• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kamek Profile revision and more miscellaneous Mario Bros additions (Mario Kart stuff, Fodder gifted intelligence, Mario Party items, and others)

I would like to add that there are multiple misspellings and wrong words used in the Kamek profile rework. "Unshaved" instead of "unscathed" for example.

Also, for Time Manipulation, there's a case in Super Mario Party, but I can't find it rn. I recall it being in an old thread though

I would like to add that there are multiple misspellings and wrong words used in the Kamek profile rework. "Unshaved" instead of "unscathed" for example.
Yeah wording things have never been my strongest attribute. I fixed the listed example, I also looked through the profile again to see if there were any other grammar mishaps. I'm not the best at finding incorrect grammar stuff so any input on it is appreciated.
Also, for Time Manipulation, there's a case in Super Mario Party, but I can't find it rn. I recall it being in an old thread though
I did some digging and found this thread which might be the one you're referring to.

If that wasn't clear, I disagree with the Gifted Intelligence thing.
  • The "Kamek" navbox is missing.
  • The sound file's caption in the quote template looks really bad. I'd either leave it without a caption, or transcribe the sound file (i.e. "Eeeeheeheeheehee!") and put it in the quote template.
  • The summary seems to be taken from the Super Mario Wiki. I'd replace it with a brand new one, such as: "Kamek is a high-ranking Magikoopa in the Koopa Troop and Bowser's advisor and former caretaker. Due to this, he is a recurring antagonist in the Mario verse. The Japanese version makes no distinctions between Kamek's and generic Magikoopas' names, which is retained in some English localizations, though unique Magikoopas are often presumed to be Kamek."
  • The Origin section is for the verse from which the character is from, not the specific game (unless, I guess, if they have only ever appeared in one game).
  • "Karts" and "bikes in the" Vehicular Mastery explanation are capitalized when they shouldn't be.
  • The pronoun and verb in the beginning of the third sentence of the Vehicular Mastery explanation should be "He is," or, for consistency with the other sentences, omitted altogether.
  • In the Self-Perception Manipulation and Afterimage Creation explanation, there should be a comma between "Zone Speed" and "Kamek." Also, "perception" is capitalized when it shouldn't be.
  • Self-Sustenance needs references.
  • "Similarly" in the Magic explanation isn't capitalized when it should be, while "can" has the opposite issue (though "can"'s can be fixed by ommiting Kamek, which also prevents repetition). Also, "Magikoopas" shouldn't have an apostrophe.
  • The references would look better lumped together at the end of the sentences (e.g. "Kamek can shoot magic blasts that come in the form of shapes.[4][5][6]"). Also, references should be put after punctuation, not before (e.g. "Kamek is a wizard.[1]" instead of "Kamek is a wizard[1].").
  • The Weapon Creation feat looks more like a Hammerspace one. Also, "magic-infused" should be hyphenated.
  • "Mushrooms" in the Creation explanation should be capitalized, and their full name should be used (Super Mushrooms). Also, the plural of "Spiny" is "Spinies," and "Bob-ombs" is completely misspelled.
  • "Peach" in the Transformation explanation should be capitalized, and her full title (Princess Peach) should be used.
  • "Power" in the Statistics Amplification, Statistics Reduction, and Size Manipulation shouldn't be capitalized. Also, the commas separating the abilities shouldn't be bolded, and the first comma in the explanation proper should be replaced with "and" or another form of punctuation.
  • "Yoshi's Island" should be fully capitalized in the Mind Manipulation and Curse Manipulation explanation, and there should be a comma afterwards.
  • "Disassembled" in the Telekinesis explanation should be capitalized.
  • Kamek's name is misspelled in the Life Manipulation explanation.
  • The comma after "Flame Wall" in the Fire Manipulation explanation should be replaced by a period.
  • "Duplicates" in the Duplication explanation should have an apostrophe afterwards.
  • The Optional Equipment tabber is both misspelled and empty.
  • The "a" in the Durability section should be omitted. Alternatively, the "giant" should be uncapitalized.
  • The references in general aren't up to VS Battles Wiki standards.

Quick question on the Bowser Class Y stuff, but why does it scale to him directly? Isn't he using a machine instead of his own physical strength for that, so shouldn't it only be Class Y with prep and machines or something.

