• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kakuzu is Being Downplayed

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I was searching through some of the Naruto character pages on the wiki and I have come to find there are multiple inconsistencies in relation to the akatsuki and their Attack Potency, specifically Kakuzu. I noticed that we have the bijuu set at large island level yet we have characters such as kakuzu set at town level, despite the fact that he has defeated both the 7 tails and 2 tails jinchuriki. Even though we didn't get to see the fight with the 7 tails we did get to see a portion of the fight with the 2 tails and in that small section we were able to read, kakuzu has feats.

One of these feats is he tanked a direct attack from the full 2 tails perfect jinchuriki and also tanked another attack that blew up the building they were i and destroyed a large portion of a mountain. For proof that kakuzu tanked it the panel following their battle displays a completely unharmed and uncaring kakuzu.

There are also guidebook statements supporting the akatsuki being bijuu level threats as they are stated stronger than Jinchuriki.The bijuu are shown to be able to tank each others attacks, Specifically shown here as the two tails tanks a hit from kcm 2 avatar Naruto.

Now some people might try to argue that we didn't see either Kakuzu or Hidan harm the 2 tails, both of them are fighters relying on their AP, such as Hidan with his scythe and ritual or Kakuzu with his Taijutsu and Ninjutsu, so at some point they had to of damaged the 2 tails with their AP although it was likely that it was Kakuzu who did it as he is usually the "doer" of the two , but even if you argue Hidan could've been the one to damage her it is directly acknowledged that Kakuzu is stronger than Hida,so this would scale to him anyway.

This is only the first of the upgrade threads I am going to make for the akatsuki, I also have issues with characters such as deidera and kisame's AP and most of the akatsuki as whole. The Narrative and prerequisite's of the akatsuki is being able to subdue bijuu so you would think that most of them would be on the level of the jinchuriki that they fight.

A number of the Naruto profiles are just inconsistent with each other right now and have been for a long time.

It just doesn't make any sense for Kakuzu to not scale to the Bijuu.

Yobo Blue said:
Can you clean up this post a bit? It's a bit hard to read.
Yeah I keep editing the post trying to indent between each argument but it just keeps reverting back to the way it was, do you know how to fix this?

Naruto, Kakashi, and Asuma make Kakuzu inconsistent asf. Naruto defeated him with his RS. Asuma could take a kick from him and get right back up. Kakashi was kinda doing Base Kakuzu bad. He even one shotted him with Chidori. If he had only one heart it would have been all over. These characters are all rated lower than tailed beasts

Also again in that fight it's implied Hidan defeated her because of his curse.

Also most of the Akatsuki catch the tailed beasts before the jins transform completely. 4 tails is an example, 5 tails, and most like the 6 tails as well as the 7 tails

> Also again in that fight it's implied Hidan defeated her because of his curse.

Agreed. Kakuzu is definitely not on the level where he is directly comparable to a Biju's AP.

Hiden most likely beat her by harming himself.

Ok kakashi only took out kakuzu bc he was off guard and his earth heart is weak to lightning also base kakuzu was doing kakashi bad, asuma didn't do shit to kakuzu that much kakuzu literally got past asuma and two other ppl to get hidan's head and then when hidan came back asuma got negged

Asuma would scale in durability. Also off guard in Naruto doesn't make your durability go down. Kakashi one shorted Kakuzu who at that time wasn't even using an earth style jutsu and his body has other elemental natures in it so the light advantage gets negated anyway now.

Also this hidan curse point is dumb bc they still need to hurt the two tails for blood so kakuzu and hidan just scale to her also jinchuriki in base are stronger or at least relative to the tail beast by itself since they need to go through the chakra tug a war so Akatsuki members would scale

Which again makes this shit PIS and inconsistent cause Hidan got his head cut off by Asuma and Kakashi can keep up with him and shikamaru can restrain him

Yeah, no matter how you look at it Shinobi on the level of Hidan / Asuma are not Large Island level.

Kakashi took out his earth heart with a lightning jutsu you do know earth is weak to lightning so kakuzu basically had a weakness not to mention the momentum after this when kakuzu focused on kakashi and fought his kakashi got raped

Dude it doesn't matter if the heart got destroyed; it's the fact that Kakashi pierced through his body with one try. Kakashi one shorted him. Only reason he was still alive is because he had more than one heart. Also elemental advantages don't make up for that much in battle in Naruto tbh. It works whenever plot calls for it.

