demon gave his alternate self a smug grin. "Race you for him." And in a flash, Evil Cole was off, bounding down the street with the Hero hot on his trail. One quick bolt from the Demon floored the man as the villain laughed sadistically. But before he could collect his prize, a rocket hit him in the back and sent him spiralling down the road.

"Yeah. Not on my watch." Good Cole chastised as he quickly moved to heal the innocent bystander. Evil Cole looked at him in bewilderment. "What? Are you serious? Buddy, we have powers, we can do whatever we want." The Patron Saint rolled his eyes. "What? Like we're Bertrand or Sasha? With that attitude, you just need to grow a bit more and we can start calling you the Beast." The Demon of Empire City got to his feet, glaring down the Patron Saint of New Marias. "Why would I want that when I can be the man who kills him? But first, I'll be the man that killed you."

inFAMOUS 2 Versions. No RFI, Beast Powers, or Vampire Powers.

Cole-macgrath-psallstars
vs.
Playstation all stars br evil cole macgrath by acdramon-d5kp0oj

I should've figured that this match would've been eventually

Evil Cole via not dying in his ending Anywho, this is a really tough call. They should just be just about even in terms of everything. Speed, strength, skill, experience, etc. the only things seperating them are their abilities and mindsets.

Right off the bat, electricity is useless. Their resistances should prove to be high enough that they can shrug off each other's bolts. Even the versatility of them gets ignored by the sole fact that they can just absorb them. Skull bolt might have an effect, but given that it makes people explode with electricity, I think Good Cole will most likely be fine.

Now, their Rockets, Grenades and Blasts should still do damage as they use kinetic energy explosions, so really depends on what both are bringing to the table. Evil Cole's are sanely is built for widespread damage and AOE explosions, meant to hit hard. Good Cole's arsenal is built more for precise, quick attacks that are meant to incapacitate the target without causing too much collateral.

Good Cole has the more tricky arsenal, as he has sticky grenades that can bounce off walls to land bank shots, and redirect rocket has some crazy range. However, Evil Cole's nightmare blast and punch blast are a forced to be reckoned with, as they can slam into foes or leave them paralyzed and suffocated.

However, since they do share some abilities, it'll be easier for both to counter since they know what the attack is.

Ice and fire attacks get weathered by resistances in both sides. Ionic attacks are a tricky call. Ionic Storm gets absorbed, and Ionic Freeze gets resisted by Evil Cole (probably). Ionic Vortex is something that both have and can potentially be dodged/countered. I'm fairly sure that Good Cole can resist Ionic Drain, as he can withstand the touch of David, but not sure how it scales.

Calling inconclusive, both are too evenly matched and can counter/resit each other's attacks

Question, don't Cole's projectiles ignore resistances to electricity? Shouldn't they be able to hurt each other fine? They both hurt and got hurt by Kessler just fine after all.

Yeah, as much as I'd love Cole to have negation resisting lightning, I think it's just his lighting is just strong enough to bypass his own level of resistance

Though, now that I think about it, it may be the same as with Kessler vs Cole, where there lightning is able to hurt each other cause of its potency.

Though even if that's the case, again, it's nothing that they haven't dealt with before. Good Cole has the advantage of forcefields that can absorb energy attacks and superior mobility via ice launch. Evil Cole may not have a forcefield, but he can still fly away via firebird strike and has blasts.

Back