Should probs get Class Y in giant form from the same game tho, he actively resists the pull of the black hole (vortex?) that drags in planets during his boss fight.

Quick question on the Bowser Class Y stuff, but why does it scale to him directly? Isn't he using a machine instead of his own physical strength for that, so shouldn't it only be Class Y with prep and machines or something.
Yeah, I was thinking about it only being Class Y with machinery.

I agree only with the airships as optional equipment. The Flight feat looks more like a high jump (of which there is plenty in this franchise), and the Regeneration page specifically says:
Instances of characters being wounded and inexplicably recovering off-screen should not be taken as evidence of regeneration unless supported by further context. This is due to reasons ranging from the possibility of off-screen treatment to continuity errors. See this thread for reference.
However, I do think the Koopalings (as well as all the characters who appear in the Bowser's Minions duology) should get Low Regeneration, based on them healing between battles in Minion Quest and Bowser Jr.'s Journey.

Was thinking maybe we could bump up Mario's intelligence on his profile to something like this:

Extraordinary Genius (Mario possesses numerous and versatile talents, from being able to excel in many sports such as basketball, soccer, tennis, golf, baseball, bike riding, football, hockey, dodgeball, shooting, and driving to taking up other careers such as a carpenter, construction/demolition worker, plumber, soldier, brewery worker, cement factory worker, artist, referee, archaeologist, chef, animal trainer, pilot, and submarine captain. He can play the guitar, quickly fix a clear pipe with the help of his brother Luigi, create his own robots, navigate and complete the Forest of Illusion where it was stated he would need to use his brain to solve the most perplexing puzzles, make his own hat a custom-made fall out shelter, and fly a helicopter that's able to lift a giant gold statue of Peach. He's even intelligent enough to excel in multiple white-collar occupations such as being a physician, the CEO of a highly successful toy company with said toys being able to function for combat, and a highly skilled doctor ever since he was a baby who's able to create his own medicine that cured a patient that a scientist couldn't. Mario is an experienced fighter and expert combatant, battling and defeating a diversity of foes and beings with various magic, unnatural powers and abilities, vastly different technology, and multiple fighting styles. His expertise and fighting prowess even extend back to his earlier years, where he's fully capable of piloting vehicles, skillfully using various power-ups and weapons, and confronting an entire alien race invading his planet as an infant. He also outsmarted archaeologists and scientists during his vacation to Pi'illo Island, solving the very mystery that left the aforementioned people scratching their heads and was able to beat Jynx, a master combatant, who was so impressed with Mario's fighting capabilities, he renamed his entire dojo after the plumber and made him the master. He can also successfully understand the Yoshi language, the Chain Chomp language, and even the Shroob language. Mario has gained so much skill that he's capable of completing trials such as The Perfect Run, Tubular, The Impossible Pack, and more, where Mario's incapable of suffering so much as a single hit, and his multiple accomplishments have made him famous worldwide)

Last edited:
Was thinking maybe we could bump up Mario's intelligence on his profile to something like this:

Extraordinary Genius (Mario possesses numerous and versatile talents, from being able to excel in many sports such as basketball, soccer, tennis, golf, baseball, bike riding, football, hockey, dodgeball, shooting, and driving to taking up other careers such as a carpenter, construction/demolition worker, plumber, soldier, brewery worker, cement factory worker, artist, referee, archaeologist, chef, animal trainer, pilot, and submarine captain. He can play the guitar, quickly fix a clear pipe with the help of his brother Luigi, create his own robots, navigate and complete the Forest of Illusion where it was stated he would need to use his brain to solve the most perplexing puzzles and fly a helicopter that's able to lift a giant gold statue of Peach. He's even intelligent enough to excel in multiple white-collar occupations such as being a physician, the CEO of a highly successful toy company with said toys being able to function for combat, and a highly skilled doctor who is able to create his own medicine to cure diseases, even as a baby. Mario is an experienced fighter and expert combatant, battling and defeating a diversity of foes and beings with various magic, unnatural powers and abilities, vastly different technology, and multiple fighting styles. His expertise and fighting prowess even extend back to his earlier years, where he's fully capable of piloting vehicles, skillfully using various power-ups and weapons, and confronting an entire alien race invading his planet as an infant. He also outsmarted archaeologists and scientists during his vacation to Pi'illo Island, solving the very mystery that left the aforementioned people scratching their heads and was able to beat Jynx, a master combatant, who was so impressed with Mario's fighting capabilities, he renamed his entire dojo after the plumber and made him the master. Mario has gained so much skill that he's capable of completing trials such as The Perfect Run, Tubular, The Impossible Pack, and more, where Mario's incapable of suffering so much as a single hit, and his multiple accomplishments have made him famous worldwide)
Off topic, but I would think putting this in the general mario discussion thread works.

