• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Karate Kid (DC Comics)?

The_Everlasting

VS Battles
Joke Battles
Retired
Just saw a page created for Karate Kid on the OBD here, and was wondering how much of it was legit.

To give a brief rundown, his AP/Durability is based on defeating Equus, who fought on par with Superman, as well as fighting Kryptonians. However, I have no idea what story Equus fought Superman or when Karate Kid did so, nor if the comic (Or any comics by the same writer) had good feats for Superman.

However, his speed is entirely justified based on this calc where Karate Kid throws Mon-El into another solar system.

Could any DC experts take a look at this?

The main question I had was Equus' feats from when Karate Kid fought him, or if Kryptonians have a standard level of power.

That reminds me of another question I had. Are there any Marvel/DC characters that don't have the powerscaling rules applied to them? Like, isn't Eternity literally supposed to embody the universe?

So wouldn't Eternity by default be Low 2-C in all of his appearances?

Regardless, do you know any of Equus' feats? Or in what comic Karate Kid fought him?

The Everlasting said:
So wouldn't Eternity by default be Low 2-C in all of his appearances?
Regardless, do you know any of Equus' feats? Or in what comic Karate Kid fought him?
Yes. Basic Eternities are, by default, Low 2-C unless shown otherwise.

I don't, unfortunately.

It still depends unfortunately. Eternity tends to be quite a jobber.

Antvasima said:
It still depends unfortunately. Eternity tends to be quite a jobber.
Eternity jobs so incredibly hard. Almost as hard as Norrin (though at least he kinda has a reason), but still not nearly as much as Thanos.

Thanos is more of a Villain Sue/Black Hole Sue. Everybody, including even Odin and Galactus job to force-feed how "awesome" Jim Starlin's favourite little genocidal nihilist is to the fandom.

That was an out-of continuity all-ages comic.

Back