Tmw Kakashi literally no sold a lightning jutsu from Kakuzu. And blocked his other jutsu with his water wall

AstralKing7 said:
Naruto, Kakashi, and Asuma make Kakuzu inconsistent asf. Naruto defeated him with his RS. Asuma could take a kick from him and get right back up. Kakashi was kinda doing Base Kakuzu bad. He even one shotted him with Chidori. If he had only one heart it would have been all over. These characters are all rated lower than tailed beasts

Also again in that fight it's implied Hidan defeated her because of his curse.
Okay I've seen this argument before, and no Kakashi piercing Kakuzu is not inconsistent as It is directly stated by Kakashi that he used the weakness of kakuzu's earthstyle by using a lightning style jutsu So this wouldn't scale to his actual durability as it is being negated via a weakness. This point was pushed literally in the chapters leading up to this as well when yamato is teaching naruto about which chakra natures are effective and weak against each other. This is more support for Kakashi using a weakness of kakuzu to damage him. Another thing, Kakashi's Raikiri has no anti-feats, he was capable of one-shotting pains with it and in it's entire run in the series, it has never failed a single time, the only time it "hasn't worked" was when he stalemated Kakuzu's lightning style, so even if you argue that he was somehow not using Kakuzu's weakness against him, this would just upscale Kakshi's AP seeing as we directly see Kakuzu tank bijuu attacks.

As for Asuma He literally got oneshot by Kakuzu. This is actually an impressive feat as well because Asuma is stated to be near Kakashi's level of strength in the databook. Not to mention Kakuzu was dismantling their group the entire battle.

So now that we've gotten Asuma and Kakashi out of the way, let's talk about naruto. I thought this would a pretty blatant argument, but as we or you should know The rasenshuriken damages on a cellular level. So when naruto hits him with the rasenshuriken, it bypasses conventional durability.

Easy enough, now let me show you what kakuzu was doing to their group. here is kakashi getting kicked and tossed. Here is Kakashi and his squad getting blitzed by Kakuzu's worms. Here is Kakashi getting blitzed and beaten again. Now mind you this is a holding back Kakuzu as he specifically states that Kakashi's heart is the one he was going to use to replace his own. This would mean that Kakuzu would need to keep Kakashi alive rather than kill him so he would be unable to use any of his big attacks like he was doing at the beginning of the fight. Kakuzu also fodderises Naruto during his fight with him and basically bullies his clones for 2 chapters. Here is a few more. kakuzu would of killed him here had it not been for Kakashi. And the only reason Kakuzu even got hit by naruto was due to the use of of Naruto's shadow clones as a diversion. This fighting style is mentioned as a distractio and when kakuzu finally does get hit It is because he once again attacked the wrong clone and was caught off guard from behind.

Now I feel like I've demonstrated why these "inconsistencies" are not inconsistent. Just some quick minor points that I feel like aren't too relevant but should be adressed anyway. regardless if you say Hidan finished off the 2 tails, he still would of been required to damage her or have kakuzu damage her for her blood. I already posted the statement earlier but Kakuzu is directly stated to be stronger than Hidan so even if you say Hidan did it it would still scale to Kakuzu. We never saw the full fights for the 4 or 5 tails, so we have no idea whether they went into their bijuu states, very well could have, didn't see the fights at all for the 6 or 7 tails, so no claims can be made on those, it wouldn't be inconsistent for someone like kisame to fight a full bijuu anyway seeing as he is directly stated to have bijuu and jinchuriki level power.

I feel like that's it, hope I cleared up some confusion.

Kisame fought bee too. The akatsuki fighting the bijuus is just so consistent. And also we see utakata fight pain and utakata goes into his cloak form. It makes sense that kisame fought roshi in his bijuu cloak

What scaling is actually being proposed here? Kukaku and Hidan being Large Island level+? Because that would be a ridiculous outlier.

I've already desrcibed why it wouldn't be an outlier as kakuzu has no anti feats, but it would be an upgrade to kakuzu to large island level. We don't know if Hidan necessarily damaged the 2 tails, or if he legitimatley tanked the attack because he could've just regened from it.

No it wouldn't because Kakuzu doesn't scale to a lot of characters, he has very neiche scaling...

Only people who scale to Kakazu physically.

The only reason Kakashi was able to take out his heart was because he used lightning style and raikiri which has no anti-feats it always pierces. Kakazu's shield was earth style too and raikiri specifically counters that.

Kakazu was literally bodying the whole team physically.

> The only reason Kakashi was able to take out his heart was because he used lightning style and raikiri which has no anti-feats it always pierces

Are you suggesting that Raikiri bypasses conventional durability?

By the way, do we even have any evidence that the Two-Tails Biju's striking strength actually scales to her attack potency with a Biju Bomb?

In this situation it is shown that kakuzu's diamond release is specifically weak to kakash's raikiri, so yes in this scenario it does bypass kakuzu's durability via a weakness, but even if you argue it doesn't do that the raikiri has no anti feats, so it could just be that strong as supported with its capability of oneshotting paths of pain.

Also I sent evidence in my first argument that the 2 tails took an attack from the 9 tails and the other bijuu are capable of hurting each other with their normal physical attacks. we've also seen the 8 tails tank a bijuu bomb from them and held back a 10 tails bijuu bomb as well. so yes they're physical attacks should still be on par. It logically flows as well because they can amp their taijutsu with their chakra, so it should be relative.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back