That's just Genius, anyways.
Well, we can still add all the other stuff I mentioned to his intelligence section, right? Would "possibly Extraordinary Genius" be added also or no? I mean, he's outsmarted Wario and Bowser who are both Extraordinary Geniuses.

Outsmarting someone tactics wise =/= out doing them in scientific genius I should mention. Though the best explanation for Extraordinary Genius was inventing a pill that even Mad Scientist was jealous of its scientific achievement however. But one of the most obvious examples of Extraordinary Genius is single handedly constructing a robot empire yes. And the baseline to reach it would be like having the math skills that normal people would not be able to without a scientific calculator or translating over 100 languages that most people need google translate to do.

Well, we can still add all the other stuff I mentioned to his intelligence section, right? Would "possibly Extraordinary Genius" be added also or no? I mean, he's outsmarted Wario and Bowser who are both Extraordinary Geniuses.
They're also morons, both of them (especially Bowser). Outsmarting them in a strategic department isn't really even a feat just because they happen to have a tech feat, they're really dumb.

Last edited:
Bowser is basically Dr Doofensmirts level; he is extraordinary mechanical engineering wise, but brawns over brains when it comes to common sense and social skills. Wario is more so lazy rather than dumb but that still results in him making dumb decisions.

They're also morons, both of them (especially Bowser). Outsmarting them in a strategic department isn't really even a feat just because they happen to have a tech feat, they're really dumb.
Bowser is basically Dr Doofensmirts level; he is extraordinary mechanical engineering wise, but brawns over brains when it comes to common sense and social skills. Wario is more so lazy rather than dumb but that still results in him making dumb decisions.
But can we still add everything I listed to Mario's intelligence section? I feel like it should be expanded on a little more.

Looking at kamek's new profile.
Why did you choose an image with a tie he wears in one game
Add Game Mage, Magikoopa (Due to him not having a unique Japanese name he isn't called his actual name sometimes), and A Certain Mage (Alias used in Mario Maker 2) to names.

Vechicular mastery should probably mention the broom

We can't use the second scan for weather Manipulation but we can use these two

Can't use the current telekinesis scans but there is this

Life manip has bad scans but we could use Roger the Potted Ghost

I suggest adding this and this to transmutation

The justification for fire resistance is resistance to magma

and with orbs there is this and this

The "Kamek" navbox is missing.
Added.
The sound file's caption in the quote template looks really bad. I'd either leave it without a caption, or transcribe the sound file (i.e. "Eeeeheeheeheehee!") and put it in the quote template.
Gotcha I'll do the former.
The summary seems to be taken from the Super Mario Wiki. I'd replace it with a brand new one, such as: "Kamek is a high-ranking Magikoopa in the Koopa Troop and Bowser's advisor and former caretaker. Due to this, he is a recurring antagonist in the Mario verse. The Japanese version makes no distinctions between Kamek's and generic Magikoopas' names, which is retained in some English localizations, though unique Magikoopas are often presumed to be Kamek."
Added.
The Origin section is for the verse from which the character is from, not the specific game (unless, I guess, if they have only ever appeared in one game).
Changed.
"Karts" and "bikes in the" Vehicular Mastery explanation are capitalized when they shouldn't be.
Fixed.
The pronoun and verb in the beginning of the third sentence of the Vehicular Mastery explanation should be "He is," or, for consistency with the other sentences, omitted altogether.
Fixed.
In the Self-Perception Manipulation and Afterimage Creation explanation, there should be a comma between "Zone Speed" and "Kamek." Also, "perception" is capitalized when it shouldn't be.
Fixed.
Self-Sustenance needs references.
Fixed.
"Similarly" in the Magic explanation isn't capitalized when it should be, while "can" has the opposite issue (though "can"'s can be fixed by ommiting Kamek, which also prevents repetition). Also, "Magikoopas" shouldn't have an apostrophe.
Fixed.
The references would look better lumped together at the end of the sentences (e.g. "Kamek can shoot magic blasts that come in the form of shapes.[4][5][6]"). Also, references should be put after punctuation, not before (e.g. "Kamek is a wizard.[1]" instead of "Kamek is a wizard[1].").
I kind of disagree when it comes to references at the end of sentences. If they all lumped together at the end it's kind of hard to tell what goes to what. I'ma see if I can fix the references after punctuation but it's gonna take a while.
The Weapon Creation feat looks more like a Hammerspace one. Also, "magic-infused" should be hyphenated.
Changed.
"Mushrooms" in the Creation explanation should be capitalized, and their full name should be used (Super Mushrooms). Also, the plural of "Spiny" is "Spinies," and "Bob-ombs" is completely misspelled.
Fixed can't believe I missed the Bob-omb misspelling.
"Peach" in the Transformation explanation should be capitalized, and her full title (Princess Peach) should be used.
Fixed.
"Power" in the Statistics Amplification, Statistics Reduction, and Size Manipulation shouldn't be capitalized. Also, the commas separating the abilities shouldn't be bolded, and the first comma in the explanation proper should be replaced with "and" or another form of punctuation.
Fixed.
"Yoshi's Island" should be fully capitalized in the Mind Manipulation and Curse Manipulation explanation, and there should be a comma afterwards.
Fixed.
"Disassembled" in the Telekinesis explanation should be capitalized.
Fixed.
Kamek's name is misspelled in the Life Manipulation explanation.
Fixed.
The comma after "Flame Wall" in the Fire Manipulation explanation should be replaced by a period.
Fixed.
"Duplicates" in the Duplication explanation should have an apostrophe afterwards.
Fixed.
The Optional Equipment tabber is both misspelled and empty.
Fixed the title. I was trying to go for a layered tabbers but for some reason, it's not showing the contents when clicked on, and idk how to fix it.
The "a" in the Durability section should be omitted. Alternatively, the "giant" should be uncapitalized.
Fixed.
Kamek's name is misspelled in the Life Manipulation explanation.
Fixed.

Also, what's the status of Yoshi's Crafted World and Yoshi's Woolly World? Do we consider them non-cannon now?
Why did you choose an image with a tie he wears in one game
It makes him visually unique from regular Magikoopa.
Vechicular mastery should probably mention the broom

We can't use the second scan for weather Manipulation but we can use these two

Can't use the current telekinesis scans but there is this

Life manip has bad scans but we could use Roger the Potted Ghost

I suggest adding this and this to transmutation

The justification for fire resistance is resistance to magma
I'll add these when I get the time.

I think they're just a different universe.

Helpful but to confirm that crafted world is technically main universe: https://nintendoeverything.com/yosh...rgarten-inspiration-flip-side-gimmick-more/2/

Yamamoto: When we first chose the setting for the game, we decided to go with the theme of things crafted in kindergarten. The sort of kindergarten where the children are making figures of Yoshi and playing with them… That was the image we had.

Really, a kindergarten?

Yamamoto:
Yes, with Baby Mario and Baby Peach there too. A kindergarten within the Mario world. So then we thought about the sort of sweets those children would be able to get their hands on and even went through designing some of those empty boxes. Always, though, with that development image in mind.

I kind of disagree when it comes to references at the end of sentences. If they all lumped together at the end it's kind of hard to tell what goes to what.
It would be if what required the reference were different sentences or clauses, but it's not. The scans and therefore references are scattered across a single clause. Like that, it seems like the references are referring only to the fragments immediately before them; for example, assuming each word has a different scan, the sentence "Bowser[1] can[2] breathe[3] fire[4]" would imply that the first reference refers only to Bowser, the second reference refers only to can, and so forth, while "Bowser can breathe fire[1][2][3][4]" correctly implies that each reference refers to the sentence as a whole. As for the scans, identifying the game from which each came from is unnecessary, since most if not all of the scans are YouTube videos which clearly identify the game in question in their titles. If you still wish to identify the games in the scans in the wiki proper, you could arrange them and the references so that they are in the same order.

Bump, I updated the votes and added Inorganic Physiology type 1 for paper beings under general changes. Also, while most of the revisions presented have been accepted by two staff I'll probably wait for one more staff member to review this before I make any of the proposed changes.

Back